• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Be honest: Panic buys....

Not pre election, but when New Town happened I was at the airport picking up my daughter and watching the news at the airport. I went directly to Zero Hour. I didn't really carried away but made sure I had a magazine fed rifle for everyone in the house. I told my wife that she was lucky we didn't have any grandkids that needed outfitting

People are building them in MA -RIGHT NOW- whether Healey likes it or not. And there's not anything she can do about it. What is she going to do, arrest everyone with an LTC? (I'm sure the local DAs are eager to go along with her made up law to arrest everyone).

I wouldn't hinge any of my decisions based on her bullshit, frankly. **** her.

-Mike

This right here. If the AG thinks for one second AR-15s ceased to be built in this State after her decree, she's delusional.

Yeah, I bought a case of 556 at jacked up prices during the dry spell. Now I dollar cost average...slow and steady ammo buys. Amazingly enough, I don't really need another gun...which makes me nuts. PS - this will sound stupid because it was...when mini mags were scarce, I was at a LGS and they had two sleeves at $15 each, I bought one just because as I already had 10k rounds, I keep it to this day with the price tag, as a reminder to not be stupid and that things get worse.

Last edited:
IMHO still retarded, I don't trust anything that bitch says.

-Mike

I definitely agree there's a gray area.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for the thread jack. I just bought a shit load of .45 that would otherwise be kind of dumb to stock up on lol. but still stocked up. When funds permit, I try to buy buy buy!!!

My ammunition purchases amped up by quite a bit (maybe an extra 1,000 rounds per month more than norma)l, then slowed after the election, but I am still adding. I'm also shooting more, so stores are not building particularly quickly.

As far as purchases, I only bought at my regular pace on guns pre-election, and the only unplanned one was an M&P 22 - but I did buy 2 pistols, an Anschutz .22 for my son and a real Colt pre-ban AR since the election.

quick question..have shotgun shells always been cheap? I recently got a mossy 500 and got a box of 25 federal target loads for $6. is this a reflection of ammo prices being low?

About the Same here. Except I have a few 22's that get exercise once in a while.

Saddens me to go to the range with my 525 round packs of federal ammo, where I only see the 325 round packs offered for $10 more per pack than what I paid a "few" years ago.
Depending on the month, or before/after the election... prices for 525 vs 325 are about the same, but where are those other 200 rounds???
The days of .03 22 are gone. Used to buy cases of 5K rounds of Bulk CCI blazer at Four Seasons for 139 bucks on sale.
I actually bought 5K rounds of CCI 22 today just because it was available. It becomes a sickness after a while. I will say aI sold some when it was impossible to get to a few people so they could shoot. I had a lot of standard velocity CCI stuff that the pistol league guys like to shoot. I sold some to them. It is still difficult to find.

registering what?

FA what?

If they're cutting open your gun safe to look, you have bigger problems.
It would be nice to be able to take an ar to the range without risking some overzealous cop jamming me up. I want to be able to enjoy the rifle I bought the parts for.

According to some news reports retailers and manufacturers should be feeling it...

Gun sales have dropped since Trump’s election, except among people scared of his administration

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a6ed597e4ca_story.html?utm_term=.28b7c36d9a91

BOSSIER CITY, La. — Sales of guns and ammunition in the United States have dropped precipitously since Election Day, according to FBI statistics, trade groups, gun shop owners and corporate reports, what many say is the result of electing a president who has vowed to protect gun rights.

But that overall decline has been accompanied by some unusual growth: Gun clubs and shops that cater to black and LGBT clients say there has been an uptick in interest in firearms since November among those who fear that racial and gender-based violence could increase during Donald Trump’s presidency.

The slowdown in gun purchases, which came at the end of a record sales year, is due in part to promises that Trump and the Republican Congress made to expand gun rights. Firearms enthusiasts and salesmen said Trump’s victory removed the sense of urgency to buy that some felt under President Barack Obama, who tried to ban the sale of assault-style weapons.

No surprise to us, but The Washington ComPost is finally figuring this out now ???

Philip Smith, president of the National African American Gun Association, said his group has seen a recent surge that appears to be driven by fear that the nation’s divisive politics could spiral into violence.

“Trump is some of that reason, and rhetoric from other groups that have been on the fringe,” Smith said. “It’s like being racist is cool now.”

National African American Gun Association ???

But it would be considered highly racist if there were to be a National Anglo-Saxon American Gun Association

You know you are close to having enough ammo when the shelf in the ammo safe collapses. True story.

Not so much a panic but more of a "I have the money right now" thing.
I stocked up on reloading supplies.
Oh and socks I bought a lot of socks...
Them things ain't cheap and good ones are tuff to find.

Last edited:
Lets see in the last 6 months....

Ammo and lots of it.
AR parts
Ruger American Compact
Beretta 92A1
M1 Garand receiver, barrel, and beat up stock (project gun)
A 24 gun safe my fiance got me for my birthday and some LED lighting kits and parts to light the inside

Next on my list is a Ruger American .223 bolt action and a pocket pistol (undecided). Eventually when I get my shed built and make more room in the basement I will get into reloading.

Lets see in the last 6 months....

Ammo and lots of it.
AR parts
Ruger American Compact
Beretta 92A1
M1 Garand receiver, barrel, and beat up stock (project gun)
A 24 gun safe my fiance got me for my birthday and some LED lighting kits and parts to light the inside .

Was all that due to the "possibility of Hillary being POTUS" ? ( or the Mass720Ban ) = panic.

I made sure to sell off all my high capacity Glock 33 round mags a month before the election (for about what I paid for them a couple years earlier) because by God's grace I knew Trump was going to win.

I will continue to purchase at my current level or more because I do not trust Baker, Healey or any of the pols here in MA
This right here. Massachusetts is not America. We have our own sick version of "Hitlery" to deal with... and Baker (a.k.a., "Tall Deval") is the weakest and most useless Republican on the planet. [angry] He's just another leftist DimocRAT by any objective measure. [angry]

My spending was supposed to drop by half this year regardless of who won the election, but Dimples the Tyrant has motivated me to keep it up at the same pre-election pace... so no drop at all for me. [thinking]

I have to say my buying hasn't change much. If I see something at a good price I buy it or pass. The only thing that feels different is the concern of the unknown as to if Clinton is elected and what she will do. The panic feeling is gone as far as I am concerned.

I'm relatively new to shooting. I don't call what I'm doing panic buying. I'm doing catch up buying. Like anything with me though I only buy what I can afford:) Luckily my wife is on board even though she doesn't shoot.

Back
Top Bottom