BCM Gunfighter Comp

Hi Guys,

I did do a search, but couldn't find anything either here or in the legal section.

Is anyone using the BCM Comp on their AR?

I'm referring to this one:

BCMGUNFIGHTER Compensator MOD 1 - 5.56

Is it "legal" in MA?? I'm hoping it's akin to the PWS FSC556 comp in that it reduces flash, however, is not considered a "hider."

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I did do a search, but couldn't find anything either here or in the legal section.

Is anyone using the BCM Comp on their AR?

I'm referring to this one:

Is it "legal" in MA?? I'm hoping it's akin to the PWS FSC556 comp in that it reduces flash, however, is not considered a "hider."

Thanks!

MA doesn't test or certify compensators like the feds did during the federal ban. Basically you have to guess.

MA doesn't test or certify compensators like the feds did during the federal ban. Basically you have to guess.

Sweet, legal roulette...

It's called a comp, so I'm inclined to go along with that...but who knows. All it takes is one twit with a hardon for that sort of thing to jam me up for it.

You might be able to see if the manf has an ATF report on the comp. I know the FSC556 does, and it states that it isn't a flash hider.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

You might be able to see if the manf has an ATF report on the comp. I know the FSC556 does, and it states that it isn't a flash hider.

I tried, and was told it's my responsibility to know the laws in my state. I don't think BCM has an official report like PWS, so they have to cover their butts.

I tried, and was told it's my responsibility to know the laws in my state. I don't think BCM has an official report like PWS, so they have to cover their butts.

The BCM comp didn't exist back when the feds were testing (BCM may not have existed,) and there is no "official" agency that can test comps for compliance with the MA law. Technically not even the old ATF tests are binding in MA. Basically you have to roll the dice.

The BCM comp didn't exist back when the feds were testing (BCM may not have existed,) and there is no "official" agency that can test comps for compliance with the MA law. Technically not even the old ATF tests are binding in MA. Basically you have to roll the dice.

Thanks for the info Jason...very helpful!!

go for it. a friend has one and it's badass.

We'll see. I had originally purchased the PRI break from BCM, but I ended up returning it for a credit. I have a PWS on my current rifle, and decided to get another one for my next build, but they went OOS between the time I returned the PRI and the time they issued the credit...which lead me to the BCM comp.

you can also consider a battlecomp--are you meetng me at NLRG for your TT carrier pickup? if so i can bring my 20" AR and if you feed it you can test it out with the battlecomp.

Read the descriptions for each... Notice how FSC talks about a property that it states it is certified as not doing? Notice BCs description? Just how it should be....
FSC 556
BattleComp 1.5 Black Oxide [BC1.5BX] - $155.00 : Battlecomp, worldclass tactical compensators

The BCM appears to have a very pronounced radial burst pattern like the FSC556. I wouldn't call any of these a flash hider, as they are all very pronounced vs A2 and many other dedicated FH out there. Anyway, I own all 3... [smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
you can also consider a battlecomp--are you meetng me at NLRG for your TT carrier pickup? if so i can bring my 20" AR and if you feed it you can test it out with the battlecomp.

I was one of the 1st to pick up my TT Carrier from you...but thanks for the offer. I did consider the battlecomp, but I didn't want to drop that kind of dough on one. I may have to hit you up for a range trip once I complete my next build though! I'll let you shoot mine if I can shoot yours.

The BCM appears to have a very pronounced radial burst pattern like the FSC556. I wouldn't call any of these a flash hider, as they are all very pronounced vs A2 and many other dedicated FH out there. Anyway, I own all 3... [smile]

Which do you prefer? Just curious.

I like the FSC556, and if it had been in stock I would have bought it again.

Last edited:
The KEY WORD from the BCM Website "This Compensator was not designed as a gamers comp. It was designed for tactical applications to reduce muzzle rise, flash signature, noise, and lateral pressure"

Even though is clearly a Comp, BCM unintentionally implicates you with the wording as also reducing flash signature.

There are better options out there for less.

The KEY WORD from the BCM Website "This Compensator was not designed as a gamers comp. It was designed for tactical applications to reduce muzzle rise, flash signature, noise, and lateral pressure"

Even though is clearly a Comp, BCM unintentionally implicates you with the wording as also reducing flash signature.

Did you read the description of the PWS FSC556? What pray tell is the difference other than the BATFE letter? What makes you think MA would believe the letter over the PWS description?

Which do you prefer? Just curious. I ended up getting the BCM since it was cheaper than the battlecomp, and available.

I like the FSC556, and if it had been in stock I would have bought it again.

I think the FSC556 is a concussive thumper! Granted, that is on an MSAR and close in, so it is hard to gauge. The others I have yet to fire as they are in build status and much pinning is needed, but thankfully coming soon so that I may in fact comment. Most of my experiences otherwise is with A2 and Smith Vortex... both of which I really like, ah well.

Such as? I've only ever used what's issued (A2) and the FSC...I'm always open to suggestions. Having said that, there are some availability issues as well, and I'm sort of pigeon holed to BCM since I have a credit to use.

Last edited:
I'm kinda of partial to the Troy claymore brake. Holes point forward not to the sides. I have a Levang linear comp (similar to the troy) on my MSAR and it is awesome as you are pretty close to the brake when it goes boom.

Such as? I've only ever used what's issued (A2) and the FSC...I'm always open to suggestions. Having said that, there are some availability issues as well, and I'm sort of pigeon holed to BCM since I have a credit to use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm kinda of partial to the Troy claymore brake. Holes point forward not to the sides. I have a Levang linear comp (similar to the troy) on my MSAR and it is awesome as you are pretty close to the brake when it goes boom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I had a claymore on my ACR and i thought the only thing it was good for was increasing muzzle flash. As far helping muzzle rise or recoil or anything it didn't do a damn thing. I now have a spikes comp and it definitely helps muzzle rise much better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom