BCM Charging handles Large or Medium????

Mod 3 is Lg
Mod 4 is Med
Mod 5 is Small

OK, so I have a large. I don't think it sticks out too far, but this rifle is not a carbine that I am carrying on a single point sling. It is a 20" heavy barrel with a 12x scope and a bipod, so the handle sticking out wouldn't bother me.

I'll try to shoot a picture of the handle in comparison to the scope.

Last edited:
This is a .308, but here are pics of my mod 4 (medium). I think it's a great size. The only reason I can think of (but I'm a noob, so that's not saying much) to go with the large is if you have a scope that juts out on top of the charging handle. Someone recently posted about that issue, and a charging handle that sticks way out to the side would probably help with that.
Anywho, hope this helps your decision-making:
IMG_4042_zps305ec03c.jpg

IMG_4040_zpsda7c6a7e.jpg

IMG_4038_zpsac10ff6f.jpg

IMG_4036_zpsbdfb4d0d.jpg

IMG_4035_zps5fc67766.jpg

Here are some photos. The lighting in my bedroom sucks.

It doesn't stick out any further than the turrets on my scope. Without the scope, I'd probably go with the medium as well.

All my ARs have a medium. A large handle would poke you in the chest pretty hard while walking afield if you sling it in a front carry. [wink]

Medium on all my AR's, except for the scoped ones.

Last edited:
My 2 cents: without scope- medium; with scope- large. I find the medium a little short under a scope, but perfect with iron sights or smaller profile optics. YRMV...

Back
Top Bottom