• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BBQ Colt Commander

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
rIb8iNl.jpg

James S. wanted a BBQ Colt Commander that he and his wife could be proud of. He send me a 70's vintage Commander in blue which need a bit of correcting and modifications. The build has a retro Harrison rear sight and Yost gold line tenon front sight up front. Serrations front and back with a Chen Max Bevel MSH. A Derr Precision bobbed grip safety with no bump. The internals are all E2 barstock. The original Colt barrel was refit and an EGW bushing added. James has commissioned engraved ivory grips with he and his wife's initials on them which are not pictured. Theses are mammoth by Scott Kolar. The finish is brushed hard chrome with nitre blue accents by my son Nick. I guess it will stand out at family gatherings or on the range.

5IfCO0Q.jpg

ua9NcGU.jpg

bbinrGQ.jpg

Xcm9cwt.jpg

I was just looking at the photos (drooling over ) when it dawned on that the gun is so perfect, that the pictures almost look like animation. Like real high quality, expensive CGI. Stunning.
Did you test fire the pistol? How does she shoot?
If that was my EDC, I would train with it until I shot the barrel out

I’d be fraud of getting sticky BBQ sauce finger prints on it
I hear you, but for me, it would be a shame to hide that pistol away in a dark safe. I would never take it off and probably wear that gun to bed. Yeah it would get dirty and lint covered, but I would enjoy cleaning it!

Greg, she is beautiful... and I would not hesitate to take her to the range. (Would only carry when in my Tux though...) Yes I own a Tux... [rofl]

Very nice to have you in our area and as a Contributing Member of our Community.
~Enbloc

Back
Top Bottom