• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BB gun or Air Rifle plinking in back yard

Very few Clubs are so "judgy" that they'd say "no" to someone that wanted to shoot airguns. Whether a Club required NRA/GOAL membership, you should still join.
The only club restrictions that I've seen is wrt BBs (probably Airsoft too, same reason), as the damn things are hazardous underfoot. Never say/heard of any issues wrt pellets.

I’m plinking with Hatsan edge with open sights. Still deciding on the scope, might go with either UTG or Hammers. Will appreciate your inputs on the scope that will hold up to the spring action

I have a UTG BugBuster 3-9x32. It’s $72 on Amazon right now. UTG rings are like $10. Well made for the price and can handle the air gun recoil. Also has dual illuminated (red or green) reticle if you’re into that sort of thing. Clear glass. Quick adjust turrets are great and can be reset after the rifle is zeroed.

I saw a few guys at the range shooting pellet rifles last time I was there. They were sighting in their guns for varmint hunting. One of them said he had a squirrel problem at his property, and the other just inherited grandpa's antique pellet rifle and wanted to test it. seems perfectly fine to me. Why not shoot pellets at the range if you want?

Talked to Andover Police, shooting airguns in backyard is LEGAL, as long as you don't damage neighber's property and no noise complaint.
Just make sure you have orange tips on your airguns.
So would it be LEGAL in my town to shoot airguns in my backyard without asking the Milford Police? All of mine have the orange tip.

I have a small BB/pellet gun range set up in my back yard. It is a board on a couple posts, and I line up all sorts of assorted cans on it, some in pyramids. Take turns shooting at them, and the loser has to set up again. We vary the distances for fun.

Back
Top Bottom