• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bayonet spotted inside car by Boston police leads to gun arrest

Reptile

NES Member
As police in Boston stopped a car for a stolen license plate, they spotted a large bayonet on the floor of the backseat, authorities said.

The stop ended with one man under arrest on a gun charge.

Officers on patrol around 9:50 p.m. Saturday in the area of Blue Hill Avenue and Livingston Street spotted a car with a stolen license plate.

Police stopped the car.

“As officers made contact with the motor vehicle, they observed a large bayonet on the floor of the backseat,” police said.

The driver, identified as 40-year-old Carolena Shephard, and her passenger, identified as 36-year-old Corey Hinds, were both removed from the car.

“Officers performed a pat frisk of Mr. Hinds and immediately felt a hard object that officers believed to be a firearm,” police said. “Officers recovered a loaded Jennings Firearm .22 caliber long rifle with six rounds in the magazine.”

Hinds was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition. The bayonet was recovered and removed from the vehicle.

Shepard was arrested after police found that her license had been suspended. She had a default warrant out of Brighton District Court as well, police said.

A Jennings with a bayonet mount is extra killy.

No charge for violating Boston's knife ordinance? Or is that only for stealing knives from contractors visiting City Hall to pay for permits?

meh all the way around. POS people not taking care of their suspended license and whatever is going on with the plate, POS laws, and POS cops enforcing said laws.

Another misleading headline from reptile, stopped and arrested for a stolen plate, gun found when the frisked him.

Stolen plate/car
They are tossing that car weather or not they see anything? I really don't know what the bayonet has to do with it? Could have been a double ended D do in the back, same result.

Stolen plate/car
They are tossing that car weather or not they see anything? I really don't know what the bayonet has to do with it? Could have been a double ended D do in the back, same result.
My point exactly, and the gun wasn't in the car, it was on his person. They found it when they cuffed and frisked him. The bayonet had nothing to do with it. Reptile BS.

Wait, are bayonets illegal in Mass(IBTEIIIM)? And that would warrant a search?

Bayonets are not "per se" illegal in all of Massachusetts, but it's a non-criminal violation to have in the passenger compartment of a vehicle in Boston:

The police will argue that the presence of one in clear view raises a reasonable suspicion that the driver was armed and dangerous. That in turn would justify a "stop and frisk." So I would expect an illegal search argument to lose in court.

I own a 1907 Wilkinson Bayonet, but I don't have an Enfield (or anything else) on which to mount it.

Bayonets are scary. I was at the Lexington Green one April morning, and when the King's soldiers, with fixed bayonets, advanced on the uppity punks (my ancestors were Loyalists....it's a confusing time for me.....) it was scary.

Reminds me of a pic from a few years back: one of the "prizes" on a Worcester gun "buy-back" that the MD that instigated it posed with, was an Arisaka, with bayo. Thank G-d that was removed from the streets. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom