• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BAYONET ID

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
Picked up a bayonet last night at an auction . I thought it might be for a mauser or some type of french rifle any bayonet experts out there that can help?

Attachments

• DSCN1302.jpg
    DSCN1302.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN1303.jpg
    DSCN1303.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Its not of much help, but looking around online, the way the loop for the barrel is made (with the screw at the top) looks uniquely French from what I'm seeing.

It looks like it was never used and only dropped once. It must be French. [grin]

The hook on the end of it must be where they latch the white flag onto their weapon... yup definitely French...

The closest I can find is for the Austro-Hungarian M1895 carbine. This is on page 9 of "Bayonets From Jantzen's Notebook" (2002). I'm not 100% sure of this. Any markings and a photo of the right side of the grip and pommel will help.
Charlie

def looks like a gew88 bayonet...it looks just like me turkish k98 bayonet with out the finger loop. but i cant be sure with out markings

Too killy looking to be French. [smile]

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

Back
Top Bottom