Bay Colony Weapons Collectors, Inc

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
For those that are interested in C&Rs and/or antique weapons, there is a group called Bay Colony Weapons Collectors, Inc. (BCWC) that meets at Braintree R&P (where else? :D ) on the FOURTH Monday of each month (even if it is a holiday) at 7PM. See www.brp.org for directions to the clubhouse (held at the "new" clubhouse, just to the left behind the "old" clubhouse). We're always out of there by 8PM at the latest. Dues are $25/year ($15 for seniors) with a $20 initiation fee for new members.

Each meeting (which lasts ~5 minutes/on average) is preceded by a swap meet by members, where each of us sets up a table (free) to sell off our surplus C&R/antique stuff (and sometimes a few things that are unrelated). To give you some ideas: Someone sold a 1911 frame (it was marked "Gunsite") at a recent meeting, some Civil War relics (other than Don Kusser, who is an original [twisted] ), some German Lugers (be careful here, some of us suspect that some might have been refinished as the color looked too perfect and not the same as WWII production), etc. Rules are that you must be a member of BCWC to purchase any of the guns.

Anyone is welcome to stop by and check BCWC out.

LenS said:
Anyone is welcome to stop by and check BCWC out.

Interesting Len!

My Webmaster JohnO' has a C&R and just moved to a house in Sharon.
He works in Weymouth and that would be easy to get too!

I will let him know!!
bounce.gif

looking for milsurp

I'm going to be back in Mass visiting family in Dec. I'll be in the area of Fitchburg/Leominster.
Can anyone tell me of any place that sells (historical, like WWI, WWII, Korean War, etc.) milsurp...all I can find on the internet is the typical Army Surplus junk stores!! It seems like a lot of original war milsurp comes from the east coast and I wanted to tap into that supply while back east!! Things like Garand ammo belts, musette bags, WWII web gear, etc.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
looking for milsurp

I guess I should mention...
I'll be in the area of Fitchburg/Leominster.

Last edited:
I don't know of any shop in Central MA that has a lot of milsurp accessories.
Your best bet is to go to a gun show or three.

-Mike

I don't know of any shop in Central MA that has a lot of milsurp accessories.
Your best bet is to go to a gun show or three.

-Mike

Mike,

Isn't there someplace up that way (Lancaster maybe) called "Postal" something-or-other that is a dedicated milsurp place. I seem to recall something about it a few years ago, in back of some other business? They advertised (full page) in SGN or GL IIRC.

That's way outside my circle of travel, so that's all that I can remember.

Mike,

Isn't there someplace up that way (Lancaster maybe) called "Postal" something-or-other that is a dedicated milsurp place. I seem to recall something about it a few years ago, in back of some other business? They advertised (full page) in SGN or GL IIRC.

That's way outside my circle of travel, so that's all that I can remember.

Len, now that I'm thinking of it... you're right... I don't know where the heck it is... but someone told me about it a long time ago, but I never had a chance to hunt it down. I think it's in Lancaster.

-Mike

thanks for info

I got lucky and will be in MA for the gunshow in Springfield Dec. 13-14. I will look into the place in Lancaster? too. I'll check SGN for the possible add...thanks for the info guys!!

Mike in Idaho

So, I checked out the thread for the info on Pack and Postal...
Sounds like it's worth checking out, but since I have no idea about MA gunlaws, what should I know coming from a state (Idaho) where I go to gunshows and buy whatever I want. I'm not looking to buy any modern semi-automatics to take back, just old milsurps. I was told I could throw a rifle into a locking guncase and check it on an airplane like checked baggage. There was a comment on the thread that mentioned it is worth going to Pack and Postal if you have a C&R. Do you need a C&R to buy relic or old milsurp firearms in MA or NH?

I am not 100% with the rules, but I think yes other than guns. The BCWC rules I think say that guns should only be sold to other BCWC members. Not certain however and I'm planning on dropping out of the org this year as I only average 1 meeting/year and just don't have the level of interest to bother going the other months.

I will try to check them out soon, I just received my C&R would not mind stimulating the local economy

Is that group still active?

I have no idea. I dropped out ~3 years ago. Give Atty. Karen MacNutt a call in her office and ask her. She was the "glue" that kept the org going and she was the BCWC president the last that I knew.

Office: 781-963-6337

You can tell her that I suggested that you call her.

Len I didn't know you were part of Bay Colony, you must know my cousin Ronnie from Belmont, although he left them sometime ago.

I rarely went to meetings so I finally dropped out ~3 years ago. I'm terrible with names but only knew a few people there by name. Sorry, I don't recall who he might be, although I might recognize him on sight.

Len I didn't know you were part of Bay Colony, you must know my cousin Ronnie from Belmont, although he left them sometime ago.

I rarely went to meetings so I finally dropped out ~3 years ago. I'm terrible with names but only knew a few people there by name. Sorry, I don't recall who he might be, although I might recognize him on sight.

Ronnie Headshot.jpeg

That's him in the 1970's.

He was member since the 1960's and the Secretary or Treasurer of Bay Colony at one time for well
over a decade. Ronnie passed last November, he was a member of Woburn Sportsman's Club too.

Here's the reason I resurrect this thread. The Armory Consignment Collection

Sorry for your loss!

No I didn't know him. I was only a member for ~3 years and quit in 2008. They really weren't holding any meetings any more, just grab a table and put the same old stuff on it each month then go home. That's a large reason why I quit. It wasn't worth my time to travel to the club for this each month.

That certainly looks like a very nice collection. I checked their website but they don't price anything at all and I'm not about to drive up there for mere curiosity.

Len

View attachment 115122

He was member since the 1960's and the Secretary or Treasurer of Bay Colony at one time for well
over a decade. Ronnie passed last November, he was a member of Woburn Sportsman's Club too.

Sorry for your loss!

No I didn't know him. I was only a member for ~3 years and quit in 2008. They really weren't holding any meetings any more, just grab a table and put the same old stuff on it each month then go home. That's a large reason why I quit. It wasn't worth my time to travel to the club for this each month.

That certainly looks like a very nice collection. I checked their website but they don't price anything at all and I'm not about to drive up there for mere curiosity.

Len

Soon Len, could be as early as next week. I was there this evening working out how we're going to do this. Nice to meet jpm.

Soon Len, could be as early as next week. I was there this evening working out how we're going to do this. Nice to meet jpm.

Nice to meet you as well, and what a collection! I'm still in awe and I saw only a fraction.

BTW what was the make/model of that breech loading percussion rifle again? That was the coolest thing I've seen in a very long time.

View attachment 115122

Sorry for your loss.

I was blown away by that collection! I'd love one of those carbines but I'd have to imagine they'll be fetching a high price as they're in mint condition. I might stop by the shop this weekend just to look at the guns.

Nice to meet you as well, and what a collection! I'm still in awe and I saw only a fraction.

BTW what was the make/model of that breech loading percussion rifle again? That was the coolest thing I've seen in a very long time.

JH Hall 1838.
I believe this gun, Shilohrelics.com, is the same
except it's been converted to a percussion cap.
Personally, I like Ronnie's flintlock .

JH Hall 1.jpg

JH Hall 2.jpg

JH Hall 3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom