Battlefield 3

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The server was a zoo tonight. I did a team scramble because they were insanely lopsided skill wise, had like 10 people loose it in chat and had to throw a bunch of drama queens out. Man, people are loud mouthed.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The server was a zoo tonight. I did a team scramble because they were insanely lopsided skill wise, had like 10 people loose it in chat and had to throw a bunch of drama queens out. Man, people are loud mouthed.
I watched that. You are way more patient than me. I would have been banning left and right.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I watched that. You are way more patient than me. I would have been banning left and right.
I really try to give people a fair chance. As you saw, several of them were only interested in trouble after i ruined their gang bang of a round.

That round was awful. The round starts, 2 mins later RU has all the caps and is camping A so no US person can even get out of the spawn. Um, not fun? I wouldnt even want that win under my belt, its boring.

That type of round is what kills servers late at night. When you start getting lop sided teams, one team will quit, and then the server will empty out. it literally shuts servers down for the night. While I'm on it, I'm going to do my best to keep it balanced, thats for sure.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
On a side note, not BF3 related.

Looks like Bioware is redoing Command and Conqueror using the Frostbite 2 engine (Yes, the engine from BF3). Though it's not a FPS, it's a RTS, should prove interesting.
The FPS they had out years ago was with C&C and a ton of fun.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On a side note, not BF3 related.

Looks like Bioware is redoing Command and Conqueror using the Frostbite 2 engine (Yes, the engine from BF3). Though it's not a FPS, it's a RTS, should prove interesting.
Man, that was my favorite RTS series. Can't wait to see the new one.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Back to Karkand is out Tuesday I've been told. I'm not 100% sure, but thats what people keep telling me. The server will go into B2K rotation only for 1-2 weeks, with 2 rounds each of 64 player conquest.

The server was slammed this weekend, being full almost 100% of the time. I'm sure that it will be pretty easy to fill up this week also.

Clan looks good. 43ish people in it now, with about 15-20 active people who are on most of the week. Team speak has about 10-12 active people on it. Skald is starting up the SWToR section on the 20th, so that should effectivly double the clan in size in a few months, I suspect.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Anyone else worried that this is the second (I think) discount round for BF3? Seems real early to keep discounting.
The game got miserable reviews this week in PC Gamer. An "80" is not what you want to see in a monster of a game like a Battlefield. BF3 is still a seriously flawed game at its foundation, and I think the writing is on the wall when it comes down to the community's assumption of no real fixes to solve the root problems.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pre-order sales, cash in, discount game into oblivion, start hype for "Game n+1" - repeat.
I'm having a lot of fun playing BF3, but it's not much of a battlefield game and I highly doubt I'll be duped again by EA/DICE. Already bored with a lot of the maps and miss true scale BF maps so maybe B2K will revive the game a bit. Unless they are the BF2 maps with all the capture points 300m from eachother surrounded by a wasteland only jets can use to turn around in.
Either way, good to see the server rockin again and more often than not finding a bunch of people in TS when you hop in.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Pre-order sales, cash in, discount game into oblivion, start hype for "Game n+1" - repeat.
I'm having a lot of fun playing BF3, but it's not much of a battlefield game and I highly doubt I'll be duped again by EA/DICE. Already bored with a lot of the maps and miss true scale BF maps so maybe B2K will revive the game a bit. Unless they are the BF2 maps with all the capture points 300m from eachother surrounded by a wasteland only jets can use to turn around in.
Either way, good to see the server rockin again and more often than not finding a bunch of people in TS when you hop in.

I saw a comment on the DICE forums that I thought was great. It was along the lines of "this game was made by the Marketing team and not the .dev team."

BF3 is trying to hard to be CoD.

Jsfitzgerald85

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would assume anyone using the B2K expansion will be able to use them as long as the server is running the B2K pack.
oh ok, i am loving this game and now the new map pack, oh yeah and this game does have flaws still, but look at mw3 that game is just one big mistake and people love that game

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you pre-ordered and got the limited edition the expansion pack is included.
When you updated last week, was it a 2gb or 4gb download?

Top Bottom