Battle Belts

I'm looking to buy a battle belt and figured I'd come here first for pointers. What are you guys using? I don't want to buy into the wrong system.

For what purpose? Maybe a little more detail on what kind of load out you are thinking.

In general I've had good luck with HSGI belts. I like the slim version but pouches are a little more flimsy with only two rows of molly.

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm looking to start training this spring. So it'd be for training/judgment day... AR15/g19 are my main weapons. I'm 6'2 with a 34" waist.

What are you planning to put on your belt vs what will you carry on your chest?

Belts are set up differently depending on what you intend to carry and the space limitations of where you can put it all.

HSGI full size padded with a riggers belt.

There are a lot of factors. First is your waist size because if you're smaller it will limit what fits on the belt.
First time being a fat bastard helps out. Couple pistol mags, three AI mags, IFAK, holster, dump pouch. Two more scorpion mag carries. Adjustable tension, won't squish my snickers bar or twinkies. If I get a little fatter, I can throw my rangefinder on there too.

I have a blue alpha belt

3 pistol mags, 2 AR mag (1 horizontal 1 vertical), IFAK, holster, dump pouch. 32in belt, which is a little big on me

Pic without the IFAK, that is between the holster and back mag pouch now

SmartSelect_20210207-091747_Gallery.jpg

I second the drawbacks of the belts with only two rows of PALS webbing on them such as the HSGI Slimgrip belt. While it is doable with alternative mounts, most pouches and holsters are set to be attached or woven into three rows of PALS webbing.

Way back when I started looking at belts trying to determine the best size was the trickiest part for me, each company has different lengths and you need to figure out where the belt will center on your body.

I'm a 33'' waist, so if I recall that is a medium HSGI full size belt. The tips of the belt are just slightly apart which gives me a lot of real estate, two single pistol and two rifle mags; without having to reach too far back. I also believe the slim medium is a bit shorter in length.

Mounting your pistol on the full size HSGI is a pain. The riggers belt is inside so you will need a way to drop it down for your pistol. The Safariland mid-ride ubl should get it low enough. I would also suggest using the Safariland QLS. Swapping pistols is so easy.

The warrior poet society has a little advice as well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQIi3SsdT-Y

FEXxcwt.jpg

The Ronin/Lead Devil/Snake Eater style belts are the way to go, loop backed regular belt, hook backed molle belt. They stay put and dont shift like many of the other brokos style belts. I dont remember how i weaved my 2 row molle stuff, but its a non issue once its on. Ive had this belt for at least 5 years of use both in classes and military now and its still as good as new.

Surprised no one has piped up in favor of the 5.11 vtac brokos belt. I use it with vtac suspenders since I don’t currently have plans to rock a plate carrier of any kind. It’s awesome!

Surprised no one has piped up in favor of the 5.11 vtac brokos belt. I use it with vtac suspenders since I don’t currently have plans to rock a plate carrier of any kind. It’s awesome!
Hard pass. The Brokos is like my American Eagle belt. It moves around too much compared to the HGSI which has neoprene backing.

Mine is old... it’s a tac tailor. 2 pistol mags, three AR mags (1 double decker taco, 1 pistol/rifle taco, 1 pistol taco), tall boy IFAK, drop leg G-Code platform, CRKT dragon claw knife, 3V dump pouch. Tac tailor H harness, T-mech rigger belt.

Did you end up keeping that magazine in the back?
Yeah still have it there. I want to find one without a plastic insert I think, would let me pull the mag out and have it be completely soft if needed.

I've been debating completely redoing the entire set up too

Yeah still have it there. I want to find one without a plastic insert I think, would let me pull the mag out and have it be completely soft if needed.

I've been debating completely redoing the entire set up too

Might be able to use some velcro wrap on it to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom