Bathroom Cam used to catch Chess Grand Master cheating

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Chess Grand Master Igors Rausis allegedly caught cheating by Bathroom Cam

In France everything goes including putting cameras in bathrooms.

A Latvian-Czech chess phenom whose legitimacy has long been questioned was allegedly caught cheating inside a bathroom during a tournament in France this week.

Grandmaster Igors Rausis, 58, was suspended from the Strasbourg Open after a photo emerged showing him sitting on a toilet looking at a phone during a break in play.

"I simply lost my mind yesterday," Rausis told Chess.com. "I confirmed the fact of using my phone during the game.

Rausis has long been suspected of cheating in competition play. He stunned the chess world by racking up victories and progressing from regular grandmaster to "super" grandmaster in a six-year span.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I don’t know if this is what happened here, but chess tournament play between GMs is often HEAVILY negotiated down to the choice of chair type, the lighting levels, and the room temp. And? Which bathrooms can be used, sometimes even which specific stalls. If this Rausis had been suspected of cheating in the past, I’m not surprised if his opponent stipulated cameras in the bathroom.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'd think the crapper-cam was part of the tournament.

But...then why did this dude not know that?

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know nothing about chess, but how can you cheat using your phone? Jack.
I had the exact same thought. But then I said to myself, I am not a Chess Grand Master so I know not what a Chess Grand Master cheat sheet would be.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They use chess engines to analyze lines (set of moves) based on the current position on the board or expected position.

At the super GM level it often comes down to who has the better preparation, meaning they’ve looked at and remembered the best moves at a deeper level then their opponent. These guys have such an incredible memory it’s ridiuclous. Obviously this guy isn’t as good and has to cheat.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The current highest ranked woman in the world is only ranked 90th.

The highest ranked woman ever was Judit Polgár, who’s peak ranking was 8th, back in 2005.

It’s still very much a game dominated by men.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Dude was probably fapping to those Rapinoe pics and decided he’d rather confess to cheating than admit it.

Top Bottom