• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BATFE Top 10 Handguns

That made no sense, it was a mixture of manufacturers overall numbers and a couple of specific guns. Not at all what the headline implies which would be the actual top 10 handgun models. Fail!

That made no sense, it was a mixture of manufacturers overall numbers and a couple of specific guns. Not at all what the headline implies which would be the actual top 10 handgun models. Fail!

This list is a joke.

No. 10: Glock. The Austria-based company made 23,752 handguns at its Georgia plant in 2011.

OK, so they made 23,752 in Georgia, but how many more were imported from Austria ?????

No. 2 Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum revolver.

Yeah right, so nearly every gun owner must have a Model 29 in their collection. [rolleyes]

So is this list something I need to try and fulfill? Im a bit behind since none of mine are on there. They must not be cool enough for actors I guess. Well at least they go boom :)

Sent from the blind

I question the authenticity of this article.

What gave away the quality of their research? To me, it was listing Matthew Fox as having played Alex Cross when he actually played the serial killer. I didn't even see the stupid movie and I picked up on that, so I have to question how deep they looked considering they couldn't even get their pop culture references right.

Yea... I seriously don't know what they were smoking... I believe S&W in general is #2 in production this year, that makes sense, but to say that they are #2 overall based only on the M29? I don't think so.

This list is absolutely baffling.

'The Top 10 Guns Most Likely To Be Owned By People Who Wear Mustard-Stained Wife-Beaters In Public'

Last edited:
No wonder 9mm is more expensive than years past and elusive - Ruger made over 300k of 9mm pistols

What gave away the quality of their research? To me, it was listing Matthew Fox as having played Alex Cross when he actually played the serial killer. I didn't even see the stupid movie and I picked up on that, so I have to question how deep they looked considering they couldn't even get their pop culture references right.

That as a bit of an 'F' up. Do they not remember Kiss the Girls or Along Came a Spider?

It should have been Top 10 Domestic Handgun Manufacturers... the stats are domestic hangun manufacturing numbers submitted to the government, not specific models.

I'm still pretty baffled that hi-point has sold that many pistols. Either those are shipped overseas or their main retailers are the backs of vans in Chicago and Detroit.

It should have been Top 10 Domestic Handgun Manufacturers... the stats are domestic hangun manufacturing numbers submitted to the government, not specific models.

This.

I don't understand all the fuss or confusion.

The BATF publishes a report of each and every firearms manufacturers domestic production numbers.

The make, model, movie connection is only there for the great unwashed masses to relate to.

The individual models aren't what's being ranked in that article... it's just the manufacturer.

Ruger #1 in volume, S&W #2 in volume, Sig #3 in volume, Glock #10 in volume for domestic manufactured handguns. The author and editor should find a new line of work as it the headline and article aren't very clear, but this isn't Mandarin Chinese either...

Back
Top Bottom