• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BassPro Shops Violating Brady Handgun Violence Protection Act - 18 U.S.C. § 922(t)(1)

The only time you should shop at Bass pro is when someone gives you a BP gift card .

I have a bps credit card so I get 1% on everything I have to buy anyway. I keep it paid off so there is no interest to offset the cost. I build up quite a bit over half a year... Though I do try to not buy anything that a LGS carries...

If you're not really into our gun culture, it's not easy nor comofortable to shop at a "gun store"; the unwelcoming attitude of many owners plus the near universal lack of clearly posted prices don't make it any easier. Prior to moving to NH, I bought nearly all my ammunition at a local chain (eventually taken over by Sports Authority), just to avoid interacting with the surly staff at "the gun store" even though my LGS was within walking distance of home.

This, its another case of gun owners being their own worst enemy. Many women, minorities, liberals are flat out scared to go into a "gun shop" because they 'know' its a bunch of old fat white guys in there.... And some gun shops do nothing to help put people at ease when they go in (I can't count the number of people I've seen that look like they are ready to rabbit just from walking in the front door)

The most probable outcome is a lecture form the judge complimenting Bass Pro on such a socially responsible policy and denying your claim.

...and then a precedent will be set and the AG's office will start (as if it's not already happening) threatening all dealers who transfer after three days without waiting for the official nod from the NICS Nazis.[thinking]

...and then a precedent will be set and the AG's office will start (as if it's not already happening) threatening all dealers who transfer after three days without waiting for the official nod from the NICS Nazis.[thinking]

That's cute but the AG would never have access to that data at least not in an ad-hoc way.

-Mike

The way I understand the law, FFLs are ALLOWED to deliver a gun after 3 days with no NICS action has passed, not REQUIRED to do. Can anyone cite a passage that mandates the transfer be done even if the dealer chooses not to, or what law the dealer would be violating if (s)he refused the sale?

"If you do not receive a response from us, the Brady Law does not prohibit you from transferring the firearm after three business days." They word it carefully for this exact reason.

Back
Top Bottom