• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bass River USPSA Sunday 5/2/10

Six stages includes one classifier (the always exciting CM 03-11)

Total round count will be about 140

We will be setting up Sat afternoon at 2:30 pm if you can come help out, we would love to see you.

Shooters meeting at 9:30 am First shots fired at 10 am.

See you there

Tim
[email protected]

Fun Match today, hope the traffic was not too bad leaving. This should be the last month of bridge construction, so it will not be an issue again.

Scores will be a little slow as I have a couple family things to attend to.

Thank you for a great match Tim. You and the Bass gang do a great job. Looking forward to the multigun next month. See you then!

Thank you for a great match! It was fun inspite of that moving steel. And it was a great squad!

Unfortunately, it was a long, slow trip home but it was still a great day, all in all.

I had a good time too, I like the fast stages with the quick resets, moves everything along very quickly, we get to shoot a lot of rounds, and we get to shoot fast. I hate weak hand shooting though, because I suck.

I also have a question on behalf of a number of shooters, what's the deal with the fault line rules? Fault lines are supposed to be there so you can feel where you are, you're allowed to stand on them per the rule book, so why the procedurals when people do have part of their foot on them and not touching the ground on the outside of the area?
There should be no penalty here, yet it's being imposed.

10.2 Procedural Penalties – Specific Examples
10.2.1 A competitor who fires shots while any part of their body is touching the ground or while stepping on an object beyond a Shooting Box or a
Fault Line, or who gains support or stability through contact with an object which is wholly beyond and not attached to a Shooting Box or Fault Line, will receive one procedural penalty for each occurrence.

All references in the rules refer to stepping beyond the box or fault line in order for a penalty to be assessed, none should be for simply stepping on a fault line. So really, why the penalty? And can that just be eliminated for the future?

You are absolutely correct Matt. Same thing for boxes. "IN" means no part of your body touching the ground outside the box, "OUT" means no part of your body touching the ground within the box. One foot in and one foot out means you are faulting both positions.

As you know there are requirements for fault "lines" being a certain size... I forget- say 1/2" high. At most clubs I've shot at, since setting up proper fault lines is time consuming at club matches, they allow you to stand on caution tape or something similar. Unless you are clearly over the tape- you should be fine. I ask this a lot and those are the answers I've got.

3/4 of an inch.

2.2.1 Competitor movement may be restricted or controlled through the use
of physical barriers, Fault Lines, Shooting Boxes, or Off-Limits Lines.
2.2.1.1 Shooting Boxes and Fault Lines should be constructed of wooden
boards or other suitable material, must be fixed firmly in
place, and provide both physical and visual references to competitors.
For hard ground surfaces clear of debris, 0.75 inch
material is the minimum allowable size. On other range surfaces,
such as covered with turf, sand, gravel, wood chips or
similar, thicker material which rises at least 1.5 inches above the
surface is recommended.

Glad you guys had a good time.Some of that stuff was actually pretty fun to shoot, until my gun fell apart.The foot fault thing was brought up for some particular reason during the RO walkthru for one particular stage. I dunno, I was looking for my lost coffee while they were talking about it. Frankly..in my squad?you would have had to have been stepping on my foot to get called for a fault....

Last edited:
Which stage is in question? I thought all the fault lines where raised?

I think they were, from the description. (I wasn't there for this match) The issue as I understand it was giving procedural penalties when one was NOT touching the ground on the other side.
I'll have to get down to the river for a match some time. They were always fun.

Michael.

On stage 5 we were not allowed to step ON the fault line, which was a rectangle marked by wood on three sides about 12' X 5' in area. USPSA rules allow us to step on a fault line...as long as we do not contact the ground on the other side. There was a slight advantage to be able to "ride" the line as the targets that were being engaged required a competitor to lean out around a wall while remaining inside the shooting area.

The matches are indeed fun, and I have a great time every time I come down. Pretty cool knowing on almost every weekend in this area I can go shoot a USPSA match in at least one place...sometimes, one each day!

Back
Top Bottom