• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bass River June 6 Multi gun Match Details

Thanks for the info.

I agree about the too small tubes, consider them laid to rest.

Only three tries loading sounds pretty good... probably why you won!

The tubes were just right! Just because some folks can't hold their rifle in the proper postion......sheeesh.....

Tim, read this series http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107542
Some very good information can be found there. Those guys have been playing this game for a long time. Not only competing, but running matches too.

Last edited:
The tubes were just right! Just because some folks can't hold their rifle in the proper postion......sheeesh.....

while shooting a rifle with the brake on upside down. Between the dirt flying everywhere, the small tubes, a blurry scope and a gun that didn't run. Thinking about offset was the last thing on Rob's mind. I shot it down 2[smile]

Tim, read this series http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=107542
Some very good information can be found there. Those guys have been playing this game for a long time. Not only competing, but running matches too.

I was thinking they were a little too big actually. I was thinking to replace them with slightly longer/narrower and more consistent concrete tubes.

Thanks for the Benos thread. By the way, what was the name of the guy for the saiga work you mentioned. It takes my mind about as many times as Mike needs to load his shotgun

Tim,
On firearm abandoning, other matches have taken to using secured trash barrels to drop the long guns into. The muzzle is pointed down into the dirt, the safety is engaged, and they can be left loaded. Blue Ridge used pails for pistols. I've seen mention of small trash cans for pistols also. Of course anything MUST be secured, some competitors can be aggressive when going to the next gun.

I am so disappointed to have missed this match. With Danny in baseball, my May/early-June schedule got so messed up. (It's amazing the things we sacrifice trying to ensure that there is someone to support us when Social Security is bankrupt. Soon, he might trade the mitt for the Open gun.)

Back
Top Bottom