Bass River IPSC

Is Bass River running this Sun, 8/5? I'm in the mood for a quick dash across the canal and back before the tourist migration shuts everything down.

Is Bass River running this Sun, 8/5? I'm in the mood for a quick dash across the canal and back before the tourist migration shuts everything down.

I'll be making the trip as well, but I am expecting to sit in traffic on the way back. If I'm wrong, great!

I'll be making the trip as well, but I am expecting to sit in traffic on the way back. If I'm wrong, great!

Use Rt6A if 6 is backed up. You can parallel Rt6 through Sandwich and join up again with Rt6 at the Christmas Tree Shop at the bridge.

Use Rt6A if 6 is backed up. You can parallel Rt6 through Sandwich and join up again with Rt6 at the Christmas Tree Shop at the bridge.

Unfortunately that route is not much of a secret. When 6 is backed up, people will use exits 4,3,2 and overflow the secondary roads and 6A.

Its like the grocery store, pick a checkout line and wait. Except in this case its pick a road and wait in line to cross a bridge.

That reminds me, I should renew my Cape Cod tunnel pass and skip the bridges all together!

Just got back from helping setting up for tomorrow's IPSC match at Bass River. I can tell you a) Taffic is no joke. I've been traveling to and from the cape most of my life because my dad lives there. Today we left at about 9:30 and took us 3+ hours to get in the Bass River R&G vicinity, and that was going the 495/Bourne Bridge Route! b) Some really sweet stages have been set up for tomorrow's match. Bass River R&G is getting back on the map! I won't be there for the actual match, but my dad will be competing. Hoping for a big turn out!

Got myself quite a tan out there in the blazing sun getting it all perfect for you IPSC shooters out there. Enjoy!

Just got back from helping setting up for tomorrow's IPSC match at Bass River. I can tell you a) Taffic is no joke. I've been traveling to and from the cape most of my life because my dad lives there. Today we left at about 9:30 and took us 3+ hours to get in the Bass River R&G vicinity, and that was going the 495/Bourne Bridge Route! b) Some really sweet stages have been set up for tomorrow's match. Bass River R&G is getting back on the map! I won't be there for the actual match, but my dad will be competing. Hoping for a big turn out!

Got myself quite a tan out there in the blazing sun getting it all perfect for you IPSC shooters out there. Enjoy!

Did you get to shoot the stages once they were set up?

Did you get to shoot the stages once they were set up?

I didn't get to shoot it, becuase I'd stupidly shot all my rounds before setting up... zbomb (fellow NES member and my better half) shot the stage we set up for QC to make sure no shoot thru's, etc., and because he wouldn't be competing today.

You guys did a great job! Fun match and challenging. Although a little too muggy for me! Thanks to you, Tim, and the crew for all of your hard work. And actually, the traffic wasn't bad going back to the Sagamore Bridge. It slowed down a little about a mile before the bridge but never totally stopped. From there over to Buzzards Bay it was smooth sailing.

I will have the scores done tomorrow. Thank you to Mr and Mrs Zbomb for set up help. Great stage! Make sure you can shoot next time and remember we shoot steel every weds night along with an occational action stage for fun. Very glad to have you dad back in the fold

I will have the scores done tomorrow. Thank you to Mr and Mrs Zbomb for set up help. Great stage! Make sure you can shoot next time and remember we shoot steel every weds night along with an occational action stage for fun. Very glad to have you dad back in the fold

We were more than happy to help! It was exciting to be so involved, wish we could have been there for the match. We will definitely be down for a steel shoot (we live off-cape). See you soon!

Chuck is a shooting machine... he even seems to get better without practicing! Nice job Chuck.

Back
Top Bottom