Bass Pro Shop - Hooksett, NH (February 19th, 2014)

Tried some of taphouses specials last week; found a new hard cider that I am a fan of. Taphouse is GTG.

If they can literally drive more traffic to [thread=160960]Wicked Weaponry[/thread] and their neighbors in Hooksett, I'm all for Bass Pro's outrageous prices.

Yeah, they're gonna have to compete. There are a lot of gun shops around here, within 10-20 miles of Hooksett.

I've got to make it over to Wicked Weaponry. I drive by it a few times a week at off hours, though.

anything good?
Free to first 200 shoppers, purchase required.
24y36z4.jpg

Well the wife and I went in today- had time to kill. She had never been into a Bass Pro- the only one I had visited was the one in Maryland near BWI.

Slightly smaller than that store- but still huge. Reasonably laid out. Parking lot was jam packed, but you didn't notice it once inside. Lots of staff around- looked to be lots of management types as well.

Everything seemed to be at full list price- at least the handguns were.

Limit of one bulk box of 22LR.... Edit- corrected to bulk box

Went to Rielly's and bought the wife a S&W 642 for $50 less.

Last edited:
Went to the grand opening today up in Hooksett. The boy is on school vacation and took a day off to spend some time with him. Here was my experience anyway:

1. BIG line waiting to get in.....they were giving out gift certificates from "5 to 100 dollars" so lots of folks got there early. We got a 10 dollar one and a 5. Paid for gas I guess.

2. Went right to the ammo aisle like everyone else to check what they had. In the aisle they had a decent selection of 50 round and 100 round boxes of 22lr. As I was reading the sign on the "limits" I was talking with my wife trying to decide Basspros definition of "Bulk" box because the limit was posted as "22lr bulk boxes limit one per guest". I didn't see any bulk packs so as I was trying to decide if we could get more than one of the 100 round packs (was talking out loud with my wife) some turd in a ratty cammo jacket looks right at me and actually yelled sternly......"THE LIMIT IS ONE BOX PER PERSON PERIOD". Well by the look of the ratty jacket I deciphered the turd did not work there and gave him the "back off dude" look and he walked away. DOn't know why people get in others business like that. ANyway......once I found a clerk in very short time he explained that basspro considers a 100 round box and above bulk but there was a short line in the corner for the actual bulk packs.....they had 500 round fed champion, 325 federal copper plated, 500 round blazer, and 333 Winchester white box. So.......quick 10 minute wait and the wife and I got out with 2 each 500 round federal champion. Score as far as I'm concerned at 23 bucks a box (4 and a half cents a round).

3. Store seems much smaller than Foxboro......no shooting gallery.....smaller tank......but the atmosphere is just as nice.

4. Found an xtra full choke for the 20 gage as the wife wants to try her hand at turkey this year.......found a hammer extension for my boys henry lever gun........some 357 mag Remington and some 38 spec Remington at a decent price .......21 bucks and 29 bucks.

5. All in all a good store and glad to have one 40 minutes away rather than taking the hike to Foxboro.

6. last but not least.......to turd man if you are on NES.......chill the hell out and MYOB next time......its just ammo dude.

Peace out!

Was up there this morning. Plenty of bulk .22. 325 count Federal Match for about 19 bucks and 325 count nitrogen filled cans for 18 bucks. Limit 1 can.

Does anyone know what happened today? I was there when the fire alarm went off and they cleared the store. That was at 1030am and it was still closed at 100pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No 22 ammo, no powders, no 357 magnum. 9mm and other common calibers in stock.

Hooksett. 10 boxes of cci mini mag hps. $8.50 1 box limit. Cci green tag 100 rd box $17.99!! Plenty of the usual calipers. $15 for 9mm.

I gambled and grabbed 2 boxes of mini mags and lucked out at the checkout. Clerk doesn't know the limits I guess.

There were 5 boxes when I left.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom