• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bass Pro-On the wrong side of the AG already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this is not true. I only heard this second hand so it may be a complete rumor.

What I heard was that Bass Pro was selling Glocks and other new handguns that aren't on the approved AP list and the AG has already jumped on them for that and also for filing incorrect paperwork.

It it is true, and again, I don't know it for a fact..how could an outfit like that make such a blunder???

I wish I had gotten one of the Kimbers they were selling before the AG found out.---Depicts
I wish you had gotten two!

What guns were they selling before they pulled them? And how long were they selling them?

Respectfully,

jkelly

They were selling all kinds of Glocks along with Springfield Armory XDs and other handguns not on the list. From what I heard they sold over 50 before they were shut down. They've supposedly got 40 or so back, but some have kept the guns they bought as there is no law saying they have to return them.

It's an interesting story on how they got caught.

jkelly, had I been there with my credit line and the Kimbers were on the shelf, there WOULD be at least two in my house right now.

When Cabella's was thinking about coming to Plainville, I wrote to them and asked if they were aware of our anti-gun laws in this state, and if they were going to work with us and GOAL to try and fight the politics with their deep pockets.

Cabella's reply to me was...we know our business and are not worried. They continued by telling me they had NO PLANS for a shop in Plainville, but in Connecticut instead.

I think it would be great for Bass Pro and Cabella's and Bob Kraft to put their money and brains together and help us fight the AG in court.

BTW, when I heard BPS was opening in Foxboro, I had already determined that I would continue to buy from the local small shops, because I think WE are responsible to keep them in business and available to us. It's a two way street. We need each other.

I do not plan to boycott the dealer involved in this. I go to many shops from time to time, and will continue to do so.

When I have something bugging me about a dealer or store or salesman, I speak up and TELL management what I think, and if they don't respond to my liking, I stay away until I forget how mad I was with them. If it continues, I stop going.

Anyone talking about boycotting this dealer is biting their nose to spite their face. Maybe you all would have liked for BPS to sell these guns for a few more hours before they got caught, but it doesn't seem like such a bad deal to me.

I for one don't want a Kimber because someone makes a mistake. I want one I can have with full knowledge and approval of my government.

Yes, the AG rules suck. Let's change the rules and not feed on each other.

I want one I can have with full knowledge and approval of my government.

Sorry but this is a really bad comment and one I never thought I would here from a gun owner. You shouldn't have to get approval from your government to buy an inanimate object.

As far as the jerk who made the call he will never get my money.

I will come in depicts defence on this...

I believe he was simply saying that he longed for a day when gun owners have the freedom to own what we want. I think we all long for such a goverment.

If dealers AND possibly the AG is "listening" in on us... maybe Derek and the powers can require a secure registration system and find out who is "suitable" to be a member on here.

It makes me want to puke when I think of the crap we have to deal with in this state and that people are listening for what I'd consider malicious reasons.

It it is true, and again, I don't know it for a fact..how could an outfit like that make such a blunder???

I heard that the store manager had come from Rhode Island and was unaware of the AG's lists. But I have no way of verifying this.

Call

I have a real issue with a dealer who instead of calling the store manger and giving them a heads up calls the AG's office!!!!!!! That in my opinion is just wrong. [angry]

Yes BPS should have known the laws of our state regarding firearms sales but if we as gun owners and dealers want to change some of the laws regarding firearms we all need to work together. Not turn on each other. If he had called BPS and they told him to go fly a kite then it is understandable. But that is not the case.

I agree with Depicts as to supporting our local dealers. However, this local dealer will NOT see a dime of my money.

I was at the Holbrook show this weekend and EVERYONE was talking about this dealer and how they will not ever go to his shop again!!!!!

I think his plan may have back fired. Instead of securing his customer base he just alienated them.
Again just my opinion.

I have a real issue with a dealer who instead of calling the store manger and giving them a heads up calls the AG's office!!!!!!! That in my opinion is just wrong. [angry]

Yes BPS should have known the laws of our state regarding firearms sales but if we as gun owners and dealers want to change some of the laws regarding firearms we all need to work together. Not turn on each other. If he had called BPS and they told him to go fly a kite then it is understandable. But that is not the case.

I agree with Depicts as to supporting our local dealers. However, this local dealer will NOT see a dime of my money.

I was at the Holbrook show this weekend and EVERYONE was talking about this dealer and how they will not ever go to his shop again!!!!!

I think his plan may have back fired. Instead of securing his customer base he just alienated them.
Again just my opinion.

+1

Since everyone apparently knows who this dealer is already except me... if someone would send me a quick IM I'd appreciate it.

Mikey, Masnee is right. What I meant was, I don't want illegal guns because of an AG.

I don't want THEIR approval, I just want it legal, and that includes silencers and full auto.

Massnee, thanks for the support.

name

Folks..I really do not want to give the dealers name ....I do not think it is appropriate on a public forum. I hope you all understand

I believe that the call was made on the behalf of the gun shop association of MA (I don't know the real name of the group), NOT in the name of any particular store.

IMO (and it's only mine), I think that this whole deal is being treated as a bunch of children would treat a liqour store who "told the authorities" another shop was selling to minors (some here being the children). "Waah- someone told on them. We didn't get ours. That's not fair!"

Morally right or wrong, there are regulations (and exceptions to them- see the target model exemption laws). Should manufacturers desire to have their product sold here, they unfortunately have to follow the regulations and get their products added to the lists, like everyone else. The fact that the target list is only currently occupied by SVI should be more of an issue with lawful gun owners than this. A firearm being sold without being on the list is against the rules, and those who did the selling should expect punishment if caught. Apparently BPS tried to make it right with the law, as they should have. Actually, they should have known better in the first place- but that's not the issue with me here.

Before any more people get bent out of shape and cry for heads to roll because a call was made, has anyone found out whether the dealer in question:
1) Told the AG before the AG knew? I personally doubt it. I have a feeling that the AG's office is smarter than that. Did this make the AG's office move faster? Probably.

2) Told the AG on behalf of themselves? Or on the behalf of ALL the dealers in MA who are forced to follow the rules? I would lean toward the latter.

Flame away if you will, but perhaps this may give us all something to consider.

*disclaimer- I *think* I know the answer to "Whodunnit". If this is the case, and my suspicion is correct, I have NO relation other than customer to business; no personal stake in this whatsoever aside from the fact that there is a lot of hearsay being spread and I would hate to see anyone take the heat for acting on behalf of the lawful gun dealers

instead of treating us like a bunch of children, why not just put out the name of the dealer and let the individual members decide what to do with that information? we post info about good dealers and post about dealers that act like asshats to their customers. people still go to those dealers. how is this any different?

instead of treating us like a bunch of children, why not just put out the name of the dealer and let the individual members decide what to do with that information? we post info about good dealers and post about dealers that act like asshats to their customers. people still go to those dealers. how is this any different?

Just giving everyone something to think about- that's all.

As I am NOT sure of who it is, just an "I think it may be..." I would not want to be the one responsible for misinforming anyone or misrepresenting any facts.

IF said dealer accused by others reads this, and should care to post the facts, not the hearsay of the issue, then it would be up to them. This is now in the public realm of the forum, and for all to see.

As I said (and I thought long and hard about even bothering to post my opinion in the first place after seeing the FIRST thread on this issue), it's only my opinion. To each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom