Bass Pro Cancelled!!!! CCW Fashion Show - Presented by GOAL and MWGO

For me, this Bass Pro thing is not and never was about the money. I could care less if they "made GOAL whole", Bass Pro showed it wasn't above f***ing the community for publicity, and I won't support a company like that.
YUP, they caved to the people who would never step foot in their store's and dissed their customers. What kind of business sense is that?

YUP, they caved to the people who would never step foot in their store's and dissed their customers. What kind of business sense is that?

"Modern" business sense. It comes down to shareholders. Most people have no idea where their investments are, but (for example after the Wells Fargo mortgage fakery) if there's enough hype they'll demand brokerages shift things around and the public outcry can trash a business... even if it doesn't effect their actual customers.

GOAL had someone shooting the runway for a bit but not all night. I actually had the thought of reaching out and volunteering time as a photographer (I have plenty of experience) to GOAL for events, but I'm not sure if I'd be stepping on someone's toes.
I was in the back with a studio light setup. I hope the product shots came out ok. Product photography on a person usually requires fine tuning the lighting a bit. I opted to not put a 12amp draw with my main studio lights and rode a ranger rx pack. I have two trigger packs if you ever want to join in on a shoot.

I was in the back with a studio light setup. I hope the product shots came out ok. Product photography on a person usually requires fine tuning the lighting a bit. I opted to not put a 12amp draw with my main studio lights and rode a ranger rx pack. I have two trigger packs if you ever want to join in on a shoot.

Didn't see the actual product shoot going on, I mostly saw whoever was shooting the runway. Next time I see an event poke its head up that I'm available for I'll come back to this.

travel expenses are your problem... you should know that.. you get tix to a concert in Boston... book hotel, etc.. and it gets cancelled.. you want the artist to refund your hotel bill.. seriously?

I never saw BPS put out any statement on why they postponed. GOAL did all the talking. I'm just relaying from Keith that they did in fact get compensated for any problems the postponement caused.

Like I said.. boycott BPS all you want... I really don't care. I just think that after OP riled everyone here up against BPS, maybe NES should be aware of how it ended (at least how it was presented to my club).

No, I would expect in the case that the venue, with no forewarning, a couple days before the show decided to cancel it due to known and longstanding political views of the artist that the venue make me whole. I am certain they would not, but saying (In your example) "well, we sent the artist some money to make up for their lost revenue" does nothing to relieve why I am pissed at the venue for being douches, and does nothing to buy my goodwill.

Screw them, now and forever, since they decided that the feelings of someone at corporate trump any good sense I'll take my money elsewhere and continue to tell others to do the same.

Archery is another reason to visit BPS as there just aren’t many options within driving distance of Boston.

Archery is another reason to visit BPS as there just aren’t many options within driving distance of Boston.

BayState Archery in Norwood

Ace Archers in Foxboro

Traditional archery supply in Whitman

Reedys Archery is in Middleborough which is not an hour from Boston.

All of these are closer than Bass Pro and I don’t even know what’s north of Boston.

Also, Xspot Archery is in Attleboro near Emerald Square mall which isn’t much further than Bass Pro.

BayState Archery in Norwood

Ace Archers in Foxboro

Traditional archery supply in Whitman

Reedys Archery is in Middleborough which is not an hour from Boston.

All of these are closer than Bass Pro and I don’t even know what’s north of Boston.

Also, Xspot Archery is in Attleboro near Emerald Square mall which isn’t much further than Bass Pro.

Check your maps. Reedy's isn't closer to Boston than BPS. LOL

Back
Top Bottom