Basic firearms certificate question

Havent taught a basic firearms class since the new certificate came out.

Had a few quick questions

What are the course certification number, certification number, certification expiration date and ltc expiration date?

I know the number I used on the old form was ltc002 but I'm looking at the new certificate and dont to mess it up.

Course certification number is LTC-0xx
Certification number is your BFS Cert #
Certification & LTC expiration dates are your BFS Cert & LTC expiration dates respectively.

I am in the same boat havent done a class since right before they sent out the letter with the new roster and certificate. I was able to find a fillable pdf for the new roster on GOAL but cant seem to find a fillable certificate, I was going to try to make one with adobe but after scanning the one they sent me you can see they fold marks. Does anyone have a fillable PDF certificate?

I am in the same boat havent done a class since right before they sent out the letter with the new roster and certificate. I was able to find a fillable pdf for the new roster on GOAL but cant seem to find a fillable certificate, I was going to try to make one with adobe but after scanning the one they sent me you can see they fold marks. Does anyone have a fillable PDF certificate?
Contact Lt. Zani and they'll Email you the forms. There is a reason it's not online.

Course certification number is LTC-0xx
Certification number is your BFS Cert #
Certification & LTC expiration dates are your BFS Cert & LTC expiration dates respectively.
If I'm understanding correctly if the LTC expiration date has passed and you have not yet applied for your LTC, you'll need to take another class that fulfills the LTC requirements before applying?

Edit- Should note this is for MA.

If I'm understanding correctly if the LTC expiration date has passed and you have not yet applied for your LTC, you'll need to take another class that fulfills the LTC requirements before applying?

Edit- Should note this is for MA.

Nope, the "LTC Expiration Date" has to be after the "Course Completed" date, that's all.

i.e.: If the instructor's LTC expires after the course, the BFS certificate is still good, because you took the course when the instructor's LTC was valid.

You can't teach a BFS class in MA that meets MA standards without a valid LTC.

Rhetorical question: Is there any non-bureaucratic reason for this rule?

Seems like the old adage: “Those who can’t, teach” doesn’t apply here.

Well, if you're handling guns in Mass, you better have an LTC, so there's that.

Any instructors out their get their renewed certificate? My check was cashed on Oct 2. I know it went to the right place since they wrote the cert # in the memo field and there is the MSP deposit stamp on the back. I have not yet received the renewal in the mail. I was wondering if this was common.

Any instructors out their get their renewed certificate? My check was cashed on Oct 2. I know it went to the right place since they wrote the cert # in the memo field and there is the MSP deposit stamp on the back. I have not yet received the renewal in the mail. I was wondering if this was common.

Huh... I have to renew this year.

Should I renew extra early just to make sure there's no gap?

Mine took less than a month it all came by email,but first I got a phone interview from Lt. Zani.

Rob, I got an email with my cert and refillable forms within a month. They kept my my 3 digit 5xx instructor number.

Since I am certified for NRA basic pistol, I have to teach the proscribed 8 hour class and then also include an additional segment on suicide prevention correct? I was under the impression that deviation from the agenda or eliminating the suicide section would get me in trouble. Can someone confirm or deny?

Wat? A phone interview?

Is this your first time, or is this a renewal?

What did he ask about?

It was a renewal,He just wanted to know what I was teaching how long were the classes,and then we talked about guns for a while.

Rob, I got an email with my cert and refillable forms within a month. They kept my my 3 digit 5xx instructor number.

Since I am certified for NRA basic pistol, I have to teach the proscribed 8 hour class and then also include an additional segment on suicide prevention correct? I was under the impression that deviation from the agenda or eliminating the suicide section would get me in trouble. Can someone confirm or deny?

If you have a MA BFS instructor number then you can teach any one of the state approved curriculums. It doesn't have to be the specific NRA course or courses that you're certified to teach.

It was a renewal,He just wanted to know what I was teaching how long were the classes,and then we talked about guns for a while.

I guess if you're going to insist on a safety class, the class shouldn't suck.

I've had a bunch of students who had taken a "budget" BFS class before, but were kinda disgusted at how shitty they were, to the point where they wanted to take a course that actually taught them stuff.

I can imagine that's the problem they're trying to solve.

If you have a MA BFS instructor number then you can teach any one of the state approved curriculums. It doesn't have to be the specific NRA course or courses that you're certified to teach.

But we as MA instructors are still required to teach a half hour segment on Suicide prevention aren't we?

Rob, I got an email with my cert and refillable forms within a month. They kept my my 3 digit 5xx instructor number.[/quopte]
Must have been stuck in my spam filter and purged in 2 weeks. I have the contact info at the MSP and will follow up.

Back
Top Bottom