Baseless Lies!

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh and ignore the appearance of them being unused in my attic... I'm just doing some rearranging and they'll be set up again shortly.

I save the boxes in case I need to return them.
I web surf on a TRS-80 Color Computer with SIXTY-FOUR KILOBYTES of RAM... Just saying...

On a non-lie basis: I really do still have (3) of those. And a Commodore 64. And I'm pretty sure a few others.

I also have a plan, for the next time I turn in a computer at work, to install something ridiculous like MS-DOS. When they turn it on to check it out they'll be greeted with C:\>

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I web surf on a TRS-80 Color Computer with SIXTY-FOUR KILOBYTES of RAM... Just saying...

On a non-lie basis: I really do still have (3) of those. And a Commodore 64. And I'm pretty sure a few others.

I also have a plan, for the next time I turn in a computer at work, to install something ridiculous like MS-DOS. When they turn it on to check it out they'll be greeted with C:\>
I would be totally impressed if you literally installed DOS 3.1 on a modern computer, as opposed to just launching the CMD prompt automatically when Windows boots. I wonder how feasible that is. Step 1... find a DOS disk. Step 2... find a 5.25" floppy drive... Step 3... figure out how to connect that ribbon cable thingy to a modern computer. Step 4... give up?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would be totally impressed if you literally installed DOS 3.1 on a modern computer, as opposed to just launching the CMD prompt automatically when Windows boots. I wonder how feasible that is. Step 1... find a DOS disk. Step 2... find a 5.25" floppy drive... Step 3... figure out how to connect that ribbon cable thingy to a modern computer. Step 4... give up?
You GenX'ers kill me.

You do know you can put DOS on a thumb drive? And you can download the disk images from the net...

WinWorld: MS-DOS 6.22

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
You GenX'ers kill me.

You do know you can put DOS on a thumb drive? And you can download the disk images from the net...

WinWorld: MS-DOS 6.22
Oh? Next thing you'll tell me is that they make a 5.25" floppy disk drive that connects with a USB cable.

Anyway, I'm not sure about this 6.22 release. It's just a little too new and untested for me. 3.1 was the last release that I frequently used, so I prefer to stick with that. They might have added a new command or something since then, and I don't like change.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh? Next thing you'll tell me is that they make a 5.25" floppy disk drive that connects with a USB cable.

Anyway, I'm not sure about this 6.22 release. It's just a little too new and untested for me. 3.1 was the last release that I frequently used, so I prefer to stick with that. They might have added a new command or something since then, and I don't like change.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I'm finally home and I played part of it. I couldn't get past 60 seconds. Wow, painful. I misread what you said and thought you said Eat Bulaga, which is a very popular daytime TV show in the Philippines with a very catchy theme song.

Bulaga caviar is very good. $$$$ I had it at a schmancy wedding once.

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay has now signed on as et al. of pipes' project. When he realized that sildenafil was created to treat pulmonary hypertension Jay saw $$$. The marital aids would be helping so many customers in so many ways!
(True, clinical trials of seldenafil reported the side effect of increased erectile function)

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Those products will go great together with my robin poop lube, so it only makes sense. I think that is called synergy.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
prepper is leaving his marital aids in the airbnb rentals he's using with his hidden cameras to perv on the guests' sons.

sales were....flaccid....the problem he ran into was when he used an overseas marketing company and due to translation issues, there was excessive use of 'viral' and 'AIDS' in the campaign....

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So this dyslexic went for marriage counseling and wound up a Kung Fu expert.

MARTIAL ARTS

MARITAL ARTS

Get it?

I should have another drink, ey?

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Prepper, Yaz did in fact bring in synchronized swimming as an event. Rumor has it that you were responsible for banning conjoined twins. Yup, a whole team of them from Ukraine.
Well they do have an unfair advantage. I did try to substitute synchonized midget swimming but wow.... People really freaked out. NO ONE wants midgets to get any kind of employment it seems. Poor little guys.

Fritz the Cat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prepper
Someone who can't wait for the end of the world, and 'prepares' for it by hoarding food, guns, ammunition, water purification tablets, paracord, rice, MRE, camouflage clothing, Walmart gift cards, and pretend Tea Party 'money' that they think will be worth something someday.

Often this fear/hope that society will end "any day now" is related to religious beliefs, distrust of a government they didn't vote for, and/or a shared delusion among their peers that only they are intelligent enough to "see the signs" of our collective impeding doom.

A strong paramilitary aspect usually goes with the Prepper lifestyle, even though most of them couldn't run a mile to save their own lives, never mind carrying some of the heaviest items possible on their backs; batteries, water, bullets, and gold.

Up to this point, 100% of "preppers" have been wrong so far, a trend likely to continue for a very long time.

It has been theorized that in the unlikely event of an actual catastrophe large enough to actually destroy society, that Preppers would be the first to be 'pushed out' by a new society, since honestly, who wants a bunch of ignorant aggressive selfish loudmouth jerkoffs around when it's time for everyone to put aside their differences and rebuild a new society?

Fritz: "Did you see that guy buying all those shovels and batteries? What's up with that?"

JayMcB: "Yeah... he's a Prepper. He thinks he will be the only one to survive whatever race war or zombie attack his church or Alex Jones predicted."

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Fritz: "Did you see that guy buying all those shovels and batteries? What's up with that?"

JayMcB: "Yeah... he's a Prepper. He thinks he will be the only one to survive whatever race war or zombie attack his church or Alex Jones predicted."
I did not buy 2 shovels for driveway grading, a post hole digger, and then batteries for my smoke detectors, tractor, genset, game cameras and flashlights on my last trip to NH [rofl]

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Prepper
Someone who can't wait for the end of the world, and 'prepares' for it by hoarding food, guns, ammunition, water purification tablets, paracord, rice, MRE, camouflage clothing, Walmart gift cards, and pretend Tea Party 'money' that they think will be worth something someday.

Often this fear/hope that society will end "any day now" is related to religious beliefs, distrust of a government they didn't vote for, and/or a shared delusion among their peers that only they are intelligent enough to "see the signs" of our collective impeding doom.

A strong paramilitary aspect usually goes with the Prepper lifestyle, even though most of them couldn't run a mile to save their own lives, never mind carrying some of the heaviest items possible on their backs; batteries, water, bullets, and gold.

Up to this point, 100% of "preppers" have been wrong so far, a trend likely to continue for a very long time.

It has been theorized that in the unlikely event of an actual catastrophe large enough to actually destroy society, that Preppers would be the first to be 'pushed out' by a new society, since honestly, who wants a bunch of ignorant aggressive selfish loudmouth jerkoffs around when it's time for everyone to put aside their differences and rebuild a new society?

That is why I keep my prepping secret. I don't have to worry about the neighbors or anyone else not appreciating my prepping during an emergency becasue they won't know. I'm just that guy who mows his lawn with the dead garden and cats always staring out the windows over there.

No one knows! Not IRL or online!

Top Bottom