barrett .50

boscru

NES Member
im sure this might get poo-poo'ed by some of the more experienced folks here, but i had the pleasure to watch a vet shooting one of these today at the range

holy c**p what an awesome display of power

broke the manhole cover target into 3 pieces after 8-9? rounds

those of you that have one or those of you who have witnessed one of these know what i'm talking about

if you haven't seen one of these yet put on extra hearing protection when you do

p.s. no trouble finding your brass

[laugh2]

I got to shoot a friends. That arrowhead muzzle break does amazing things. Even though I got my face pretty far back from the scope and snuggled up hard against the butt, when I pulled the trigger my first thought was the scope got me in the face. It didn't, and the recoil hurt my shoulder less than my 30-06. But, my face hurt like I got slapped in the nose or dived into the pool and got a blast of water up my nose and into my sinuses. It took 2 more shots to figure out what was going on. The over-pressure blast wave coming back from that muzzle break was shocking my sinuses. You ever see the commercial for the Myth Busters where you see Adam with ear plugs up his nose? Yup, they were shooting a Barrett.

Last edited:
lady atilla digs the .50 BMG.

40515d1348674567-women-guns-want-make-blog-submission-m82.jpg

66145d1328626396-ar-15-lower-coakley.jpg

Nice reaction...

Any red blooded, free American man (or great woman) that doesn't admit to lusting after a Barrett 50 cal is a liar.

if you have to ask, you can't afford it
That is illogical and makes no sense....besides we are almost half way through the month which means my EBT card is getting re-upped and I should be able get two and the M1A I have been eyeball'n

Last edited:
I almost want to sell one of my other expensive toys to buy one of those! Unfortunately I only have access to a 100yd. range, so it would almost be a waste of ammo to even shoot it there.

I almost want to sell one of my other expensive toys to buy one of those! Unfortunately I only have access to a 100yd. range, so it would almost be a waste of ammo to even shoot it there.

Could be very dangerous for you at that range. There's a video of someone shooting a steel plate with a .50 cal and the ricochet came back and took out his ear muff.

Could be very dangerous for you at that range. There's a video of someone shooting a steel plate with a .50 cal and the ricochet came back and took out his ear muff.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with such short range. It would still be pretty harass to have anyway, though.

Oh please. [rolleyes] As long as you're not completely brain dead you can pretty much shoot it at 50 yards or 500 yards and it doesn't change the "danger" one bit.

A .45 is pretty dangerous shooting things at 10 feet.... if the "thing" happens to be bullet resistant glass. Any firearm can be "very dangerous for you" given the wrong context.

Killing bowling pins, air conditioners, and internal combustion engines at 200 yds or less with a 50 is pretty fun.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading about the four legged galoping machine yesterday and the new Iron Man body armor today, I think I'm suddenly in the market for a .50 cal.

Damned if I'm going to be the last guy standing with legion of Iron Men on galoping machines running around! [grin]

After reading about the four legged galoping machine yesterday and the new Iron Man body armor today, I think I'm suddenly in the market for a .50 cal.

Damned if I'm going to be the last guy standing with legion of Iron Men on galoping machines running around! [grin]

[laugh2]I was thinking about then same things lately!

Back
Top Bottom