• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

barrett .50

WAY over-rated.... There are better calibers (Barrett's own .416 for example) and even if you have your heart set on a .50 there are better rifles.

How much does an "entry level" Barrett cost.

We're an Authorized Barrett Dealer and I can always have my M82a1 at the shop if anyone wants to see it.

lady atilla digs the .50 BMG.

40515d1348674567-women-guns-want-make-blog-submission-m82.jpg
She did Great with it to. We need to do that again.

After reading about the four legged galoping machine yesterday and the new Iron Man body armor today, I think I'm suddenly in the market for a .50 cal.

Damned if I'm going to be the last guy standing with legion of Iron Men on galoping machines running around! [grin]

Pray tell what is this Iron man body armor you speak of good sir? Is this that Dragon Skin body armor?
5000735487f96.preview-620.jpg

and yes, Boston Dynamics has been pioneering robotic stuff that is SCARY close to Terminator (movie).
Just imagine a swarm of bigdogs all connected together with some intelligent algorithms. For search and rescue applications it would be ideal, but the flip side is scary if they are hunting you down.

Meet Petman (skynet interface module not included):

Last edited by a moderator:
as a noobe to the sport i thought i was going to get pig piled for starting this thread--guess not

seriously speaking though, i was blown away(literally) by the shock wave, i'm not sure if it should be called a rifle or a small easily transportable cannon

once again it was a pleasure to watch one our honored veterans shooting this monster

i've never refused an offer to shoot a larger gun at the range, as even a new shooter im not a nancy-boy
but i can honestly say if offered to bang a round or two i would have said" no thanks you're doing fine"

Last edited:
The single shots 50's are the least expensive, The Serbu and Safety Harbor SHF magazine fed bolt action is another one to consider. The Barrett is a well made rifle as is the ArmaLite AR -50A1 National match. If you want a entry level rifle the Serbu and Safty Harbor SHF are under 3K. In fact the SH is about 2600. Why Barrett ever used Bushnell scopes is beyond me.

Just my two cents I would stay clear of the uppers that use an AR lower. The first thing you really need to do is change the hammer and spring in the lower to accommodate the primers. Also an AR lower just seems a bit weak but that's just me.

I've had the chance to shoot one once. It's no Tac-50, but it's not a bad rifle for the money.

Which Serbu did you fire? The bolt action of the semi?

I assume it wasn't the Serbu Typhoon (20mm)

As to scopes - the Bushnell Elite Tactical with Horus reticle is a pretty nice scope for the money (under $2K); lifetime warranty; suitable for a 50. No, it's not a Nightforce of US Optics, but it is a decent scope for fiftys.

Back
Top Bottom