• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Barrel Shroud

I'd like to drop kick her hag face.
[laugh2]
1 rep to Jose for once again openly stating what many of us are thinking. Glad also to see someone in the media attempting to point out the stupidity in the banning of some of the items often included in assault type bans.

WOW: If you want to read something that will make your blood boil, check out senior freebie in this blog discussing the barrel shroud:

http://www.pointofexistence.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14270&st=0&p=177361&#entry177361

Here are some of his quotes concerning firearms:

She may not have known what a barrel shroud was but its logical legislation. Barrel shrouds allow legally bought semi auto weapons which have been converted to full auto to be held more steadily while spraying a room full of people. If you need a weapon like this for legitimate self defence you've obviously insulted far too many people in your life.

WRONG! [angry]

Wells ... as far as I know the law only stipulates that a semi automatic with a barrel shroud AND another of the following:
-Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
-Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or silencer
-Unloaded weight of 50 oz or more
-A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

For example a semi automatic version of an Uzi with a barrel shroud would be illegal but a semi auto version of a micro Uzi as long as it doesn't weigh more then 50oz and only uses magazines that don't reach outside the grip would still be legal.

Barrel shrouds on rifles or shotguns are still perfectly legal and in fact revolvers are not included AT ALL in this ban as one of the primary conditions is a detachable magazine.

Now I ask you... WTF does the weight of the F*CKING gun have to do with the price of tea in China? LOL A gun in the hands of a criminal is a weapon. A gun in the hands of a law abiding citizen is a protector of freedom. The weight of the gun means NOTHING.

Sure you can re-aim your weapon quickly but there are plenty of things that can stop massacres and pretty much all of them are suggested by gun control legislation in the USA:

Reduced mags don't hurt law abiding citizens but hurt people going on rampages.
Reduced rates of fire dramatically reduce the lethality of even individual attempted murders (see Australian statistics).
Regulated calibres save lives as lighter shots are likely to disable or incapacitate but not kill leaving the law to sort out the mess rather then decomposition.

IMO all that should be legal are:

All regular shotgun cartridges
Only manual loading (bolt / break / pump action)
Max of 5 round mag's (including a 6th in the chamber)

Of course this will never work in the USA as the culture of violence and weapons is far too embedded in not only the culture but law. There are far too many weapons in private hands now that will turn said private hands into criminal hands. Sure many of these gun owners will respond as Australians did to the legislation in the late 1990's but many won't and violence will rise to a point where it could threaten the stability of the government ... a prospect which involves 15,000 nuclear warheads with an uncertain future. I mean we're talking about a country that loses more per year to firearms then a lot of countries lost per year to civil war.

I personally enjoy living in a country where if I'm attacked by a guy wielding a knife one day and a guy wielding a gun the next I'm more likely to survive the guy shooting at me and I've got the statistics to back me up.

In the meantime all you guys have got is personal attacks and flawed logic.

I mean you still haven't noticed that the legislation on barrel shrouds only applies to semi automatic mag loading handguns and are still basing your criticism of this legislation of the idea that it will outlaw shotguns and rifles. Do some research outside your closeted little NRA centric worlds and realise that less guns = less people dying from bullets = good.

Ya know.... The last time I looked.... A .22 is not a pea shooter! [thinking] Words cannot describe this person's logic. You are more likely to survive being shot in Australia than being stabbed... DAMN! The toilets go backwards and so too must be the laws of physics! Holy S*IT!

Also, it must be nice to live in a country whose government allows their citizens to be assaulted with impunity. What a wonderful panacea! Just tell the sheepole that a .308 is a less than lethal round! LOL Wow... I have seen some brainwashing before, this is simply unreal.

Well, I neither will be stabbed nor shot: I live in a country that allows me to protect myself and not tuck my balls and bend over when someone is going to assault me with a knife, or a gun. You have made up my mind: No reason to see Australia in my lifetime!

Last edited:
Old, but still funny. Shows how ignorant and devious the
antis are.... notice how she dodges the question several
times..... it's because they know, that intrinsically, that their
ideas are full of shit/nonsense, and don't withstand even a modicum
of scrutiny when logic or reason comes into play.

-Mike

The best part is McCarthy introduced HR 1022. But she is forced to make an ass out of herself when asked what a barrel shroud is (In HR 1022 it is the forend of ANY long arm, so HR 1022 would ban ALL semi-auto long guns) and she uses the term "high Capacity clips" several times. So she knows nothing of the bill.

Can you imagine if when talking about the new auto effiecency bill Bush said "More Efficient Carburators..." in his speech?

Nope, no double standard here!

Back
Top Bottom