• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Barrel fitting/Cerakote question

Hey all.

Tried searching. Didn't find these exact question anywhere. Bear with me.

1. Fitting a ballistic advantage barrel into a cerakoted anderson upper. Definitely tighter of a fit than it should be. Is it bad to use scotch brite and remove some of the cerakote on the inside where the barrel goes in or is that a good idea? I'll resort to the temperature trick if I need to just wondering.

2. what is the best grease to use on the ID of the receiver and the barrel extension? A little packet of frog lube came with my muzzle device. Is that sufficient/good? Should I be worried if excess gets into the upper after fitting?

Thanks

C

Don't know about removing the cerakote. But I had to freeze my barrel, grease the hell out of it. Heat the upper with a heat gun.
And then still use some persuasion with the help of a dead blow hammer on the back of the upper to get it seated all the way.

Good luck!

So it ended up just being a little cerakote gathered at the edge. a little pass with fine sandpaper cleaned it up. Used white lithium grease to fit the barrel. will use CLP for the castle nut threads unless someone has a better idea.

So it ended up just being a little cerakote gathered at the edge. a little pass with fine sandpaper cleaned it up. Used white lithium grease to fit the barrel. will use CLP for the castle nut threads unless someone has a better idea.
I use moly grease, wipe it on thin, then take most of it off, leaving only a presence of it. It doesn't wick out like oil does.

Back
Top Bottom