Barre, MA

Can you shoot on your own land in Barre MA unmolested by neighbors or LE? (Assuming you have enough land and appropriate backstop to do so safely.)

Thanks.

I've had no problems what so ever while shooting on a friends property in Barre. As long as you meet all the legal distancing requirements, you're GTG. As far as neighbors not calling the police, as long as you're not in the thickly settled downtown areas you should be set.

I've had no problems what so ever while shooting on a friends property in Barre. As long as you meet all the legal distancing requirements, you're GTG. As far as neighbors not calling the police, as long as you're not in the thickly settled downtown areas you should be set.

Thanks for the info Eric.

Assuming you have no laws in town saying you can't, you're fine. I live in Templeton and have never heard of there being an issues in Barre and know some people who live 1/8th mile out of the center and shoot in their backyard all the time. State law only regulates hunting and there is a good deal of case law saying you can shoot on your own property till your heart is content. The law calls out "a range" but the vagueness in which what qualifies as a range is nearly anything you can dream up.

Back
Top Bottom