Barnstable Officials Hope to reopen range

I spoke with one of the Natural Resource officers yesterday at Kalmus beach. His opinion is that it might be open by the Fall. The town is still working on the insurance and range officer issue along with the range itself not finished with the rework being done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Still no concrete timelines or specifics... They keep leading me on as to when it will reopen. I have been holding off joinging a club waiting for this to open and have not fired a shot in over 6 months... Oh well, at least I have a crap load of ammo.

Still no concrete timelines or specifics... They keep leading me on as to when it will reopen. I have been holding off joinging a club waiting for this to open and have not fired a shot in over 6 months... Oh well, at least I have a crap load of ammo.

Check out Woodcock Rd in New Bedford(actually Dartmouth), only $60 for non residents. Bit of a haul and the hours aren't great, but it's better than waiting for Barnstable.

Also, updates are being posted in this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb.../124539-barnstable-public-range-opinions.html

Next town hall meeting October
First @ 6:30pm. Please attend this
meeting, the loss of any range is a loss
to us all.

Bump, I heard the range may re open this fall. I can't find any confirmed sources. Anyone else hear this.

No time frame has been set, but it is moving forward. The town and state are working at the typical molasses flowing uphill pace to change the designation of the land parcel in addition to a land swap to place the equal amount of acreage into conservation since the range property is being removed from conservation. Should be noted that the town manager has assigned the management of the range to the Barnstable Police Department, they will be responsible for an operation plan, fees, schedule, etc. Once the land swap/designation deal is completed there will be some lead reclamation and general site work to be done so fall seems to be a bit of a reach. I suggest emailing town manager Mark Ells with any concerns/comments - [email protected]

I never knew there were public gun ranges here........and this is the ONLY one in the state?
I have used public ranges in Florida. The local parks&recreation department in most counties all have one down there. The fees were small and it was "honor system" . Just stick a few dollars in a box.
I wish you the best of luck. I Hope it re-opens

The Barnstable range has been closed for what ? 7 years ? Hard to believe it will ever reopen after all this time and all the issues,
factual or not. Once the lawyers got involved, it was all downhill. Several years back the town had plans to reopen it using paid range officers
and was conducting interviews but nothing happened.

All Barnstable had to do was tell the neighbors to shut the fvck up and go away.

Back
Top Bottom