• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Barnstable Man Pleads Guilty to Selling Ghost Guns

Ok, so the way I understand it;

Dude ratted out by low-mid level drug dealer caught being a piece of shit. Cops set up sting op. Cop pretending to be not cop conducts a transaction to buy polymer 80 lowers that felon finished. No serial numbers on finished lowers and he sold them. He’s also a felon and prohibited person in illegal possession of finished polymer 80 lowers. Cop knowing he was dealing with a dumbshit felon, also saw an opportunity to dial up the charges and offered to pay felon for lowers partially with cash and partially with a serialized pistol. Wish journalists would just do their job and report the facts without spinning the narrative. The facts are damning enough in and of themselves.

I don't know that they needed to dial it up as the finished receivers were enough. The sensational part was "OMG GHOST GUNZZZZZ" which the media latched on to.

Journalists see their job as shaping news and public opinion. Which is why they aren't called "reporters" any longer. Reporters report the news. Or once upon a time they did.
Ok, so the way I understand it;

Dude ratted out by low-mid level drug dealer caught being a piece of shit. Cops set up sting op. Cop pretending to be not cop conducts a transaction to buy polymer 80 lowers that felon finished. No serial numbers on finished lowers and he sold them. He’s also a felon and prohibited person in illegal possession of finished polymer 80 lowers. Cop knowing he was dealing with a dumbshit felon, also saw an opportunity to dial up the charges and offered to pay felon for lowers partially with cash and partially with a serialized pistol. Wish journalists would just do their job and report the facts without spinning the narrative. The facts are damning enough in and of themselves.

The sensational part was "OMG GHOST GUNZZZZZ" which the media latched on to.
In all honesty, the media did make up a story.

DOJ put out a four-paragraph presser. One paragraph was dedicated ENTIRELY to how this is a ghost pun and what ghost guns are. Meanwhile, everywhere else in the presser, they were using the ATF's legal term: PMF. In other words, DOJ is the one trying to spin a narrative to help them make a case that PMF's are bad.

I don't know that they needed to dial it up as the finished receivers were enough. The sensational part was "OMG GHOST GUNZZZZZ" which the media latched on to.

Journalists see their job as shaping news and public opinion. Which is why they aren't called "reporters" any longer. Reporters report the news. Or once upon a time they did.
iirc, when Chris Cuomo got in the argument with that dude who called him Fredo, he referred to himself as an actor for CNN

Back
Top Bottom