• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Barnard College Freshman Tessa Majors Brutally Stabbed To Death In Manhattan Park

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Correct, but the likelihood of a pubescent boy stabbing a barely-legal woman over nothing at all is highly improbable. There's got to be something else here. We probably won't know though.

You apparently don't keep up much with these kinds of stories.

There's a long long list of incidents where people have been stabbed and shot and beaten over "nothing at all".

It's highly dependent on the type of person that 13 year old is. And 13 year old boys have a long history of showing up in the crime stats.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You apparently don't keep up much with these kinds of stories.

There's a long long list of incidents where people have been stabbed and shot and beaten over "nothing at all".

It's highly dependent on the type of person that 13 year old is. And 13 year old boys have a long history of showing up in the crime stats.
You apparently don't keep up much with police interrogation techniques either. It truly amazes me how much people on NES from Mass are willing to believe anything put out by police, yet, they have to go cap in hand for a license to own guns every few years.

Reactions: KVX

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you spend enough time around feral youth, you'd understand how dangerous they are operating like a pack in a gang. Middle school age kids encouraging each other to beat adults to a pulp with bottles and rocks over nothing. Same groups that flash rob stores, film knock-out attacks on elderly people, shove people off subway platforms or into traffic. It's Lord of the Flies type crap. Kids know they are minors and will have a clean record by 18, so they ratchet up their criminal offenses knowing there's little to no consequences. It's why some schools are impossible learning environments. The same kids throw desks, assault teachers, piss or shit in class on the teacher's desk, etc. When you read about middle school kids roaming around at 2-3am and getting into trouble it's these types. Zero parenting, zero accountability.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You apparently don't keep up much with police interrogation techniques either. It truly amazes me how much people on NES from Mass are willing to believe anything put out by police, yet, they have to go cap in hand for a license to own guns every few years.
It's not so much that I uncritically believe the police, it's more the story is consistent with past events and expectations.

If it turns out to be her ex-boyfriend you can serve me a nice hot plate of crow pie.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There is subtle media indoctrination. Rather than lead with "Police say Adam ate the apple", the wording is always "Adam at the apple, police say" - thus leading with the claim as a statement of fact followed by a qualifier rather than directly stating it as a claim.

The media is less likely in the opposite direction - you rarely if ever see stories like "Man claims police abused him" headlined as "Man abused by police, says John Doe".

Last edited:

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You got me. I'm sure the police picked up the wrong kid. It was probably some random 13 year old Amish kid on Rumspringa - who was just trying to live how the English live , or one of those Orthodox Jewish yutes. They're well known for randomly shanking white girls in public parks in NYC.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
You got me. I'm sure the police picked up the wrong kid. It was probably some random 13 year old Amish kid on Rumspringa - who was just trying to live how the English live , or one of those Orthodox Jewish yutes. They're well known for randomly shanking white girls in public parks in NYC.
No need to get snarky about it.

The grim reality is that these kinds of crimes HAVE been decreasing in NYC. It really is uncommon nowadays for random white girls to be shanked in the park, by whomever.

I have no doubt, however, that our fearless public servants in blue, having valiantly extracted a confession, will wrap this up in no time at all. Their narrative will make perfect sense to them, and it'll be anodyne enough that both you and C. Stockwell and me and everyone else will be able to use the official narrative to further our own biased views on policing, race, and crime.

The truth, meanwhile, will only be known to two people. And one of them bled out already.

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13 year olds tend to have no thought or concern with ramifications of whatever they do, they are a bucket of raging hormones with very little conscience. If they've been running feral for a while, I'd venture to say no conscience.

Columbia and Barnard are on the heights overlooking Morningside Park- which is bounded to the east by Harlem. The area around the schools has long been well policed, can't have the sons and daughters of the wealthy much disturbed by urban issues. Morningside Park was the boundary line- when I went to college in the Bronx (30 years ago) it was well known not to go down the stairs in that neighborhood. In the crack epidemic of the mid to late 80's it got worse.

Crime is down in NYC since the murder peak of ~2200 in '91- but it has been creeping up since the current anti cop mayor took office. The NYPD has been directed to ignore much petty crime, emboldening the feral to see what else they can get away with.

Naive barely adult meets feral youth- bad combo.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Reminder to all:

remember that our source for the “it’s a 13-year-old!” conclusion is one of the most corrupt police forces on the continent. Drawing conclusions based on a VERY preliminary report, or on any confession, might not be accurate. Expect the story to change, perhaps several times.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I am happy to hear that she didn't go without a fight.

It was reported that one of the attackers was bit by Tessa while defending herself with the only weapons the City of New York would allow her to posses... Her Teeth.

Good for you Tessa, we're proud of you...

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
13 is old for these sort of things in some parts. The closest I have ever been to being stabbed for my cell phone and backpack was by a small pack of 10-13 year olds.

But that was in Montevideo. Not Manhatten.

If not gangs; this could have been drugs. Or both.

Down side is, this will be used in near future as fodder to start a ban on knives.

I feel sorry for her family.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
13 year olds tend to have no thought or concern with ramifications of whatever they do, they are a bucket of raging hormones with very little conscience. If they've been running feral for a while, I'd venture to say no conscience.

Columbia and Barnard are on the heights overlooking Morningside Park- which is bounded to the east by Harlem. The area around the schools has long been well policed, can't have the sons and daughters of the wealthy much disturbed by urban issues. Morningside Park was the boundary line- when I went to college in the Bronx (30 years ago) it was well known not to go down the stairs in that neighborhood. In the crack epidemic of the mid to late 80's it got worse.

Crime is down in NYC since the murder peak of ~2200 in '91- but it has been creeping up since the current anti cop mayor took office. The NYPD has been directed to ignore much petty crime, emboldening the feral to see what else they can get away with.

Naive barely adult meets feral youth- bad combo.
I’m 50mand a bucket of raging hormones. I wonder what I was like at 13. Lol

ISOTOX

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The 14 year old suspect apparently lawyered up and was released...

The Sixth Amendment applies to all citizens. I thought we believed in all the amendments not just the ones we like at the moment.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, I actually had a desk in an office in a building on the corner of 42nd and Madison. Desk, office, and building are gone now - the whole block was demolished to make way for:

Anyway, I would take the New Haven line out of Milford (the dealership I used to work for when in college would typically let me park there and bum a ride to the station). Arrive at GCT, cross the concourse, walk past the subway entrance, and there was a little hallway with a staircase that led right up into our building's lobby. Some days I'd never see the out-of-doors down there: I'd go down, get my stuff done, and do the reverse back to Milford. But some days I could get out and explore a bit.

Hearing about the kind of crap going on down there now (including this one)... absolutely zero desire to go back. When the partners heard about the future of their building, they took the opportunity to move south (one to Florida and the other to the Carolinas) and operate it electronically, flying to meet with clients/prospects (who are all over the country at this point, anyway) when a face-to-face is needed, Zoom otherwise. Good choice. Sounds like NY is headed back to the bad old days, but with an added Happy Fun Ball of modern moonbat donkery.

One thing I do miss: hitting the mini-Murray's in GCT for a couple wheels of Epoisses, so nobody would sit next to me on the outbound train. [devil]

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Supposedly the victim had gone to the park to buy weed-

Her reasoning to be there should deflect from the fact that the park issue wasn't being addressed. Also again, what college student goes to go buy weed in a park, especially in NYC, theres always someone's dorm-room to get it at.

Coda

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Supposedly the victim had gone to the park to buy weed-

Too bad she didn’t decide to attend college in MA. At least she would have been able to buy her weed safely and legally. Might have been able to get an LTC also.

Very sad story, my thoughts are with her family and may she rest in peace.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
New York City police arrest 13-year-old in stabbing death of Barnard College student

New York City police have arrested a 13-year-old male juvenile in the shocking stabbing death of a Barnard College student, sources told Fox 5 News Friday.

Police found the 13-year-old while canvassing the area near Morningside Park. The boy was caught in the lobby of a building at Manhattan Avenue and 119th Street at around 4:20 p.m. Thursday. He was wearing clothes that matched the description of the suspect, sources said. Police arrested him for criminal trespass and during a search found he was carrying a knife.

The president of the all-women school says she “was fatally injured during an armed robbery” attempt.

The teen confessed to stabbing Majors. The report, citing police, adds that as many as three people were involved in the attack.
Isn't there a movie about cops in NYC arresting and forcing kids to confess ...

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
13 is old for these sort of things in some parts. The closest I have ever been to being stabbed for my cell phone and backpack was by a small pack of 10-13 year olds.

But that was in Montevideo. Not Manhatten.

If not gangs; this could have been drugs. Or both.

Down side is, this will be used in near future as fodder to start a ban on knives.

I feel sorry for her family.
Kids in Latin America are more dangerous than adults. They commit crimes and walk out. You are more likely to get shot by a kid than by an adult.

If you are ever in Brazil and see a group of little kids alone at night, walk the other way.

Top Bottom