Banning over 25 people?

seanc

NES Member
Just after 6:20 p.m. Sunday, Baker ordered a more restrictive public gathering plan, banning all gatherings of 25 or more people. The governor's initial ban was on gatherings of 250 or more people, which was put into place on Friday

These gatherings include all community, civic, public, leisure, faith-based events, sporting events with spectators, concerts, conventions and any similar event or activity that brings together 25 or more people in single room or a single space at the same time. This includes venues like fitness centers, private clubs and theaters," Baker said.

so, besides the fact this sounds like a suspension to the rights to assemble.
what exactly are the repercussion, or penalties to a 26 person gathering?

a felony on your record? A PP for life?

lice in prison?

I don't believe that there are penalties for the patrons, but for the venues, there are.

so if you have a get hearing of 30 people at a private place, or a church what is the penalty?
Does a governor declared “ban” carry the force of law?

and what weight is it? A ban without any penalties is not a ban. Is just a suggestion.

But taking the commercial out of it. They could easily pull a business’ license or fine them.

but what about a non commercial situation?

lets say a birthday party? Friday prayers at the Worcester mosque. St patricks day observance at the Catholic Church etc...
what, if any, is the penalty?

is the host only penalized? Every attendant?

Same idea as a magazine ban. You cant have too many in one container, but can have as many containers as you desire. You cant have more then 25 gathered in one place. However, some poor schlep working a Dunkins in a gas station, will still serve 10k people per shift. So death by a thousand paper cuts, is preferred over full and direct exposure.

Maybe you should look around more. Regardless, every waiter/waitress, bartender, busboy and most kitchen staff just lost their jobs for the foreseeable future. That's a gut punch.
Yes it is a gut punch to them. I don't want anybody to lose their job, but it's bound to happen in this crisis. The good staff will find employment, the bad won't.
I'm just tired of the places that were good for a long time, that decided the solution to their profit problem is to try and fool the customer with sometimes below cafeteria quality food for a slightly higher price.
I don't go to chains, they suck the worst. I try to give my business to the small(er) local establishments and what has happened in the past couple of years with quality of food for the money, is terrible.

Same idea as a magazine ban. You cant have too many in one container, but can have as many containers as you desire. You cant have more then 25 gathered in one place. However, some poor schlep working a Dunkins in a gas station, will still serve 10k people per shift. So death by a thousand paper cuts, is preferred over full and direct exposure.

meaning the MSP shows up at the WORCESTER mosque during Friday prayers. counts 35 and charges everyone there with a felony of high capacity worship?

and they are all PP people for life, if not convicted as being unsuitable?

Back
Top Bottom