• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Banning over 25 people?

See a lot of bitching but not a lot of practical solutions to this unprecedented contagion.

One expert is predicting 50-60% of the worlds population will be infected and the death toll will be 40-60 million.

Here is the science behind the urgent need to minimize social interactions to contain a virus 2-3 times more contagious and 3-4 times more deadly than common flu.

It’s a 20 page article, so stop complaining, educate yourself, then explain how you would have gone about solving the problem. Because the number of known cases in MA increased 25% in one day.

View: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Last edited:
One expert is predicting 50-60% of the worlds population will be infected and the death toll will be 40-60 million.

Yeah, I'm not buying into that bull shit any more than I am buying into AOC's climate predictions. Awareness and common sense will dramatically slow the spread of this virus. Places where good house keeping and hygiene are the norm will see dramatic improvement with even better practices.

Not restricting the child care centers somewhat defeats the purpose of slowing the spread of the virus.
When will this be declared as a biological warfare attack?

Or weddings or funerals. Well, at least maybe it will be quicker to buy something at Four Seasons.
lets say a birthday party? Friday prayers at the Worcester mosque. St patricks day observance at the Catholic Church etc...
what, if any, is the penalty?

meaning the MSP shows up at the WORCESTER mosque during Friday prayers. counts 35 and charges everyone there with a felony of high capacity worship?

and they are all PP people for life, if not convicted as

meaning the MSP shows up at the WORCESTER mosque during Friday prayers. counts 35 and charges everyone there with a felony of high capacity worship?

and they are all PP people for life, if not convicted as being unsuitable?

Hi capacity worship! [rofl][rofl2][pot]

See a lot of bitching but not a lot of practical solutions to this unprecedented contagion.

Here is the science behind the urgent need to minimize social interactions to contain a virus 2-3 times more contagious and 3-4 times more deadly than common flu.

It’s a 20 page article, so stop complaining, educate yourself, then explain how you would have gone about solving the problem. Because the number of known cases in MA increased 25% in one day.

View: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

50% of the world's population is 3.5B people. 3% of that is over 100M people. Even the expert's math sucks. Hell, if 50% of the population gets it, the drain on the WORLDWIDE health care network means a death rate similar to Italy. Now you're talking 200M people. Maybe 300M.

25% increase in cases in MA - so what? What's the increase in the last week, as a percentage, in South Korea and China? Let's extrapolate out that month. And let's look at how well we are doing to contain early (F Charlie Baker, but it's a necessary move).

As far as cases in the US, we've got a good # of them now, but we've got 12 in critical. TWELVE! Twelve critical. 69 dead. (As compared to It'Lee where 4 in 10,000 have/had it. At least it isn't growing considerably anymore. Seems the # of patients/day is stable.)

As far as the article, I got this far:

The coronavirus is coming to you.
It’s coming at an exponential speed: gradually, and then suddenly.
It’s a matter of days. Maybe a week or two.
When it does, your healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
Your fellow citizens will be treated in the hallways.
Exhausted healthcare workers will break down. Some will die.
They will have to decide which patient gets the oxygen and which one dies.

It was written 6 days ago. Turns out he might just be a bit wrong. (And I DO think that Social Distancing is a good thing right now. Just his sensationalism is at an 11.). He cherry-picks data to prove his points. It isn't necessary.

On the flip side, I got straight thru the drive-thru at Dunks this AM. That was nice for a change. No nasty-ass people ordering nasty-ass sammiches nuked in a microwave.

Yeah, I'm not buying into that bull shit any more than I am buying into AOC's climate predictions. Awareness and common sense will dramatically slow the spread of this virus. Places where good house keeping and hygiene are the norm will see dramatic improvement with even better practices.
But you have to have faith in your government. I one hundred percent believe that the virus will wipe us out. After all, they nailed it on global warming. I saw fish swimming in the street and piles of dead polar bears floating around where the ice used to be, just like Al Gore and the rest said. And I'm still fighting the sunburn I got from that big hole in the ozone layer. Why on Earth wouldn't I believe them now?

Do we think gun shops will close? Specifically FS?
They could do a "take out" style business. you show up, wait in your car, tell them what you need and give then your CC. They go in, get the stuff and bring it out to you.

Why getting ammo as "take out" should be any different than getting a pizza as take out?

so if you have a get hearing of 30 people at a private place, or a church what is the penalty?
Does a governor declared “ban” carry the force of law?

and what weight is it? A ban without any penalties is not a ban. Is just a suggestion.
Depends on the location and the owners connections. If it is a prime location, and the owner doesnt have good connections, I'm sure they will do whatever they can to take your license so one of their friends can move in.

Wife has a wake for her aunt today and the funeral tomorrow. Wake is on for "family" (not immediate family only). Funeral mass is immediate family, I think, but everyone is going to the cemetery. Bunch of geezers. I'm trying to talk her out of it.

On the same subject, NJ just implemented a STATEWIDE CURFEW from 8 p.m.—5 a.m. effective until further notice. Yikes!

I'm sure MA will put out a curfew soon... I'm surprised it isn't already in effect - similar to snow emergencies.

The National Guard should have been quietly deployed at the airports to help with the returning virus carriers from Europe. We're up the creek now. This can only be mitigated with accelerated isolation perimeters for a few weeks. The Governors, airports, etc., do not know how to handle the shituation.

So will law enforcement be standing at the doors of the grocery stores, malls, Target? Standing there with one of those little clickers counting how many enters and leaves, minus all employees in the stores.
Sorry you can't shop at Walmart today because they have all employees working and we can only let in two people at a time.

RC

Back
Top Bottom