• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Banned from Smith and Wesson forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got banned from the Smith and Wesson forum for daring to mention the future great President Hillary Clinton and her only opposition the wonderful Senator Elizabeth Warren. I just mentioned them but with the stuffy S&W forum if you do that I guess you offend their sensibilities.
I have noticed on this forum that you have to go quite a ways to offend anyone's sensitivities, that is called free speech in some places.

Private forums are under no requirements of free speech. I think many forget or overlook that fact. S&W has to do business in MA, and has to deal with national level politicians, and other realities many may not appreciate and likely do their best to avoid offending/pissing off/etc, politicians who may already have them in their sites (no pun intended) and don't want to supply them additional ammo (pun intended!) for the future.

I'd think simply removing your comment and a warning would have made more sense, unless you've had issues before and or, mods are instructed to ban anyone they consider not following forum rules, etc.

When I have been on that forum in the past, I stuck to discussing guns, usually S&W guns, which is the intent of that forum at the end off the day.

I think I have made about 50 posts there, very rarely go there, it has good info on S&W but not much else.
In re-reading it I was banned for a week. It IS a badge of honor! [rofl]
Oh come on Ben. You've been around. You know that forums have rules. [thinking]

Going to one forum to cry about being suspended on a different forum I feel is beneath you.

Private forums are under no requirements of free speech. I think many forget or overlook that fact. S&W has to do business in MA, and has to deal with national level politicians, and other realities many may not appreciate and likely do their best to avoid offending/pissing off/etc, politicians who may already have them in their sites (no pun intended) and don't want to supply them additional ammo (pun intended!) for the future.

I'd think simply removing your comment and a warning would have made more sense, unless you've had issues before and or, mods are instructed to ban anyone they consider not following forum rules, etc.

When I have been on that forum in the past, I stuck to discussing guns, usually S&W guns, which is the intent of that forum at the end off the day.

Huh?

Don't you understand that BOTH S&W forums are PRIVATELY owned and run. They have nothing to do with S&W other than that is their focus. Just like Derek has no ties to the 6 New England States (+ NY & NJ) government and does NOT have their blessing to run Northeastshooters.com!!

Thus, whoever owns the forum makes the rules and it has nothing to do with the mfr's sensitivities.

This. Its likely the actions of someone trying to keep the forums as PC as possible.

Huh?

Don't you understand that BOTH S&W forums are PRIVATELY owned and run. They have nothing to do with S&W other than that is their focus. Just like Derek has no ties to the 6 New England States (+ NY & NJ) government and does NOT have their blessing to run Northeastshooters.com!!

Thus, whoever owns the forum makes the rules and it has nothing to do with the mfr's sensitivities.

Private forums are under no requirements of free speech. I think many forget or overlook that fact. S&W has to do business in MA, and has to deal with national level politicians,

Once again, with feeling, THE S&W FORUM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE S&W COMPANY!

So the S&W Forum's decision have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with political/business decisions made by Smith & Wesson.

Once again, with feeling, THE S&W FORUM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE S&W COMPANY!

So the S&W Forum's decision have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with political/business decisions made by Smith & Wesson.
Nice screen name! Is that you, JMB? It's me, Mikhail!

I got banned from the Smith and Wesson forum for daring to mention the future great President Hillary Clinton and her only opposition the wonderful Senator Elizabeth Warren. I just mentioned them but with the stuffy S&W forum if you do that I guess you offend their sensibilities.
I have noticed on this forum that you have to go quite a ways to offend anyone's sensitivities, that is called free speech in some places.

Here was my post

---Quote---
You are lucky you don't live in Mass, they still treat him as if he were alive here and are constantly invoking him in conversations. With Hillary self destructing, get ready for a Liz Warren run, if you don't know much about the fake indian other than she fund raises for politicians and hates Wall Street and Big Banks while supporting the ExIm Banking regs you need to check her out, if is far left of Obama and will do what she can to restrict our rights "for the children".
But back to the OP post, if they can ban lead ammo and "armor piercing" ammo what is left? and how much will it cost, of course they will say a good shot only needs one shot to make a kill so even if each bullet is $20, that is affordable to all.

---End Quote---

Why would you care? There are a plethora of other gun forums on the Interwebs!

OP, there's probably someone as we speak making the opposite thread in the SW Forum. Unlike you, that member was banned from NES for posting excessive cat pictures.

So, gather your manly feelings and don't get butthurt.

Sent from my NSA issued device

Last edited:
They really control speech over there, I pulled the plug after a discussion about John Wayne. Leftist was making a point his name wasn't really John Wayne and and I said it's common for people to change their name, just look at Barry. The moderator flipped out that I was demeaning the office of the presidency and threatened me with being banned. I left, the truth is a sensitive subject to them.

I am selling all my S&W's WTF I don't see how an informed political opinion gets you banned!! Then again S&W has always been a little to the left in MA.....

Any Gen 3 pistols? I'll up the previous offers to $25.

They really control speech over there, I pulled the plug after a discussion about John Wayne. Leftist was making a point his name wasn't really John Wayne and and I said it's common for people to change their name, just look at Barry. The moderator flipped out that I was demeaning the office of the presidency and threatened me with being banned. I left, the truth is a sensitive subject to them.

John Wayne, my hero! Yesterday was his birthday! We need more people like John Wayne.

Ben,

Sorry you got bounced from them but you obviously did not read or heed their rules.

I think we should all create an account on the Smith and Wesson forum and educate these lemmings. They can ban us all but we'd get a lot of information out there that would make their heads explode in the process.

Let's not. And, please, stop the talk of forum wars. If a bunch of NES guys head over there to troll their forum, guess what they will do to NES?

So, no more talk of organized trolling. Last warning. Next person gets an infraction.

I think we should all create an account on the Smith and Wesson forum and educate these lemmings. They can ban us all but we'd get a lot of information out there that would make their heads explode in the process.

We're not going to start a war with another forum. Let them do their thing and we'll do ours. It's a big internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom