• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Banned from Smith and Wesson forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
I got banned from the Smith and Wesson forum for daring to mention the future great President Hillary Clinton and her only opposition the wonderful Senator Elizabeth Warren. I just mentioned them but with the stuffy S&W forum if you do that I guess you offend their sensibilities.
I have noticed on this forum that you have to go quite a ways to offend anyone's sensitivities, that is called free speech in some places.

Here was my post

---Quote---
You are lucky you don't live in Mass, they still treat him as if he were alive here and are constantly invoking him in conversations. With Hillary self destructing, get ready for a Liz Warren run, if you don't know much about the fake indian other than she fund raises for politicians and hates Wall Street and Big Banks while supporting the ExIm Banking regs you need to check her out, if is far left of Obama and will do what she can to restrict our rights "for the children".
But back to the OP post, if they can ban lead ammo and "armor piercing" ammo what is left? and how much will it cost, of course they will say a good shot only needs one shot to make a kill so even if each bullet is $20, that is affordable to all.

---End Quote---

Just imagine that you've been banned from the Bass Pro gun counter. No biggie.

This makes no sense at all. You were permanently banned for this? Did they give you a reason or cite a rule that you broke? Did you have any other posts in the thread that may have pissed them off?

Maybe you could post a link to the thread so we can see the context of the coversation. Pretty effed up if just that post got you banned. Maybe the mod is a raging liberal got butt hurt from your Hillary comments.

Anyways, who cares. The S&W forum is just behind the HK forum in the race for biggest douchebag collection.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how favorably some self proclaimed freedom lovers from out of state view granny Warren.

I am selling all my S&W's WTF I don't see how an informed political opinion gets you banned!! Then again S&W has always been a little to the left in MA.....

Did they give you a reason or cite a rule that you broke?
their rules of engagement say no political discussions. gonna guess since the post was "political", this was it. gonna also guess it wasn't the first time the op was being a rebel, hence the ban. is there any more to this story ben?

I am selling all my S&W's WTF I don't see how an informed political opinion gets you banned!! Then again S&W has always been a little to the left in MA.....

Sell them all to me, I will pay you $10 for everything, that will show those bastards.

Fudds gonna Fudd.

The absolute worst gun forum on the internet is the Colt forum, a bunch of old pharts that think they know everything since they are old. Their leader, some dealer in the midwest, basically walks on water and sells guns for stupid high prices.

I like the S&W forum, but you really need to watch what you post.

Realize that your m******* humor doesn't work all over the country. You are among friends here!

the homebrew forum that I participate in has a M******* specific subforum for just this purpose.

Chris

About a year ago I mentioned Obama's name in a post, so I guess mentioning Hillary and Warren was a repeat offense. I like that forum if you have a question on a S&W but I don't very often. The only reason I knew I was banned till the end of the month is because they emailed me. Since I rarely go there I wouldn't have known I was persona non-grata

The S&W forum has nothing to do with he S&W company. It isn't owned or operated by the company.

And, no, let's not troll the S&W forum.

Full disclosure: I haven't been back to the S&W forum after I was warned for responding harshly to that moron from VT who claims that the right way to fire a handgun is with your middle finger. Quite a number of folks over at the S&W forum were taking him seriously and responding favorably to his drivel.

Last edited:
He S&W forum has nothing to do with he S&W company. It isn't owned or operated by the company.

And, no, let's not troll the S&W forum.

Full disclosure: I haven't been back to the S&W forum after I was warned for responding harshly to that moron from VT who claims that the right way to fire a handgun is with your middle finger. Quite a number of folks over at the S&W forum were taking him seriously and responding favorably to his drivel.

You just have to make sure your index finger is pushed hard into the ejection port, sort of like M1 thumb, OUCH [rofl]

It never ceases to amaze me how favorably some self proclaimed freedom lovers from out of state view granny Warren.

Because she says "millionaires and billionaires" and "the system is rigged" all the time. This coupled with the general lack of understanding of basic economics that a lot of people have (ie: I'm not ultra rich, and it is an ultra rich person's fault I'm not) and boom you have her popularity.

People like to be lied to and told it isn't their fault and have a target to ridicule so they can feel better about themselves by putting others down.

I lurk that forum. Not a fann of the fuddery that comes out of these folks.

NES is the ONLY forum I really visit and spend way too much time on. Yes, there are mooks, but for the most part, its a brotherhood/sisterhood of men and women with skin in the game and the balls to show up at rallies, the statehouse and be counted.

I can't say that for a majority of the SW folks.

I thought NES was the only gun forum....I have never been on another...this one is Home to me [smile]

There are two S&W forums, I am a member of both but rarely go there. At least one has very strict rules wrt no political discussions. There are other gun forums with similar rules. Those rules aren't really that bad, as they tend to be technical forums focused strictly on the particular gun or topic (self-defense) and nothing else.

When you create/own a forum, you set the ground rules and as long as everyone is supposed to know what they are and you enforce them fairly I don't see a big problem.

Sell them all to me, I will pay you $10 for everything, that will show those bastards.

I'll raise that to $10 each!! [wink]

who cares? their forum, they can do what they want with it. This is the internet version of the news reporting about what color Miley Cyrus' hair is this week.

Many so-called freedom lovers are attracted by the lure "I will use government force to take something from someone else to give to you" or, alternatively, is in favor of taxes that someone else will pay.

All the more reason to stick with Ruger [wink] The 1911 forum can get bad sometimes too.

Any links to fun-to-read threads on the S&W forum? I'm bored at work and it's not even 9am.

likely no carpet in Miley's downstairs
but plenty of other things downstairs, I'm guessing....I'm so amazingly grateful (and so thankful to my awesome wife for teaching them to be ladies) that neither of my daughters ever idolized the Mileys/Britneys/Lohans etc etc over the past 20-plus years...

I must admit that I started off on the SW forum for a year or so then I found NES and havnt been back since. The one that I was on had some good info on SW guns but not much on the more general topics.

There are two S&W forums, I am a member of both but rarely go there. At least one has very strict rules wrt no political discussions. There are other gun forums with similar rules. Those rules aren't really that bad, as they tend to be technical forums focused strictly on the particular gun or topic (self-defense) and nothing else.

When you create/own a forum, you set the ground rules and as long as everyone is supposed to know what they are and you enforce them fairly I don't see a big problem.

I'll raise that to $10 each!! [wink]

Yeah, I've gotten a warning on another gun forum for a "too political" post. Their forum, their rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom