• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Banned from Grabagun

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Goes back a couple of years, but my FFL son in NH was told by Grabagun that he was off their dealer list. Reason was that they were tired of responding to ATF (couple of dozen) trace requests on guns that went from the mfrs to Grabagun, to him, to a guy in NH and finally to the famous "banana peel bandit" in Lexington, Mass. Remember him? My son did everything right, 4473s, BG check, etc. to the NH buyer. Lisa from Boston ATF visited my son and copied all the 4473s. No issues. No other details and I wonder how it all worked out. Jack.

Okaaaayyy. . . . . .

How recent was this?? I'd not even heard of GaG until about 3 weeks ago when searching for a cheap MCK.

They seem to be a volume business that has pretty stringent rules. Fast is not their thing. Cheap is. And they aren't shy about calling out people who complain on various ratings websites. Sorta funny.

Okaaaayyy. . . . . .

How recent was this?? I'd not even heard of GaG until about 3 weeks ago when searching for a cheap MCK.

They seem to be a volume business that has pretty stringent rules. Fast is not their thing. Cheap is. And they aren't shy about calling out people who complain on various ratings websites. Sorta funny.
I've purchased many of my guns through grabagun. Never had any problems....yet.

Details on this banana peel bandit? I’m out of the loop.

My only experience with grabagun was finding them while purchasing a BCM MCMR handguard. They were the cheapest, and the transaction was smooth.

Okaaaayyy. . . . . .

Grabagun is one of several online sellers who have a list of "ship to" dealers on file. If you are a dealer, you can keep a current FFL on file with them. Say you have a customer who wants a certain gun, they can order it themselves and pay for it and the shipping and specify the dealer that it will ship to. The dealer will receive it and transfer it to the customer for a pre arranged fee. Of course, all the AWB and "roster" crap will apply in Mass. Bunch of the FFLs here at the Mill in Littleton do this. Jack.

Has anyone else noticed they offer something really cheap and then you go to buy it and its mysteriously out of stock?

I think this is a cruel trick they concoct to drive traffic to their website.... they sell teaser guns as a sort of "Bait" and those go quickly, but they know a bunch of people will still click on the link, etc....

-Mike

off to Google Banana Peel Bandit..........

I got this on Duck-Duck...

giphy.gif

Reminds me of how tectonic plates move in subduction zones.
Drives me bananas...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I like how this thread is now the second hit when you google that

If you use google all the time it will be "NES biased..." and it will often return NES results first, in an attempt to cater responses to the
user. do the same in an incog/private window and you might get different results.

-Mike

If you use google all the time it will be "NES biased..." and it will often return NES results first, in an attempt to cater responses to the
user. do the same in an incog/private window and you might get different results.

-Mike
Witchcraft!

-Mike

3rd hit in a private window.

And Yes, I spend too much on NES

FWIW i'm a grabagun fan. they often have good prices on accessories (optics, magazines, etc). they have never been douchie about selling to those behind enemy lines. I would not rate their service or speed to the level of Classic Firearms or Top Gun Supply, but Grabagun is pretty solid in my book. With regards to banana peel bandit, I'm glad justice was served and this heinous criminal was stopped. It takes a real lunatic to hurt bananas like that. /sarc

Back
Top Bottom