• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BAN SWIMMING - "If it saves even one life!..."

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
Over the weekend another child died in a swimming pool, in Medford this time.

Obama and other have said about banning guns "if it saves even one life we need to do whatever it takes to stop it"

WELL every year hundreds of men women and children drown, in pools, lakes rivers and the ocean!

WE NEED TO BAN SWIMMING!

I said the same thing among some liberal/lefty friends.

I said, we should ban swimming pools... more kids are killed each year by drowning than guns.

Of course the went all loony on me.

They said, "No, we should be teaching our kids to learn to swim and be safe around water at a younger age like 1 years old"

I replied by saying we should teach our kids about gun safety and safe handling of firearms at a young age like 1 years old

The conversation ended.

lets just have a blanket ban on everything. jeezus, these politicians are really prime.

There really is a parallel, sadly, and guns, unlike swimming pools, are used in self defense far more than for homicides.

Unless there are defensive pool uses that I’m unaware of.

I said the same thing among some liberal/lefty friends.

I said, we should ban swimming pools... more kids are killed each year by drowning than guns.

Of course the went all loony on me.

They said, "No, we should be teaching our kids to learn to swim and be safe around water at a younger age like 1 years old"

I replied by saying we should teach our kids about gun safety and safe handling of firearms at a young age like 1 years old

The conversation ended.

465.gif

Have used same argument. I usually point out that it would not even require a law, just a zoning change.

I then tell them that if they are not serious about "even one life" they should shut the eff up about it.

We just need some common sense solutions...
I’m sure if we taxed and regulated the activity... those who consider themselves our betters will protect us from ourselves. Freedom is meaningless if one person has to die.........

Oh wait, i don’t care how many people have to die if mean those who live live free.

Not that I'm rooting for drowned children, but how many people drowned today vs we shot in VA? Is there a heyjackass version of pool drownings? I imagine this would be helpful on Monday.

Exactly! It’s easy to give up other people’s rights.

This is the essential difference. Very few people will the rights of others, when they're not impacted.

After the MG accident in Westfield, I did some poking around, and found that many more kids were killed in skiing accidents than MG shoots. The anti-MG people were mostly unable to see my corollary that neither activity is necessary to live, and that banning one is as valid as the other. Hell, a Trap shooter thought that it was a good idea to ban MG use, as "Nobody needs that." My point that "Nobody needs Trap shooting, either," was looked at as though I were a nut.

On top of the wasted water filling and draining those mofo's. And the harmful chemicals. Skin cancer from being in the direct sun for hours at a time.

BAN POOLS NOW!!!! Why aren't soccer mom's getting behind this?

Makes me so angry!!!
Where are the parents. Grŕrr

Over the weekend another child died in a swimming pool, in Medford this time.

Obama and other have said about banning guns "if it saves even one life we need to do whatever it takes to stop it"

WELL every year hundreds of men women and children drown, in pools, lakes rivers and the ocean!

WE NEED TO BAN SWIMMING!
water kills, ban water.
plus, you can get boiled in it.

Back
Top Bottom