• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BAN POOLS!!

Well, technically, we shouldn't BAN pools. We just need to place some safeguards. Such as- if you have a criminal record there is no way in hell you're going to get a pool. If you want a pool, first you have to take a swimming safety course. Then you have to wait for the swimming bureau chief to return your calls, then you get fed up, go to the swimming bureau in person and everyone gives you dirty looks, because EVERYONE knows that Pools are Dangerous. But, if you're patient, in a few months you might get a license to have a kiddie pool. However, If you're friends with the Swimming bureau chief, you can get an inground pool with a slide. Just make sure that you get a tent to go around it, because you don't want to scare people...

Slides were banned in the FPB (Fun Pool Ban) of 1994. Along with floating chairs, wet bars, and water polo nets.

C-pher said:
What if I brought my pool in from another state?

Well, I suppose if you brought it in from another state it's probably ok. But it either hasn't been through the rigorous testing that the UG (Underwater General) asks that all pool companies put their products through. Or, <gasp!> It might have failed the UG's strict requirements... So use it at your own risk.

derek said:
Slides were banned in the FPB (Fun Pool Ban) of 1994. Along with floating chairs, wet bars, and water polo nets.

I forgot to mention that the guy who was friends with Chief of the Swimming Bureau landed a SWEET deal on a Pre-Ban slide at Four Swimmers in Woburn...

I bought a Pre-Ban slide once. But it was old and every time I slid down it I would get fiberglass slivers in my ass.

If you brought the pool with you when you moved, then the answer is no; don't let some local know-it-all pool lincensing officer tell you that you have to provide them with a list of every pool you brought with you! If, on the other hand, you had the pool delivered after you established residence here, then you need to do the PF-10.

More people have drowned in Ted Kennedy's car than have been shot in my pool.

Ken

Not to be funny, really but how many pools are used in suicides every year?
From what I hear, a young woman tied a brick to her ankle and jumped in last week here in Plymouth. She did succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom