• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban on marijuana users owning guns is unconstitutional, U.S. judge rules

Is this even about being intoxicated? assumed it was about medical cards making you a PP? You arent banned from buying a firearm after purchasing alcohol, why the hell should you be banned after purchasing some weed?

Because Sammy thinks that even being in the same room as the Devil's Cabbage is enough to permanently revoke your right to be able to defend yourself. Didn't you read this thread?

Sammy, if you never tried weed, go buy an edible. probably something in the 50 mg range. A chocolate bar, some gummies, a brownie, whatever. Eat 1/10th of it, wait half an hour. If you enjoy what you are feeling, eat another 1/10th, but also at the same time, go order some food. The single greatest use THC has for human therapy is it's ability to increase appetite. Don't drive to get food, order some to be delivered. I promise that regardless of how much you ordered, you will still want more, so pace yourself. I also recommend having a lot of water on hand to deal with dry mouth. Like, a case. Now you are going to want to have something to concentrate on, so I recommend watching something animated. You can go Disney Renaissance, just not Dumbo, or something a little newer while still giving off some nostalgia vibes. Atlantis or Lilo and Stitch. My personal recommendation is Treasure Planet because it is over 20 years old and still looks better than any of the animated films made in the last 5 years.

Why am I encouraging you to take a federally prohibited substance? Because no one here can explain it to you how mundane of a drug THC is. Everything you have ever heard about it is most likely flawed or straight up disinformation. Weed however, is a psychoactive drug. If you take a lot of it, daily, over long periods of time, it will change the way your brain functions. In the same way ibuprofen destroys your liver, acetaminophen destroys your kidneys, smoking destroys your lungs, alcohol destroys your throat, stomach, liver, and kidneys. And because it is psychoactive, some people have bad reactions to it. My father went to UMASS Amherst in the late 70s back when it was a nationally recognized college. A freshman from idaho smoked some very potent hydro (back when hydro was a new thing and strain development was just starting to be dabbled in) and had either never had any kind of weed or had only had poorly grown outdoors. He ended up having a bad experience that made him decide that the only way out was stepping out of the 13th floor of the dorms. Coolidge Hall IIRC correctly. He did not survive.

Now if I was to compare that situation to what I am advocating for above, this would be like me telling you to buy not 1, but 2 100 mg bars/brownies and to eat both. Or like having someone who has never drank before eat 15 or 20 jello shots. Or taking ibuprofen for the stomach pains that the ibuprofen is causing. You get the thought process here? Something that is bad at high dose can be beneficial at low dose.

If I was to make a final comparison, every time someone links a study that lists of every person who has done bad things who also smoked weed, every time I hear about gateway drugs and weed, addiction and weed you sound like one of the gun control advocates talking about fully semi-automatic rifles. About shoulder things that flip up. About assault rifles. About how a 9mm will blow your lung out. about 30 rounds in half a second. about how much an ar-15 weighs. About how an AR-15 shots a 50 caliber bullet.

Which is why my suggestion is dip your toe in the water, find out what the other side of the fence is like, and if you really still feel the same way once you cross back over to your original side.

Sammy, if you never tried weed, go buy an edible. probably something in the 50 mg range. A chocolate bar, some gummies, a brownie, whatever. Eat 1/10th of it, wait half an hour. If you enjoy what you are feeling, eat another 1/10th, but also at the same time, go order some food. The single greatest use THC has for human therapy is it's ability to increase appetite. Don't drive to get food, order some to be delivered. I promise that regardless of how much you ordered, you will still want more, so pace yourself. I also recommend having a lot of water on hand to deal with dry mouth. Like, a case. Now you are going to want to have something to concentrate on, so I recommend watching something animated. You can go Disney Renaissance, just not Dumbo, or something a little newer while still giving off some nostalgia vibes. Atlantis or Lilo and Stitch. My personal recommendation is Treasure Planet because it is over 20 years old and still looks better than any of the animated films made in the last 5 years.

Why am I encouraging you to take a federally prohibited substance? Because no one here can explain it to you how mundane of a drug THC is. Everything you have ever heard about it is most likely flawed or straight up disinformation. Weed however, is a psychoactive drug. If you take a lot of it, daily, over long periods of time, it will change the way your brain functions. In the same way ibuprofen destroys your liver, acetaminophen destroys your kidneys, smoking destroys your lungs, alcohol destroys your throat, stomach, liver, and kidneys. And because it is psychoactive, some people have bad reactions to it. My father went to UMASS Amherst in the late 70s back when it was a nationally recognized college. A freshman from idaho smoked some very potent hydro (back when hydro was a new thing and strain development was just starting to be dabbled in) and had either never had any kind of weed or had only had poorly grown outdoors. He ended up having a bad experience that made him decide that the only way out was stepping out of the 13th floor of the dorms. Coolidge Hall IIRC correctly. He did not survive.

Now if I was to compare that situation to what I am advocating for above, this would be like me telling you to buy not 1, but 2 100 mg bars/brownies and to eat both. Or like having someone who has never drank before eat 15 or 20 jello shots. Or taking ibuprofen for the stomach pains that the ibuprofen is causing. You get the thought process here? Something that is bad at high dose can be beneficial at low dose.

If I was to make a final comparison, every time someone links a study that lists of every person who has done bad things who also smoked weed, every time I hear about gateway drugs and weed, addiction and weed you sound like one of the gun control advocates talking about fully semi-automatic rifles. About shoulder things that flip up. About assault rifles. About how a 9mm will blow your lung out. about 30 rounds in half a second. about how much an ar-15 weighs. About how an AR-15 shots a 50 caliber bullet.

Which is why my suggestion is dip your toe in the water, find out what the other side of the fence is like, and if you really still feel the same way once you cross back over to your original side.
I really doubt any amount of weed would make someone jump out a window. If that really happened, it wasn't the weed.

I really doubt any amount of weed would make someone jump out a window. If that really happened, it wasn't the weed.

You've never had someone have a bad experience where it gives them anxiety? As for if it really happened, I don't take my father for a liar, so I took him at his word, but obviously you aren't familiar with him or myself, so I get it. I suppose if you wanted to look through newspaper clippings in the Amherst/Hadley area for it, you could.

You've never had someone have a bad experience where it gives them anxiety? As for if it really happened, I don't take my father for a liar, so I took him at his word, but obviously you aren't familiar with him or myself, so I get it. I suppose if you wanted to look through newspaper clippings in the Amherst/Hadley area for it, you could.
Not calling you or your dad a liar. The story just sounds suspect. I have had friends get anxiety from weed. Nothing remotely close to suicidal.

Aside, I took a few semesters of psych class on Drugs, Mind, and Behavior. Really interesting stuff. Even ridiculous levels of THC do not induce that kind of behavior, unless there are underlying mental issues. Could also have been laced with other shit.

Not calling you or your dad a liar. The story just sounds suspect. I have had friends get anxiety from weed. Nothing remotely close to suicidal.

Aside, I took a few semesters of psych class on Drugs, Mind, and Behavior. Really interesting stuff. Even ridiculous levels of THC do not induce that kind of behavior, unless there are underlying mental issues. Could also have been laced with other shit.

Never said you did, just made it a point to mention I completely understand the taking with a grain of salt.

Could very well be a pre-existing condition, or that it had some extras on top. Which is why I mention it, as I anyone who does decide to experiment with THC should be aware of possibly deadly results if taken on a whim without knowing if any issues or medications they currently have could adversely affect the experience.

The basic point I was making, and part of the metaphor to the entirety of the post, was that without proper precautions (read: training) a good time can quickly become a bad time, and those unfamiliar with something should learn about it, maybe even experience it before blanket banning them.

Last edited:
Training? For weed?

No..... I edited it to make it more clear. The overall thought is people who have never taken THC speaking about its pro's and con's are like the gun control activists who don't understand what it takes to buy a gun or know how they function in the most basic way don't have business talking about them.

I thought I was with you after reading this post, but after seeing your post just above it talking about "deadly results" from taking THC on a whim I'm back to being not so sure. [smile]

It's like anesthesia, in extremely rare circumstances, people have adverse reactions and die. The odds are long, extremely long, but it occasionally happens. Could not even be related to the THC. Still safer than alcohol.

With the story I mentioned, I don't know why he did what he did. Was it laced? Did he have issues that it exacerbated? Did he have a potent reaction that trigger a hallucination? Was he suicidal to begin with and this let him finally do it? No ones knows. Even the thoughts I put forward are conjecture.

Last edited:
It's like anesthesia, in extremely rare circumstances, people have adverse reactions and die. The odds are long, extremely long, but it occasionally happens. Could not even be related to the THC. Still safer than alcohol.

I have never heard of a fatal adverse reaction to THC. I don't believe that it occasionally happens, unless as you say it isn't related to the THC, in which case it doesn't even make sense to talk about.

These days, douche bag drug dealers lace their stuff with fentanyl. In the 70s, it was pcp or lsd laced into weed.

I was a good boy and never touched the stuff, but a close person did and it effed him up badly. Not by the weed. Whatever it was laced with.

By which I mean, if someone jumped out a window after smoking a bone, it wasn't "just" a bone.

50mg is a shit load for people with no tolerance

50mg is a shit load for people with no tolerance

I went to a dispensary website to see what the mg are per gummy (I recall the spec as being pretty lightweight) and saw they now have "hot" sauce [laugh]

908e6c76f5131fa9d23301607460f50a

I have never heard of a fatal adverse reaction to THC. I don't believe that it occasionally happens, unless as you say it isn't related to the THC, in which case it doesn't even make sense to talk about.
I mean that in terms of anesthesia and weed. It can be a direct corollary reaction, allergic in nature. The sample may be contaminated. (for weed, think of this as laced). You could have it cause you to become anxious or manic or paranoid or all 3 taken to the extreme. Psychoactive drugs , and especially psychedelics, have unpredictable responses from people. It literally varies person to person.

I mean that in terms of anesthesia and weed. It can be a direct corollary reaction, allergic in nature. The sample may be contaminated. (for weed, think of this as laced). You could have it cause you to become anxious or manic or paranoid or all 3 taken to the extreme. Psychoactive drugs , and especially psychedelics, have unpredictable responses from people. It literally varies person to person.

Very few people are incapable of trying something in a safe and controlled way and deciding if it is right or not for them. What makes bans on alcohol, tobacco, pot or other drugs dangerous is, it encourages "kids" to try things because it's forbidden. Or peer pressure driven by the same ideas.

Stop with the bans already. No ban ever implemented in the entire history of mankind has EVER had the claimed, intended effect of keeping people from using or abusing that product. Every single ban has been a complete failure and always causes more harm than good.

However, if YOU need a "higher power" to guide you in making responsible decisions for yourself, then there are resources that you can access to help. One such is Mar-Anon, which is modeled after Alcoholics Anonymous.

From their website:

What is Mar-Anon?​

Over the years, some of us have tried to find support in Al-Anon or in Nar-Anon. Many desperate families have contacted Marijuana Anonymous (M.A.) looking for help. Mar-Anon is a 12-Step program designed specifically for those who are affected by another’s marijuana use.

Questions to determine if Mar-Anon could help you:​

1. Do you think someone in your life is addicted to marijuana?
2. Is marijuana use a source of conflict in your relationship?
3. Are you enabling chronic marijuana use – financially or emotionally?
4. Do you feel bad when other people doubt that marijuana can be addictive or harmful?
5. Do you worry that the addict has retreated from your relationship or from life?
6. Do you think marijuana use has changed the addict’s personality?
7. Have you ever been embarrassed or ashamed by the marijuana user’s habit?
8. Have you ever hoped the addict would “grow out of” using?
9. Do you try to get the addict to seek treatment for emotional/mental issues?
10. Have you attended other 12-step meetings for support and felt your specific concerns were not addressed?

How it works:​

Mar-Anon is a fellowship of those affected by another person’s marijuana use. Its foundation is the Twelve Steps, adapted from Marijuana Anonymous, which can be a powerful, life-changing tool. We come together to work the steps and offer hope, comfort and support for other members. We are not a religious group, instead we use the steps as a path of self-discovery and personal change.

DOs and DON’Ts (adapted from Al-Anon):​

DON’T take an addict’s choices or behavior personally
DON’T try to manipulate or control the marijuana addict
DON’T allow yourself to get stuck in a judgmental, contemptuous or bitter mindset DO keep the focus on yourself
DO take care of yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually
DO try to understand the nature of addiction as a disease
DO attend open Marijuana Anonymous meetings and read their literature
DO attend Al-Anon meetings and read their literature
DO respect the anonymity of all 12-Step program members and the confidentiality of meetings
DO contact Mar-Anon!

I wish you well and be safe.

Very few people are incapable of trying something in a safe and controlled way and deciding if it is right or not for them. What makes bans on alcohol, tobacco, pot or other drugs dangerous is, it encourages "kids" to try things because it's forbidden. Or peer pressure driven by the same ideas.

Stop with the bans already. No ban ever implemented in the entire history of mankind has EVER had the claimed, intended effect of keeping people from using or abusing that product. Every single ban has been a complete failure and always causes more harm than good.

However, if YOU need a "higher power" to guide you in making responsible decisions for yourself, then there are resources that you can access to help. One such is Mar-Anon, which is modeled after Alcoholics Anonymous.

From their website:

I wish you well and be safe.
marijuana-coke.gif

The way I see it is the government can not take your rights away because they never gave them in the first place. When we send people away to prison they still have their rights we are temporarily or (permanently) removing them from society and restricting their ability to acces those rights. I see no reason why a person in prison should not be able to own a firearm. Just like they are able to own anything else like a car or house . They just don’t have access to those things on account of all the concrete snd steel in their way. Similar to what another poster said just because someone is in jail does not mean the govt can turn their home into a military outpost.

Around college age is where mental illness symptoms can first manifest. If someone will have some sort of mental illness in their lifetime (this is typically prior to age 25), using cannabis can sometimes cause the initial symptoms to display themselves earlier than it would if the same person abstained from using cannabis (although cannabis cannot cause the mental illness itself).

A sudden confusing and disorienting onset of mental illness symptoms could cause suicidal ideation.

Also, the kid could have been contemplating taking their life prior to using cannabis as well.

Around college age is where mental illness symptoms can first manifest. If someone will have some sort of mental illness in their lifetime (this is typically prior to age 25), using cannabis can sometimes cause the initial symptoms to display themselves earlier than it would if the same person abstained from using cannabis (although cannabis cannot cause the mental illness itself).

A sudden confusing and disorienting onset of mental illness symptoms could cause suicidal ideation.

Also, the kid could have been contemplating taking their life prior to using cannabis as well.
I think we agree. Underlying conditions can lead to negative outcomes. Disorders are already present, but easy to blame on weed. Weed does not cause suicidal ideations. Huge amounts of acid, LSD, contrary to folklore, is safe in "normal" people. 7 hits doesn't make you crazy, according to a friend🤪🤣🤘

Drugs get a bad rap.🤣 Just avoid opiates and their ilk.

Letting people on drugs use gund. what can go wrong?

Come on.

There are a sh*t ton of prescription drugs that can mess you up, yet people can still own guns.

Let's ban alcohol purchases and consumption for gun owners. Alcohol has caused more rage related deaths than MJ.

Imagine that, getting flagged in a system for buying beer, or getting a strong pain killer prescription. The popo show up and take your guns.

Is this even about being intoxicated? assumed it was about medical cards making you a PP? You arent banned from buying a firearm after purchasing alcohol, why the hell should you be banned after purchasing some weed?
BECAUSE THE DEVIL LETTUCE!

IT IS A GATEWAY DRUG TO THE COCAINE, THE METHAMPHETAMINE, RAPE AND MURDER!

ONCE YOU SMOKE IT YOU ALLOWED THE DEVIL IN YOUR BODY!

SmartSelect_20230212_164407_Chrome.jpg

The weed that is available today is very powerful and it can and will cause one to hallucinate if they take more than their body can tolerate, similar to alcohol.
I worked with a woman whose boyfriend gave her some edibles without telling her how strong they were. She proceeded to hallucinate and they called for EMS. Upon waiting for the doctor to evaluate her, she decided to remove all of her clothing and run bare ass through the ED. Unfortunately for her, the ED staff were also her coworkers!
And no, I don't have any pictures, but I do know for sure it happened because she told me about her weekend adventure Monday morning!

The weed that is available today is very powerful and it can and will cause one to hallucinate if they take more than their body can tolerate, similar to alcohol.
I worked with a woman whose boyfriend gave her some edibles without telling her how strong they were. She proceeded to hallucinate and they called for EMS. Upon waiting for the doctor to evaluate her, she decided to remove all of her clothing and run bare ass through the ED. Unfortunately for her, the ED staff were also her coworkers!
And no, I don't have any pictures, but I do know for sure it happened because she told me about her weekend adventure Monday morning!
She sounds fun🤣🤪 but I'd not blame the weed.🤣🤣 If someone is taking huge amounts of any substance of unknown concentration, that's on them.
People overdose on all kinds of shit.
Drugs are inanimate substances. People have unfathomable limits of tardism.🤣 If it weren't for humans, drugs would not be a problem🤣

Come on.

There are a sh*t ton of prescription drugs that can mess you up, yet people can still own guns.

Let's ban alcohol purchases and consumption for gun owners. Alcohol has caused more rage related deaths than MJ.

Imagine that, getting flagged in a system for buying beer, or getting a strong pain killer prescription. The popo show up and take your guns.

yeah but can you ever get road rage while listening to phish?

Back
Top Bottom