• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban on manufacturing "assault guns" in Massachusetts

S&W can just move AR production to ME where they build the 22 simi auto pistols and 1911's. This will put a bunch of temp productions workers out of work. There are not that many real S&W employees working on the AR production line. Some may move to ME and the others will be reassigned in the factory.
SW should just move its operations to ME or NH.
In a factory right next to the MA State line.

F*ck MA.

... that submarine would be great for joy rides!
Submariner.jpg

Me neither, but that submarine would be great for joy rides!
No thanks. Count me out. I spent hours each workday in subs for 3 years. They remind me of working in a sewer tube, with deepest respect for those that work on them.
I thought one of the reasons S&W doesn't leave MA is that they have their own foundry?
I'm sure that is a huge reason. Moving all that humungous equipment isn't a trivial task.

BREAKING NEWS ******

S&W to open new factory in Texas after Ma**h***s tell them they can't manufacture common firearms

I read somewhere that Doctor mistakes kill over 500,000 people per year ! Shut down all the Medical schools in Ma. ?
3rd leading cause of death

4th leading cause - prescription drugs (not talking about OD)

However, if you dig a little deeper you find that these reported reactions only skim the surface of what’s really going on. You see, drug side effects are not always recognized as such. Doctors often attribute them to other causes, people downplay them or do not report them altogether. And when you add in other medical errors, unnecessary procedures, and surgery-related mishaps, well the modern health care system actually becomes the LEADING cause of death in the United States. Consider, for instance, that:
The recorded error rate of ICU’s is like the post office losing more than 16,000 pieces of mail every hour of every day, or banks deducting 32,000 checks from the wrong bank account every hour, 24/7.
The recorded medical errors and deaths equate to six jumbo jets falling out of the sky each day, 365 days a year.
Since 2001, a recorded 490,000 people have died from properly prescribed drugs in the United States, while 2,996 people died on U.S. soil from terrorism, all in the 9/11 attacks; prescription drugs are therefore 16,400 percent more dangerous than terrorism. If deaths from over-the-counter drugs are also included, then drug consumption leaps to being 32,000 percent more dangerous than terrorism. And conventional medicine viewed as a whole is 104,700 percent deadlier than terrorism

So did I, but I never wanted my own Polaris or Poseiden missile.
My first job out of college was with Honeywell Aeronautics and Defense (later spun off to form Alliant Techsystems, which in turn later spun off its sporting ammunition business as a stand-alone public company named Vista Outdoor). I was on the Aeronautics side, but did do some software work using the super computers of that day to simulate the effect of different designs of 20 mm armor piercing rounds when they impacted a piece of armor. It was a piss poor simulation, since you could only simulate a few thousand elements of the armor and even that took almost 8 hours of computer time. But that’s how I got to go to the under ground 100 yard test range where they actually tested the 20 mm rounds they were developing. It was in a suburb of Minneapolis and almost no one knew it was there (this was during the anti-war protests, so Honeywell kept their military production on the q.t.). It was an interesting experience to fire a 20 mm gun in a confined underground range.

I still want one of those 20 mm guns. Much more practical than a Polaris or Poseiden.

My first job out of college was with Honeywell Aeronautics and Defense (later spun off to form Alliant Techsystems, which in turn later spun off its sporting ammunition business as a stand-alone public company named Vista Outdoor). I was on the Aeronautics side, but did do some software work using the super computers of that day to simulate the effect of different designs of 20 mm armor piercing rounds when they impacted a piece of armor. It was a piss poor simulation, since you could only simulate a few thousand elements of the armor and even that took almost 8 hours of computer time. But that’s how I got to go to the under ground 100 yard test range where they actually tested the 20 mm rounds they were developing. It was in a suburb of Minneapolis and almost no one knew it was there (this was during the anti-war protests, so Honeywell kept their military production on the q.t.). It was an interesting experience to fire a 20 mm gun in a confined underground range.

I still want one of those 20 mm guns. Much more practical than a Polaris or Poseiden.
I was working in where s+w did their testing underground range too.

I was on the wall in a hallway on the back side and kept hearing Bangs and thumps...I was like what the ever living f*** are they doing in there looked in the window and they're blasting away lol

I was working in where s+w did their testing underground range too.

I was on the wall in a hallway on the back side and kept hearing Bangs and thumps...I was like what the ever living f*** are they doing in there looked in the window and they're blasting away lol
I’ve always been jealous of this guy:

I would love to see all gun manufacturers to leave states like MA, NY and CA and move to "free states."
Honestly it won't matter... I swear I should do pr... 800 jobs or however many employees s+w has isn't a big deal in those states its virtue signaling where both sides can get a win...pro gun can say yeah f you we're leaving for a place that doesn't suck and anti gun can say we're tough on gun makers we kicked them out of the state. So it's all feel good bs. I doubt anyone at the plant votes anti gun so the only people it affects really are the workers

but a Polaris missile would do a better job of breaching Nancy's wall than someone in a Toyota with a glock.
Are you more heavily stereotyping Toyota or Glock owners? What about someone in a Lexus with an H&K? (JK:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom