Baltimore Residents Blaming Murder Increase on Lack of Police After BLM Protesters Demanded Pullback

Baltimore has a homicide rate more than twice that of Chicago, but only about 1/5th the population.
Chicago has over 2.7M people, while Baltimore has only 620k. (which is slightly less than Boston)
The homicide rate in Chicago is 25 per 100k, for Baltimore it's 56 per 100k.
So your chances of being murdered are much greater in Baltimore.
Kansas City MO is worse than Chicago too, they're 37 per 100k.
So is ST. Louis, they're 35, while Detroit is 43.

Baltimore has a homicide rate more than twice that of Chicago, but only about 1/5th the population.
Chicago has over 2.7M people, while Baltimore has only 620k. (which is slightly less than Boston)
The homicide rate in Chicago is 25 per 100k, for Baltimore it's 56 per 100k.
So your chances of being murdered are much greater in Baltimore.
Kansas City MO is worse than Chicago too, they're 37 per 100k.
So is ST. Louis, they're 35, while Detroit is 43.

LOL.

Pop quiz: What's the common thread running thru all of these cities with a high murder rate?

Because it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that BLM is completely of full of shit.

Some statistics on Chicago vs Baltimore. I took a wild guess that the population statistics would closely correlate to the murder rate - turns out that they do.

Chicago (2010) :

White: 45%
Black: 32.9%
Hispanic: 28.9%
Asian: 5.5%

Baltimore (2010):

White: 29%
Black: 63%
Asian: 2%

So - as Zappa pointed out, the murder rate in Baltimore is more then double that of Chicago. The stats show that a certain segment of the population in Baltimore is approximately double that of Chicago ( as a percentage).

If you really want to look for high achievers - check out Kansas City (2010):

White: 52.9%
Black: 29.9%

Compare against Zappa's post on the murder rate. KC has some people working overtime.

If I was you Frenchman I would stick these simple stats away in the back of your mind for the next time somebody asks your opinion on Black Lives Matter. I'm thinking something along the lines of " Not to me they don't - because their lives don't matter to them either - here's the numbers - now STFU about it"

Business owners in Fells Point say the crime is out of control and is scaring customers away, so they’ve hired private security officers to patrol the streets.

Last year, 343 people were murder in the city. The violent spike in crime also found its way to the downtown and Inner Harbor areas.

The small business community has vowed to stop the bloodshed and keep residents and visitors safe. The Downtown Partnership shelled out a staggering $30,000 during the holiday season for extra security.

LINK: Security Guards Hired During Holiday Season Due To Uptick In City Crime

Baltimore has 614,664 population according to a Wiki page of US cities:

List of United States cities by population - Wikipedia

Similar sized cities in the US:

Louisville Kentucky: 616,261 (2015 murders = 84)
Las Vegas Nevada: 632,912 (2014 murders = 122)
Boston MA: 673,184 (2015 murders = 40)
Washington D.C. : 681,170 (2015 murders = 162)
Denver CO: 693,060 (2015 murders = 50)
Portland OR: 639,863 (2015 murders = 34)

I couldn't find one source that easily listed the murder totals - so I had to hunt around for the numbers for each city.

In any case - it appears Baltimore has a problem with over-achievers, since the city as a whole completely blows away
all the other comparable sized cities in their murder rate. They even make Washington D.C. - another city famous for
having a high murder rate - look like a bunch of slackers.

The administration failed the people of Baltimore. They used any excuse to burn & loot. They went after the police, because the "community" wanted it. Many police will become "retired on duty" until they can put their papers in. It's only self preservation, what did they expect?

Cops who have to slug through the sewers every day are gonna get a little dirty. The city of Baltimore created this cesspool and have decided to blame Whitie and The Man for all their problems. Watch a press conference, you can see how the city is run by morons.
Not morons, far left anti-police liberals. They have an agenda and it ends up destroying the inner city neighborhoods they govern. When you keep up the lie that the reason your life sucks is because of whitey and the man you make excuses so you don't have to acknowledge reality. Blacks are their own worst enemies, not whitey or the Cops. Remember what Charles Barkley said, without the police black neighborhoods would be like the Wild West.

Not morons, far left anti-police liberals. They have an agenda and it ends up destroying the inner city neighborhoods they govern. When you keep up the lie that the reason your life sucks is because of whitey and the man you make excuses so you don't have to acknowledge reality. Blacks are their own worst enemies, not whitey or the Cops. Remember what Charles Barkley said, without the police black neighborhoods would be like the Wild West.

It's not their agenda that destroys the inner city neighborhoods - it's the people who live there.

I would be willing to bet that if you replaced all the "inner city people" with some other type of people - crime would drop exponentially.

And that "Wild West" comparison is not really a good one. From everything I have read - the "Wild West" was not really all that wild. A lot of the shooting that went on - was people shooting down criminals.

That's not what happens in the "inner city" neighborhoods.

The administration failed the people of Baltimore. They used any excuse to burn & loot. They went after the police, because the "community" wanted it. Many police will become "retired on duty" until they can put their papers in. It's only self preservation, what did they expect?

The people of Baltimore got the administration they wanted. Which came first - the chicken or the egg? Who voted who into office?

It's not their agenda that destroys the inner city neighborhoods - it's the people who live there.

I would be willing to bet that if you replaced all the "inner city people" with some other type of people - crime would drop exponentially.

And that "Wild West" comparison is not really a good one. From everything I have read - the "Wild West" was not really all that wild. A lot of the shooting that went on - was people shooting down criminals.

That's not what happens in the "inner city" neighborhoods.

The fact that the same politicians also disarm the general population contributes to that somewhat too I'm sure .

Problem is this is not what the majority really want; its what their leaders are preaching and getting a wild minority follow. THIS IS WHAT THEIR LEADERS DESERVE, BUT THEN THEY USUALLY LIVE IN SAFER PLACES.

Pretty much the case with everything today. All those crazy mullahs have no problem with other people going kaboom.

All these idiots who preach blm are just loud morons who don't live anywhere near the communities they preach about. Just a sickening dissolution of society brought about by how many thumbs up they get on a stupid website run by the most sanctimonious dick of them all

Pretty much the case with everything today. All those crazy mullahs have no problem with other people going kaboom.

All these idiots who preach blm are just loud morons who don't live anywhere near the communities they preach about. Just a sickening dissolution of society brought about by how many thumbs up they get on a stupid website run by the most sanctimonious dick of them all

I think you'd be surprised at the level of people who think they're all sympathetic with the BLM "cause".

There are a number of churches around here - in lily-white "rich" towns - that are proudly flying BLM banners on the front lawns or on the sides of the church.

I worked with a guy (white guy married to Jewish woman - lives in a more-expensive "white town) - who got all indignant and pissed off when I started shitting all over BLM and the crap they are pushing one day when the subject came up.

There's a term people on the alt-right have been using for people who unthinkingly sympathize and defend things like feminism and BLM without really digging deep into what's really going on: Cucks.

I think you'd be surprised at the level of people who think they're all sympathetic with the BLM "cause".

There are a number of churches around here - in lily-white "rich" towns - that are proudly flying BLM banners on the front lawns or on the sides of the church.

I worked with a guy (white guy married to Jewish woman - lives in a more-expensive "white town) - who got all indignant and pissed off when I started shitting all over BLM and the crap they are pushing one day when the subject came up.

There's a term people on the alt-right have been using for people who unthinkingly sympathize and defend things like feminism and BLM without really digging deep into what's really going on: Cucks.

Actually I bet we are talking about some of the same places. I've seen the church signs in the whitest places imaginable

^^^^ haha, yea, I drive by the one in Sherborn on Rt.16 every day. I guessing the only people of color there are cleaning the church.

Actually I bet we are talking about some of the same places. I've seen the church signs in the whitest places imaginable

There is a church in what I believe is the center of Carlisle that has a BLM banner in their front lawn (or at least did the last time I went by)

The Unitarian Church building in Bedford (MA) center - did have a large BLM banner hung off the side of the building the last time I went by there.

I know I have seen it in other places too.

They was right...

"Put plainly, the causal effect of the investigations in these five cities [Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Riverside and Ferguson] – triggered mainly by the deaths of Freddie Gray, Laquan McDonald, Timothy Thomas, Tyisha Miller and Michael Brown at the hands of police – has resulted in 893 more homicides than would have been expected with no investigation and more than 33,472 additional felony crimes, relative to synthetic control cities. To get a sense of how large this number is, the average number of fatal shootings of African-American civilians by police officers in Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Riverside and Saint Louis, per year, is 12.5. Thus, even if investigations cured these cities of all future civilian casualties at the hands of police, it would take approximately 75 years to “break even.” Our estimates suggest that investigating police departments after viral incidents of police violence is responsible for approximately 450 excess homicides per year. This is 2x the loss of life in the line of duty for the US Military in a year, 12.6x the annual loss of life due to school shootings, and 3x the loss of life due to lynchings between 1882 and 1901 – the most gruesome years."

Biden just further raised the homicide and felony crime rate in Minneapolis.

"There is no free lunch. If the price of policing increases [in terms of risks to officers], officers are rational to retreat. And, retreating disproportionately costs black lives."

Last edited:
They was right...

"Put plainly, the causal effect of the investigations in these five cities [Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Riverside and Ferguson] – triggered mainly by the deaths of Freddie Gray, Laquan McDonald, Timothy Thomas, Tyisha Miller and Michael Brown at the hands of police – has resulted in 893 more homicides than would have been expected with no investigation and more than 33,472 additional felony crimes, relative to synthetic control cities. To get a sense of how large this number is, the average number of fatal shootings of African-American civilians by police officers in Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Riverside and Saint Louis, per year, is 12.5. Thus, even if investigations cured these cities of all future civilian casualties at the hands of police, it would take approximately 75 years to “break even.” Our estimates suggest that investigating police departments after viral incidents of police violence is responsible for approximately 450 excess homicides per year. This is 2x the loss of life in the line of duty for the US Military in a year, 12.6x the annual loss of life due to school shootings, and 3x the loss of life due to lynchings between 1882 and 1901 – the most gruesome years."

Biden just further raised the homicide and felony crime rate in Minneapolis.

"There is no free lunch. If the price of policing increases [in terms of risks to officers], officers are rational to retreat. And, retreating disproportionately costs black lives."
Doesn't matter. These were committed BY BLACKS, and the takeaway from the Chauvin verdict, as I said before, is blacks are entitled to live totally consequence-free lives.

In fact, it's still somehow Whitey's fault... even if every last white person were to vacate those places and leave the remaining residents completely to their own devices.

Doesn't matter. These were committed BY BLACKS, and the takeaway from the Chauvin verdict, as I said before, is blacks are entitled to live totally consequence-free lives.

In fact, it's still somehow Whitey's fault... even if every last white person were to vacate those places and leave the remaining residents completely to their own devices.
Then the problem would be "Abandonment," and whatever problems arose would be blamed on that.

Then the problem would be "Abandonment," and whatever problems arose would be blamed on that.

The blame would be for having “let it burn” - but as police, fire, EMT services are pushed out from larger and larger sectors, there’s more likelihood that these areas will burn completely. Not a solution, as the ‘burbs are the next target... It’s not the infrastructure that needs burning down, it’s the mentality that allows inhabitants to loot, loot, burn and move on.

Ghetto Borg... they did Black Bloc before it was a thing.

7D078157-CE02-4BBF-95C8-7E9AE53E0A23.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom