• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baltimore Residents Blaming Murder Increase on Lack of Police After BLM Protesters Demanded Pullback

latest

“We wanted the police there,” Scott insisted. “We wanted them engaged in the community. We didn’t want them beating the hell out of us, we didn’t want that.”

It's always someone else's fault. When the police provide their citizens with protection they say that the police are being too rough on criminals. Criminals who would kill a police officer without even blinking an eye. The truth is, if the police went away it would be like the middle east in New York, L.A. D.C. and Baltimore. If black lives matters really don't want police protection then just get the cops out of there and let them do what they really want todo, kill themselves. Why should any police officer lose his or her life trying to protect such an ungrateful people.

It is pretty clear they really don't want any police there. The police should comply and just abandon any such areas of the city where there is overwhelming hate for their presence. The people can figure out on their own how to self police. Maybe some gang leaders could do a better job... At least they would be accepted by the "community". I'm sure it would still be a disaster, but I will still have fun observing it all.

Plus I find it difficult to have sympathy for people who are so stupid that it never occurs to them that they can just leave. Anyone who doesn't like it is free to leave and try to make a better life for themselves.

It's always someone else's fault. When the police provide their citizens with protection they say that the police are being too rough on criminals. Criminals who would kill a police officer without even blinking an eye. The truth is, if the police went away it would be like the middle east in New York, L.A. D.C. and Baltimore. If black lives matters really don't want police protection then just get the cops out of there and let them do what they really want todo, kill themselves. Why should any police officer lose his or her life trying to protect such an ungrateful people.

Protect?

Ending up dead after being in police custody, the 2 or 3 examples of cops planting drugs being caught by their own body cameras, and forcing cops who blow the whistle on misconduct to quit by threatening him and his family, leaving dead rats on his cars, and refusing to respond when called for backup, yeah, that’s a loose definition of porotect.

Surely there is a middle ground where cops don’t kill and frame people but still take have a role, no?

Protect?

Ending up dead after being in police custody, the 2 or 3 examples of cops planting drugs being caught by their own body cameras, and forcing cops who blow the whistle on misconduct to quit by threatening him and his family, leaving dead rats on his cars, and refusing to respond when called for backup, yeah, that’s a loose definition of porotect.

Surely there is a middle ground where cops don’t kill and frame people but still take have a role, no?

Tell me how many people do you think get arrested in a year in this country verses how many die in police custody ? This is the same old BS we hear on CNN. Let's forget about the gangbangers, rapists and all the other criminals who cause an enormous amount of pain and suffering and put the spotlight on the police. Where is my violin ? Yes , far too many bad guys get hurt, but remember it is the life they have chosen to live. And if we lived in a perfect world none of these things would ever happen, but guess what ? This is not a perfect world. But thank heavens we have someone to blame like the police.

It is pretty clear they really don't want any police there. The police should comply and just abandon any such areas of the city where there is overwhelming hate for their presence. The people can figure out on their own how to self police. Maybe some gang leaders could do a better job... At least they would be accepted by the "community". I'm sure it would still be a disaster, but I will still have fun observing it all.

Plus I find it difficult to have sympathy for people who are so stupid that it never occurs to them that they can just leave. Anyone who doesn't like it is free to leave and try to make a better life for themselves.

Since the "community" can't seem to figure out what the hell they want, I agree: the correct course of action is to just pull back and let them solve the problem themselves.

It's potentially a self solving problem. If enough people get murdered the problem will go away.

The "black community" as a whole - is pretty much solely responsible for all of it's own problems.

The crime statistics are pretty clear cut on that fact.

If the cops kill blacks then why are their more blacks in prison instead of the morgue.

The "cops kill more blacks" thing - is a lie.

Read this: The Color of Crime - 2016 Revised Edition

The Color of Crime, 2016 Revised Edition - American Renaissance

Some high points:

Major Findings

• The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
  • There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
  • In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a non-black to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.
  • In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
  • In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting” — defined as firing a bullet that hits someone — a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely.
  • If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
  • In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
  • In 2015, a black person was 2.45 times more likely than a white person to be shot and killed by the police. A Hispanic person was 1.21 times more likely. These figures are well within what would be expected given race differences in crime rates and likelihood to resist arrest.
  • In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks.
  • Both violent and non-violent crime has been declining in the United States since a high in 1993. 2015 saw a disturbing rise in murder in major American cities that some observers associated with “depolicing” in response to intense media and public scrutiny of police activity.
The past two years have seen unprecedented concern about racial bias in law enforcement. Deaths of young black men at the hands of the police led to serious rioting in Ferguson, Missouri, and in Baltimore. These and other deaths gave rise to the Black Lives Matter movement, which has carried out hundreds of demonstrations across the country and even in Canada. It is widely assumed that the police and the courts are strongly biased — certainly against blacks, and probably against Hispanics.

This problem cannot be fully understood by concentrating on a few cases, no matter how disturbing they may first appear. There were an estimated 11,300,000 arrests in the United States in 2013, the overwhelming majority of which were carried out properly. It is only in a larger context that we can draw conclusions about systemic police bias or misbehavior. This larger context is characterized by two fundamental factors. The first is that different racial groups commit crime at strikingly different rates, and have done so for many years. The second is that crime, overall, has declined dramatically over the last 20 years. Only after considering these points is it possible to draw well-founded conclusions about police bias.

From these data it can be calculated, first, that a great deal of violent crime — 40 to 60 percent — is committed within the races. However, when violence crosses racial lines it does so in a very unequal manner. In 2012 and 2013, blacks committed an annual average of 560,600 crimes of violence against whites whereas whites committed only about 99,400 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

(go to the site to see the table - it won't transfer into the forum)

Data Source: BJS, National Crime Victimization Survey, 2012–2013, Special Tabulation

Both positions must be evaluated in light of several considerations. First, blacks who commit assault, robbery, and rape are likely to be members of the underclass, who live in largely black neighborhoods. If they chose victims without regard to race they should be more likely to encounter other blacks rather than whites. Second, black/Hispanic interracial crime fits the same lopsided pattern: Of the 256,074 violent crimes involving those two groups, blacks were perpetrators 82.5 percent of the time. Unlike the nearly five-fold difference in numbers between blacks and whites, there are only about 30 percent more Hispanics than blacks. The high black-aggressor figure suggests that blacks may also deliberately target Hispanics — perhaps even more than they target whites.

The imbalance can be expressed differently: When whites commit violence they target other whites 82.4 percent of the time, blacks 3.6 percent of the time, and Hispanics 7.8 percent of the time. In other words, white violence is directed overwhelmingly at other whites. When blacks commit violence only a minority — 40.9 percent — of their victims are black. Whites are 38.6 percent and Hispanics are 14.5 percent. Hispanic assailants also attack their own group less often than they attack others. Their victims are: Hispanics — 40.1 percent, whites — 50.7 percent, and blacks — 4.7 percent.

Finally, interracial crime can be expressed in terms of the greater or lesser likelihood of a person of one race to commit violence against a member of the other. In 2012/2013, the actual likelihood of attack was extremely low in all cases, but statistically, any given black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white and six times more likely to attack a Hispanic than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white than the reverse.

The Department of Justice keeps national records on murder. In 2013, it reported 5,621 single-offender, single-victim cases in which the race of the murderer was known. Like most federal statistics, there is no clear distinction between whites and Hispanics, so the only meaningful racial categories are black and non-black. Blacks killed 2,698 people — 48 percent of the total — and non-blacks killed 2,923 or 52 percent. Since blacks were just 13.3 percent of the population, it meant a black was six times more likely than a non-black to commit murder. Although most murders are within the same race, blacks were 13.6 times more likely to kill non-blacks than non-blacks were to kill blacks.

There's a whole section on people getting shot by police - long story short the whole "more black people get shot by police" - claim does not hold up once you look at the crime rate for the black population as a whole and also factor in that a criminals tend to get shot more by police than law abiding citizens do.

For as many issues I have with police, I don't think the answer for Baltimore is a cop on every street corner. The answer is the community keeping kids from becoming criminals by showing them that work makes them free and gets them more money, without the possibility of a drive by shooting.

This is really the answer to help reduce crime, it's better communities, faith, patriotism, and belief in a Supreme Judge.

Communism doesn't accept those beliefs.

Problem is Baltimore is just a big welfare city and the inner city minorities just want those foods stamps and subsidized housing so the people who do work can feed their kids and keep them warm.

So they can grow up to be another victim of crime or be a criminal themselves.

This is the result of voting Democrat, which is no different than the Central Party of the USSR in the 1950s.

I think they deserve whatever they get.

Problem is this is not what the majority really want; its what their leaders are preaching and getting a wild minority follow. THIS IS WHAT THEIR LEADERS DESERVE, BUT THEN THEY USUALLY LIVE IN SAFER PLACES.

The "black community" as a whole - is pretty much solely responsible for all of it's own problems.

The crime statistics are pretty clear cut on that fact.

I totally agree with you on this point. If we were to attempt to add this fact to a conversation it probably wouldn't end well. We would be called a racist and marked as such while they completely ignore the facts.

The "cops kill more blacks" thing - is a lie.

Read this: The Color of Crime - 2016 Revised Edition

The Color of Crime, 2016 Revised Edition - American Renaissance

Some high points:

There's a whole section on people getting shot by police - long story short the whole "more black people get shot by police" - claim does not hold up once you look at the crime rate for the black population as a whole and also factor in that a criminals tend to get shot more by police than law abiding citizens do.

Great read. Thank you for sharing.

No poop!!!! Bill "Hold my beer and let me get a handy" Clinton could have told you that. He came in with anarchy in the streets (and democracy in the sheets). What did he do? He helped spend billions of federal $ to hire more local police officers. IIRC, they paid 100% of the first-year salary and then 50% (I think) of the second year of every new officer up to a certain % of the force. (You couldn't hire all you're relatives and triple your force just to get $$$.)

Shockingly. . . . . more police = less dirtbags doing stuff.

Protect?

Cops who have to slug through the sewers every day are gonna get a little dirty. The city of Baltimore created this cesspool and have decided to blame Whitie and The Man for all their problems. Watch a press conference, you can see how the city is run by morons.

I find this "black lives matter" statement a little too general. I constantly get in trouble because every time someone says that, or ask my opinion about it, my answer is "not to me they don't". Same goes for brown, yellow, blue, white or purple lives. I'm way past the point where I give a shit about any lives except for those of my family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom