Ballistol - anyone use it?

I know hickok mentions it, can't see a reason to buy it to try it at the moment. I'm bouncing between Eezoz, Breakfree CLP, and MPro7 right now. The newer Breakfree I have doesn't stink.

I stopped by the Ballistol booth at the SHOT show, there's no denying Hickok has been a big part of their recent success in the US. If he isn't getting paid by them there is nothing right in this world.

MPro7 and Ballistol user here. I use the shit out of both. MPro7 does well in cold weather (BCG, friction points, etc) while Ballistol acts as my cleaner and conditioner, leave on lube. Good combo. I buy the jumbo pack from amazon.com (using the Comm2A link of course).

Both are also non-toxic which is a plus.

I just bought some on amazon after watching Hickok 45 use it and recommend it. I couldn't believe the stuff that came out of barrels that I already cleaned, it works on wood and leather too and I didn't mind the smell.

I've been using frog lube for about 2 months on my M&P Shield and it's been pretty freakin awesome on the slide inside and outside as well as the barrel inside and outside, actually it's down right amazing on the barrel it's a great self lubing lube, after a range session you can literally run 2 dry patches the ought the barrel and on the 3rd patch the barrel is completely clean. It's not so good on the hard to get spots in the trigger area internals.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

Ballistic is like Brito, it makes old bodies new........
I have a screen to a sliding patio door that would always squeal when you opened it. I've tried all kinds of stuff to lubricate it but it would only last a week or do. Last spring I used Ballistol and not only did it last through the fall but made the slide virtually silent!
Oh, great for guns too!!![smile]

Ok, Ballistol works well. But it smells like cattle farts.

Mind, I say this because Bullfrog Rusthunter works about as well and smells like butterscotch. So... given the choice...

I cut it 50/50 with water to remove black powder residue in a Hawken musket replica. It works well, also use that mixture on the wood. Full strength to lube and hose it down between shoots. I see that the Ballistol site recommends 75% water for removing BP residue, I'll try that too.
Per Hockok45, I use it (undiluted) to clean my AO 1911. I seems a little thin for the slide so I add some light grease or Mobile 1 to the rails. Still I'm noticing some increase wear/slop/rattle after a few hundred rounds. Any suggestions for reducing rail wear?, not to change the subject..

I picked up some at the standish show last year.
Cleans good, but I don't know how it can soak into the metal as they claim.
Rather it's a thin lubricant that doesn't seem to gum up or collect debris like oil. Also used it to clean up an old wood stock that was beat up and moldy

I Love the smell.

I've been using it for several years now, the smell doesn't bother me. It does a good job on my guns, I do use grease where needed. Most importantly, it doesn't give me the nasty headaches that Hoppes does.

to paraphrase "Archer", it smells like Indira Ghandi's thong... but it works great if you shoot a lot of corrosive primer stuff. I cut it 50/50 with water...

I have some that I have not used yet. Only heard good things about it. I'm looking forward to trying it, but have to finish my Hoppe's first. I actually like the smell of Hoppe's, not sure if that is weird or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Hmm.....I like the smell....and it works awesome on everything I have...guns that is. Seriously, good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom