Ballistic Advantage 13.7 Upper

Going off the Larue thread, I'm looking for opinions on Ballistic Advantage, and this upper in particular.
Looking for something to match an operator/gucci tier lower I picked up, I want to do it right the first time. Buy once cry once.
I don't know a lot but I know the right answer isn't an upper that costs less than the trigger.

Just want to make sure it's balanced, don't wanna be that guy with wish.com lpk in a gucci lower, or an expensive, high quality lower and an upper that a nerf gun outshoots.

Buy a bcm... like a hundred bucks more and a very very good brand.

Or if you have the lower go to laure and build the rest of the gun for 800 lol

Idk a thing about BA however I know they're cheaper... which isn't always the end of the world...just they've been around a while and are still cheaper. If you want an aero you can find them for less. Don't get ripped off because parts are scarce right now

BA makes great barrels. This is likely a decent product problem is they have no BCGs etc. And you can get the lighter Aero S1 HG if you look around... assuming you don't have a raft of crap you want on the top rail....

I'd keep looking.....

Aero bought out BA. BA was one of the barrel providers for Spikes and some other companies. No idea if they all still use them now. They make good stuff.

Idk a thing about BA however I know they're cheaper... which isn't always the end of the world...just they've been around a while and are still cheaper. If you want an aero you can find them for less. Don't get ripped off because parts are scarce right now
From what I’ve seen, BA barrels are usually more precise than BCM barrels. I picked up an 11.3” Hanson profile BA barrel for a lightweight upper for my wife that I’m curious to try. But haven’t taken it to the range yet. The fit and finish far exceed what the price would indicate. Aero as a whole, to include BA, conduct QC at a level way above and beyond their price point.

Longevity is a different story when comparing to BCM barrels. My wife won’t be doing full auto or repeated mag dumps though.

From what I’ve seen, BA barrels are usually more precise than BCM barrels. I picked up an 11.3” Hanson profile BA barrel for a lightweight upper for my wife that I’m curious to try. But haven’t taken it to the range yet. The fit and finish far exceed what the price would indicate. Aero as a whole, to include BA, conduct QC at a level way above and beyond their price point.

Longevity is a different story when comparing to BCM barrels. My wife won’t be doing full auto or repeated mag dumps though.
Fair and aero makes good stuff if they bought them they're probably ok... just for me I'd roll out a bcm. I have 2 and they're excellent guns.

Fair and aero makes good stuff if they bought them they're probably ok... just for me I'd roll out a bcm. I have 2 and they're excellent guns.
Yeah, BCM’s QC policies are very thorough.

And the amount of abuse they’ve taken and they keep on trucking is pretty good. Ever since the old Pat Rogers days, they continue to take abuse. Hard to go wrong with BCM.

So if you’re building from scratch, a BA barrel isn’t that bad. They’re accurate. They are QPQ not chrome lined. Supposed to be just as hard, but more accurate. BCM has awesome QC, but their barrels are ok at best. They will last a long time, but you’ll never get anything better than acceptable accuracy from it. My 18” Rifle has a BA barrel and it’s real accurate with 77grn SMK. My BCM is just a workhorse and shoots 62gr just fine.

So if you’re building from scratch, a BA barrel isn’t that bad. They’re accurate. They are QPQ not chrome lined. Supposed to be just as hard, but more accurate. BCM has awesome QC, but their barrels are ok at best. They will last a long time, but you’ll never get anything better than acceptable accuracy from it. My 18” Rifle has a BA barrel and it’s real accurate with 77grn SMK. My BCM is just a workhorse and shoots 62gr just fine.
Yeah I guess it depends how buildy you wanna get and how much you wanna spend.

Whole upper id probably grab larue bcm...

If I'm building it id buy a daniel defense barrel.

But if you're looking for slow fire match grade there are better options than bcm if your looking to play room kicking bad ass in your basement hard to not get a bcm.

The other thing that seems to happen right now is every meat head with a lathe is turning out "custom" products

If you go on gun.deals there are lots of new companies cropping up. Like I said idk BA all that well. So id have stayed away without doing much research.

Not really I can find pretty much anything I want.

But I don't want cheap stuff to begin with lol
Online or local? Everywhere I've looked good quality bcgs and upper receivers are OOS. Checked about a dozen sites yesterday. Sure I can get some colt or AR stoner parts but, why bother.

Online or local? Everywhere I've looked good quality bcgs and upper receivers are OOS. Checked about a dozen sites yesterday. Sure I can get some colt or AR stoner parts but, why bother.
Uhohh the pony boys are about to ride on your ass...

Online its definitely harder to source them but they are out there.

I didn’t seek out the BA barrel. I bought an Aero upper and hated the handguard. But it was an Aero proprietary rail/upper, probably why I got it so cheap. In order to change to a BCM rail I had to change the upper. All that I kept from that Aero upper was the barrel.

I can confirm that BA does NOT dimple their barrels for the gas block.

Back
Top Bottom