• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bald Eagle Shot In NH.

They should rebuild that bird like Steve Austin so when its released it can go kick that shooters a*s - [smile]

They can make him better than he was ... better, stronger, faster .....

What a tragedy.

I bet it happened down by the river.

I'll never be able to look at another motivational poster in the same way again.

By the looks of it, I could understand why someone could mistake it for not being bald

bald_eagle_Millsfield_NH_09.jpg

I don't care how many of them they are, and if they are still protected as a migratory bird. They should have kept them on the endangered species list so they can wack people harder for things like this. There still aren't enough of them around...

Pheasant flushes, as you're squeezing one off, goofy bird swoops in for the kill and gets it himself.
Alot of hunters still go by the line of thinking that you should know your target BEFORE you pull the trigger. According to what I learned in Hunter Safety most Eagles are shot because the person pulling the trigger never took the time to even try and identify their target.

i really don't care what the shooters excuse is (notice i didn't say hunter), he/she should be severely punished. There is no way an Eagle, Hawk, Ospray could be confused for a game bird. This was done on purpose......[angry]

Pheasant flushes, as you're squeezing one off, goofy bird swoops in for the kill and gets it himself.

Not likely in this case - bald eagles don't feed that way. Why make up excuses for some a-hole who's giving us all a black eye?

I didn't know I was making up an excuse. I thought that this is how birds attack and was giving an alternative explanation.

As opposed to an un-special bird, how do eagles attack?

I didn't know I was making up an excuse. I thought that this is how birds attack and was giving an alternative explanation.

Regardless on how eagles attack it doesn't change how a responsible hunter is suppose to hunt. You are suppose to be sure of your target before you pull the trigger every time. The other poster knows of this and that might be why he said you were making an excuse for someone else's bad behavior. That would be my guess.

As a small positive note- I actually saw a Bald Eagle for the first time in Massachusetts the other day. Right by the Merrimac River on the Methuen/Andover line. Was just driving down Rt. 93 and there it was.

As a small positive note- I actually saw a Bald Eagle for the first time in Massachusetts the other day. Right by the Merrimac River on the Methuen/Andover line. Was just driving down Rt. 93 and there it was.

I live on the Merrimack and see them so often I stopped pulling out the binoculars. If you want to see more just park on Deer Island between Newburyport and Amesbury and take a walk down to the shoreline.They are making quite a comeback, though they won't last if fools shoot them.

I live on the Merrimack and see them so often I stopped pulling out the binoculars. If you want to see more just park on Deer Island between Newburyport and Amesbury and take a walk down to the shoreline.They are making quite a comeback, though they won't last if fools shoot them.
Thank You for the heads up. My wife and I will have to check it out.[wink]

That's a great place to go. I got both these shots there.

baldeagle.jpg

This is a juvenile.

baldeagle2.jpg

i really don't care what the shooters excuse is (notice i didn't say hunter), he/she should be severely punished. There is no way an Eagle, Hawk, Ospray could be confused for a game bird. This was done on purpose......[angry]

+1. It's pretty easy to see the difference. The profiles and how they fly couldn't be more different.

I live n the Merrimack as well and we have a pair that's been nesting across the street from us every winter for several years now.

Makes me sick to think of some a-hole shooting one for the Hell of it.

Well, they don't really "attack" at all. Bald eagles live primarily on fish, but will also eat carrion. They probably wouldn't even recognize a live pheasant or any other game bird as potential food, and wouldn't know what to do about it if they did.

Back
Top Bottom