• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker Supports Use of Terrorist Watch List to Control Gun Rights

Remember when Democrats were all opposed to these actions when Bush was president? Now all of a sudden they are all in with their support.

They will find a way to blame G. W. Bush - it's only a matter of time. "Never take credit for your mistakes. Find someone else and make them to blame."

The NJ legislature passed this a year or two ago and christie signed it. He still supports it.

I sure these guys are on the list, go collect them yourself Baker.

hqdefault.jpg

No issue with letting them immigrate, just can't buy a gun.

The absurdity of this extra-judicial denial of Constitutional Rights by secret Executive Branch agents is on par with a Kafka novel.

In the Marines I was stationed in Hawaii, but our higher headquarters was in Okinawa, so we would occasionally have to fly there to conduct regimental level training exercises. One day we were at Honolulu International trying to check in for a flight to Okinawa (we always few commercial), and our battalion intel chief was not allowed to check in for the flight. Somehow this Marine, who was flying on orders and also had a TS/SCI security clearance, ended up on the no-fly list. He missed the entire exercise and it took a few months for the issue to get sorted out.

I once read about a 3 year old that managed to get himself on the no fly list and I have to say, I would feel much safer knowing he will no longer be able to just walk into a gun store and load up for war.

My nephew is on that list, he was flagged when he was 4yrs old flying to disney! We're screwed.....

I don't see how this passes legal muster, but if implemented we should fully expect the list to be expanded dramatically. It's a small step for them to take from where we are now, which is a world where the US government labels people as potential domestic terrorists for believing in liberty and the constitution.

it's a dangerous tool for all Americans when you create a list and nobody knows how to get on it or even if they are on it until they try to fly or buy a gun. Then there is no way to get off of it....very dangerous for America indeed.

Big surprise, trump is open to the no fly list ban on buying guns.
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/rubio-bush-kasich-trump/2015/12/06/id/704747/
But he's not a liberal.

The difference between Rep and Dems isn't conservative or liberal. They both have co-opted those terms, and they don't mean what each represents. If anything, "liberal" and "conservative" reflect economic position, ie who they think should own the means of production.

They are all Statists, and the difference in their policies reflects the political basis from where they draw their power, which, ironically, both sides usurp from the People who put them in power.

The difference between Rep and Dems isn't conservative or liberal. They both have co-opted those terms, and they don't mean what each represents. If anything, "liberal" and "conservative" reflect economic position, ie who they think should own the means of production.

They are all Statists, and the difference in their policies reflects the political basis from where they draw their power, which, ironically, both sides usurp from the People who put them in power.

^^^THIS^^^

In the Marines I was stationed in Hawaii, but our higher headquarters was in Okinawa, so we would occasionally have to fly there to conduct regimental level training exercises. One day we were at Honolulu International trying to check in for a flight to Okinawa (we always few commercial), and our battalion intel chief was not allowed to check in for the flight. Somehow this Marine, who was flying on orders and also had a TS/SCI security clearance, ended up on the no-fly list. He missed the entire exercise and it took a few months for the issue to get sorted out.

This is a textbook example of what's wrong with the no-fly list.

It's no surprise statists are in favor of this, while constitutionalists and libertarians are against it.

Secret lists. Welcome to communist USA comrade. Where list flys you to Guantanamo.

If the terrorists cause the US of A to turn into Britain, a surveillance non free state, then they don't have to kill us physically. They'll have succeeded killing us spiritually and conceptually.

Half of America is already mentally dead sheep.

[video]https://youtu.be/wcMVMStrlxs[/video]

So you get on the list because you are suspected of something.....anything really....and you have committed no crime but because you are on the list you lose rights without due process. No probably cause....no crime and you are criminalized. This needs to be challenged and this can not hold up.

Back
Top Bottom