Baker State of Emergency

Da_lucche

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Demokratic People's Republik of Massachusux
Jesus christ...no matter what forum I am on, Doomers are there.

I love all these "my mother knows someone who knows the secretary who knows the 2nd cousin removed of the 5 star general's mother in laws aunt landscapers brother that we will shutdown next week, wait on Monday, no on Sunday " posts

None of you know anything so stop acting like the frantic hysteric fear mongering media and their bullshit. Posting an opinion piece catorgized under "secret news" from the Washington rectal examiner isnt a source

So the vocal minority from the cesspool known as twitter is yapping about Baker needing to shut down mass?

Not sure how in the world Baker would be able to realistically explain shutting down this state when we are doing better than any other with the amount of cases we have.

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
They shut down Waltham, Wayland, Watertown, etc for a manhunt for an unarmed 19-yo stoner, a shelter-in-place order wouldn’t surprise me in the least. MA has the 9th most cases in the US? Given only one death so far. Anyone that thinks that this can’t/won’t happen simply has not been paying attention

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well looks like I was wrong and Baker gave in to all the chicken littles. What a stooge.

It seems gun stores are not part of the "essential" list as well.
My guess is that gun stores will still be able to provide services to LEO and federal agents as well as other government agencies but will not be open to the general public. Also, gunsmiths can operate by "appointment only" at their discretion based on some ads I've seen in the 'Classified' section.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I thought I had heard that but was hoping that I was wrong.

Guess he is pissed at Trump for the put-down he got when complaining about not getting what he wanted with the National Guard (it was a video/audio clip on the news today).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Here comes the draconian tracking system.

A virtual call center staffed with about 1,000 contact tracers will contact coronavirus patients to learn about their recent activities and make sure they are not spreading the virus.

He’s a f***ing idiot. What state was planning on tracking thru cell phones??? Florida maybe?
Just another .gov reach around.

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Not terribly hard to track people via cell towers. That was how a jury of my peers and I convicted a murderer to life in prison going into my senior year of college.

rcwhat

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Not terribly hard to track people via cell towers. That was how a jury of my peers and I convicted a murderer to life in prison going into my senior year of college.
I sure as hell hope there was more incriminating evidence to sentence someone to life than just cell tower records. Wouldn’t be hard to steal someone’s phone to set them up for murder.

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I sure as hell hope there was more incriminating evidence to sentence someone to life than just cell tower records. Wouldn’t be hard to steal someone’s phone to set them up for murder.
There was way more evidence, that was just used to substantiate flight path along with eye witness testimony and surveillance footage.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not hard to leave the cell phone at home once word gets out on this. License plate recorders and the associated database, not so much.

Reactions: mkm

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Not hard to leave the cell phone at home once word gets out on this. License plate recorders and the associated database, not so much.
Pop the SIM card out and battery too, dispose of them and move on to the next “burner” phone. Problem with that is you can barely even find those in stores anymore, you have to special order them like in “Better Call Saul.”

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He’s a f***ing idiot. What state was planning on tracking thru cell phones??? Florida maybe?
Just another .gov reach around.
Well it IS foolproof. there is no way you could stop those cell towers from tracking you....

1585998549215.png

Oh, WAIT!

HARRYM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jesus christ...no matter what forum I am on, Doomers are there.

I love all these "my mother knows someone who knows the secretary who knows the 2nd cousin removed of the 5 star general's mother in laws aunt landscapers brother that we will shutdown next week, wait on Monday, no on Sunday " posts

None of you know anything so stop acting like the frantic hysteric fear mongering media and their bullshit. Posting an opinion piece catorgized under "secret news" from the Washington rectal examiner isnt a source

So the vocal minority from the cesspool known as twitter is yapping about Baker needing to shut down mass?

Not sure how in the world Baker would be able to realistically explain shutting down this state when we are doing better than any other with the amount of cases we have.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

In the US, legally speaking, it's one thing to use aggregated, anonymous cell tracking data, and quite another to use cell data to track specific individuals. The first is legal. The second is not, without a warrant, or individual permission. There are exceptions but AFAIK they all have severity and immediacy aspects (ex. severe immediate or eminent threat to public, self, or others) not satisfied by COVID-19 related tracking.

IANAL, and if outside the US, you're on your own.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unless you leave your license plate at home also.

In the US, legally speaking, it's one thing to use aggregated, anonymous cell tracking data, and quite another to use cell data to track specific individuals. The first is legal. The second is not, without a warrant, or individual permission. There are exceptions but AFAIK they all have severity and immediacy aspects (ex. severe immediate or eminent threat to public, self, or others) not satisfied by COVID-19 related tracking.

IANAL, and if outside the US, you're on your own.
Things have changed. We're under emergency. Define "US". Define "legally speaking".

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Things were so surreal and bizarre at the grocery store today I literally picked up a head of lettuce and took a three point shot with it into my cart to break up the tenseness.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
The Commonwealth doesn't give a flying f*** about the Constitution. Do you really think it is going to be constrained by any laws short of some US Marshals showing up to throw Baker and his boss Maura in a cell over violating 18 U.S. Code § 242? The answer is no. They will do whatever they want, however they want, to whom or whatever they want until the Feds slap them down or the locals pick up the pitchforks & torches.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Commonwealth doesn't give a flying f*** about the Constitution. Do you really think it is going to be constrained by any laws short of some US Marshals showing up to throw Baker and his boss Maura in a cell over violating 18 U.S. Code § 242? The answer is no. They will do whatever they want, however they want, to whom or whatever they want until the Feds slap them down or the locals pick up the pitchforks & torches.
Maybe these exact things need to happen.

Is the last one the equivalent of Lexington Green? Or @enbloc 's "rally"?

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Pop the SIM card out and battery too, dispose of them and move on to the next “burner” phone. Problem with that is you can barely even find those in stores anymore, you have to special order them like in “Better Call Saul.”
If you are going to go offline, or leave the phone at home, and wish to preserve privacy you need to make a habit of doing this on a regular basis. Otherwise, the fact that you were offline, or you phone not moving, when they wish to allege you were at a particular location will be used as evidence you were offline at that one time only to hide the activity they are alleging.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sort of like the MSP troopers with their time sheets or various MA Senate Presidents.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Things have changed. We're under emergency. Define "US". Define "legally speaking".
Are you being rhetorical, just trolling, or arguing that the use of personally-identifiable cell tracking data is legal and should be done under current circumstances?

"legally speaking" = per US Constitution
"US" = the country known as the United States of America

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you are going to go offline, or leave the phone at home, and wish to preserve privacy you need to make a habit of doing this on a regular basis. Otherwise, the fact that you were offline, or you phone not moving, when they wish to allege you were at a particular location will be used as evidence you were offline at that one time only to hide the activity they are alleging.
Theoretically you could leave the phone home with your toddler and it won’t sit still for very long. It might end up in the toilet or the dogs water bowl though. I guess you could tape it to dog. He moves around enough.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I borrowed my wife's phone the other day when I couldn't locate mine. Turns out I had left it in her car and it fell into the abyss. So when she went out it looked like I was out too.

There's so much plausible deniability in this scheme...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics or it didn’t happen.
It didn't happen.

Are you being rhetorical, just trolling, or arguing that the use of personally-identifiable cell tracking data is legal and should be done under current circumstances?

"legally speaking" = per US Constitution
"US" = the country known as the United States of America
"All of the above."

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
"All of the above."
If you really think that "the use of personally-identifiable cell tracking data is legal and should be done under current circumstances.", i.e., that a fundamental Constitutionally-enumerated human freedom should be suspended at this time then I shall strongly and respectfully disagree with you. The needs of the current, serious situation lack both the immediacy and surety of severe impact to negate the protections such a fundamental right, particularly on a wide-scale basis.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. " Benjamin Franklin

Forgive me if I have misread your post. If I have not, then YAOYT

Top Bottom