Baker State of Emergency

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did not want to hijack the coronavirus closings thread........

Man do I hate this guy. He never stops posturing. Any chance to take some major action, he is all over it. This guy is going to run for President.... as a republican one day. Uggh.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
so....what is different now that we have a State of Emergency???
Well, they will still be doing almost no testing or quarantining or any kind of containment or any other planning to deal with the virus, except this time we're serious about it!

Reactions: TLB

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well, they will still be doing almost no testing or quarantining or any kind of containment or any other planning to deal with the virus, except this time we're serious about it!
Oh man, don’t get me started on testing and quarantine f*** ups. Arlington decided to re-open Stratton elementary after one day. They’ve used the arbitrary metrics of 6ft for consecutive 15 minutes to determine who quarantines. Yeah, because the virus couldn’t possibly have gotten on any door handles or other surfaces in AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Arlington is going to become a cluster and a will blow up in a few days to a week all because of Arlington’s Health and Human Services director. I’ll abstain from using her name so google searches don’t point to this website, but she is not taking this seriously and she is putting residents and the state in danger.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emergency over what? Too many dirty illegals? Need a bigger wall! I hope all funding goes to the wall!! And not letting any foreigners get off of airplanes. f*** em.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The bowl of kool-aide just got another packet of mix added to it. Yum-o!

IM SCARED11111111111111111111111111111111111111
Do you at least know any old people you like? This virus will do what they normally do, which is spread until at least 60 to 70 % of the population has it, then herd immunity hopefully kicks in. Those old folks are likely going to die if they get it. You're okay with that?

I'm preparing the shit entree so it will be ready for you. Do you prefer it topped with sprinkles, or without?

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Do you at least know any old people you like? This virus will do what they normally do, which is spread until at least 60 to 70 % of the population has it, then herd immunity hopefully kicks in. Those old folks are likely going to die if they get it. You're okay with that?

I'm preparing the shit entree so it will be ready for you. Do you prefer it topped with sprinkles, or without?
I'm no fan of this virus. It's clearly a bad thing for vulnerable people.

I'm also no fan of lies, bullshit, manipulation, tin foil, draconian plans and statism.

Like I've said many times here, I'm very worried about how many (most/all?) people will react when we get hit by something that can and does kill healthy people while being easily spread and not curable. That's going to be a shit show. Ontop of the deaths from the actual disease, I suspect there will be considerable deaths and violence from the community panic.

We as a people have shown that we're unable to put the brain trust together and fight problems. All we've shown is we're incompetent people who blame others for problems outside of mosts control while also blaming others for either over reaction or inaction.

This has killed ~4,300 people over the past 3+ months. We live in a world of ~7,750,000,000 people who are mostly connected by 4-5 degrees of separation.

Could it get higher? Sure. Will it? Sure. Will it hit numbers that are historically noteworthy? Why would it?

Remember how NES tinfoil was trying to anal probe Dench about Singapore? That didnt seem to age to well. Singapore is packed in like no ones business and one of asias de facto hubs. Looks like the cases from several weeks ago have gone up by about 100. Zero deaths. Not exactly spreading like wild fire. If it was I'd be very concerned, as its environment isnt hospitable towards viruses. But since it's not taking off there at all and hasnt killed anyone (even people vulnerable to it yet) I don't see why we are screaming from the rooftops.

Keep an eye out? Sure. Find a cure? Absolutely. Crash the stock market? Pass. Close down all sorts of shit locally? No thanks. Spread lies online? Another pass.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm no fan of this virus. It's clearly a bad thing for vulnerable people.

I'm also no fan of lies, bullshit, manipulation, tin foil, draconian plans and statism.

Like I've said many times here, I'm very worried about how many (most/all?) people will react when we get hit by something that can and does kill healthy people while being easily spread and not curable. That's going to be a shit show. Ontop of the deaths from the actual disease, I suspect there will be considerable deaths and violence from the community panic.

We as a people have shown that we're unable to put the brain trust together and fight problems. All we've shown is we're incompetent people who blame others for problems outside of mosts control while also blaming others for either over reaction or inaction.

This has killed ~4,300 people over the past 3+ months. We live in a world of ~7,750,000,000 people who are mostly connected by 4-5 degrees of separation.

Could it get higher? Sure. Will it? Sure. Will it hit numbers that are historically noteworthy? Why would it?

Remember how NES tinfoil was trying to anal probe Dench about Singapore? That didnt seem to age to well. Singapore is packed in like no ones business and one of asias de facto hubs. Looks like the cases from several weeks ago have gone up by about 100. Zero deaths. Not exactly spreading like wild fire. If it was I'd be very concerned, as its environment isnt hospitable towards viruses. But since it's not taking off there at all and hasnt killed anyone (even people vulnerable to it yet) I don't see why we are screaming from the rooftops.

Keep an eye out? Sure. Find a cure? Absolutely. Crash the stock market? Pass. Close down all sorts of shit locally? No thanks. Spread lies online? Another pass.
Singapore is actually handling things properly. So, it is (or was) possible to get a handle on this. Unfortunately, only Singapore, HK, and South Korea seem to doing stuff right.

But none of that right stuff is happening here or most other places, and it isn't going to happen either. I say we are now down to one or two weeks left before it is a complete shit show like Italy or Iran.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
This has got to be the most un-Emergency I've ever felt. Seriously, people still shopping, eating out, creating traffic, and kids still in school. Nobody is asking to cancel Boy Scout meetings. Nobody is seeking to end sports or other youth activities.

The only people acting like an emergency are the politicians and media.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Singapore is actually handling things properly. So, it is (or was) possible to get a handle on this. Unfortunately, only Singapore, HK, and South Korea seem to doing stuff right.

But none of that right stuff is happening here or most other places, and it isn't going to happen either. I say we are now down to one or two weeks left before it is a complete shit show like Italy or Iran.
define "complete shit show"

Is there any data which shows the mortality rate of this disease among old people is any higher than the flu or any other disease? Not jumping into your s**t or anything, seriously just asking.
It's 4x(ish)+ higher for vulnerable populations.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, so, does anyone really know what "State of Emergency" legally really means besides Federal funding?

I'd really like to ride my ATV down the middle of the street without getting arrested, thanks. [wave]

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
IDK, I went outside today and didn't notice any dark clouds or people scrambling around to shelters. There was no line at the coffee place, maybe this state of emergency stuff isn't all bad.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is there any data which shows the mortality rate of this disease among old people is any higher than the flu or any other disease? Not jumping into your s**t or anything, seriously just asking.
There is that nursing home in Washington. Didn't they all die or are there any left?

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm surprised he didn't include a gun confiscation order. This could be Charlie's Katrina.

I haven't seen any reports that Corona kills healthy people. All the stories I have read involved elderly people with multiple, serious conditions. Real facts are awfully scare among all the Chinese lies and hysterical panic. Perhaps it's no different from ordinary flu which apparently has "killed" nearly 20K people in the US this season.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm surprised he didn't include a gun confiscation order. This could be Charlie's Katrina.

I haven't seen any reports that Corona kills healthy people. All the stories I have read involved elderly people with multiple, serious conditions. Real facts are awfully scare among all the Chinese lies and hysterical panic. Perhaps it's no different from ordinary flu which apparently has "killed" nearly 20K people in the US this season.
There have been tons of news reports of younger people dying.... 30s 40s 50s.... And a lot of them had no mention of pre existing conditions or poor health.

oldguy68

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Does this mean we will get free toilet paper from the govt. now? Whoo, hoo!
Probably cost us as much if the just gave us dollar bills to use instead, but hey it's free! [rofl2]

Next up hand sanitizer..[smile]
Free Russian vodka for everyone!
Russian collusion...Love it!

Top Bottom