Baker shutting us down on Tuesday

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I can kind of understand liquor stores being open, there are a lot serious alcoholics out there that could go through
withdrawal symptoms if they don't get their fix (I'm not posting this as a joke or sarcasm... its a real thing).
Last thing we need right now is hospitals having to deal with is some alchy having a grand mal seizure and flopping around
doing the funky chicken in the ER.
I think BigTimber is just venting and busting balls, as some of us are likewise doing the same.

Regardless, you are correct. Stopping an opiates addiction makes addicts feel like they could die and maybe wish they would- but in the end it's rarely fatal. Stopping a true alcohol addiction cold turkey can sometimes be fatal. Nobody wants to be in a hospital right now if it can at all be avoided. Anyone working in a potentially hazardous environment- please be extra vigilant in your safe work habits!

number9

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foreign aid is us giving bribes to make money in those countries. It's essential.
Foreign aid is less than $40B annually, and a lot of that has to be spent with U.S. companies ("tied aid", which is controversial).

I get that people might be against foreign aid on principle, but $40B of the federal budget is practically meaningless from a fiscal perspective.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foreign aid is less than $40B annually, and a lot of that has to be spent with U.S. companies ("tied aid", which is controversial).

I get that people might be against foreign aid on principle, but $40B of the federal budget is practically meaningless from a fiscal perspective.
I want it to hit zero next year. America first, f*** everyone else!!

Laderbuilt

NES Member
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Sorry if this is been covered but does anyone know if any edicts or emergency declarations come about that would impact the lawfulness of CCW?

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'm not sure if it was already posted but, the list stated places of worship and their employees are allowed, To me that means gun shops and ranges but i could be wrong. Paul

if they are semiauto, unless registered NFA and hicap magazines preban only, unless LEO .... yeah, this religion sucks

Laderbuilt

NES Member
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
You’ve got to be f***ing kidding me, right??!
Nope I asked because I wouldn’t be surprised if they snuck something in somewhere quietly that I could have missed.
Either way it wouldn’t stop me but nice to know what risks one is taking. I recall weapons being seized in Louisiana during the hurricane.
So I think it is a valid question, INCASE something had changed.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Lawyers are on the list, would you think that legislators would close their jobs?

Page 8

COVID-19 Essential Services

Professional services (such as legal and accounting services) and payroll and employee benefit services, when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities and critical sector services or where failure to provide such services during the time of the order would result in significant prejudice
"Send lawyers, guns, and money."

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
A few have done this, but I'm not really sure why. I postulated in another thread here that maybe some fudds in management don't want to catch ncov so they'd rather just close the
club than not be able to leer at members for the tiniest of infractions... Apparently they cant yell YEW BOI IZ RAPID FIRIN! from 6 feet away, outside, or something.

I can see closing clubhouses, club bars and shit like that, but to close outdoor ranges? wtaf? lol

-Mike

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed some resupply this morning and didn't know this came out while I was but I was expecting it because... well... Faker.
CVS was empty.
Idylwilde Farm was a little slow for them but very well stocked. Staff was stocking and cleaning.
Roache was more of a PITA than anything else with the old people and the butcher area was empty and dark. It's in a package or nothing. Same with fresh fish.
Alpine Butcher Shop had maybe 6 people shopping. The people that were buying were buying for more than a couple of meals for sure. Staff was all very busy making internet and phone orders.
Roche has been making a strong push to prepackaged meats and getting rid of the meat cutters. They used to have good stuff.

deerdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Somehow yankee candle is considered essential and is open. It wouldn't happen to be about the state losing tax dollars would it?

Mudflap621

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Somehow yankee candle is considered essential and is open. It wouldn't happen to be about the state losing tax dollars would it?
how the heck is Yankee candle essential? I hear the hot wax could be used as hand sanitizer though.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
so who is actually closed, it seems like everything I care about is essential.

edit:
Other community-based essential functions and government operations -- State inspectors, security staff, elections personnel, weather forecasters, trade officials, educators supporting public and private emergency childcare programs, hotel workers, critical government workers, convenience stores, laundromats and workers at places of worship.
weather forecasters
??? really???

MachineHead

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
The last places they should be closing down are the liquor stores. There would be an insane amount of patients showing up to the hospitals with alcohol withdrawal, which is actually can be fatal. Tying up ICU hospital beds for something more preventable than this virus makes no sense.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
central massachusset, from central vietnam.
probably the wrong place, but can't get over why we (the US) doesn't send a gigantic bill over to China to cover our costs?

"From the Office of The President, Dear China, because your residents enjoy eating dirty critters including bats and pangolins, you have unleashed a plague onto the world that is now grossly distributing our economy. We realize you can't undo you F*ck up at this time, but we request you send us $500billion immediately as our fine for causing this disaster. Truly yours, The United States"
Just dont pay all the money that we borrowed from them back lol

Top Bottom