• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker/Polito Summer Picnic

Thank you for your RSVP +2.

WHAT: Summer Picnic 2016
WHEN: August 27, 2016 at 1pm
WHERE: SAC Park
438 Lake St
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
United States

I'm IN! Do you think we have enough time to get T-Shirts printed up? Maybe Goal/Comm2a could assist? I would be in for shirts as well so we can stand united. Sends a strong message if we are all wearing the same shirt imho. This will be a long battle so the shirts will get plenty of use! Love to sport the GOAL and COMM2A logo with some appropriate statement.

I'm not going to protest, I'm legit looking to be seen, heard, and enjoy the day. Let them know we are upstanding citizens and we are not criminals or felons as the media wishes to portray us.

Last edited:
RSVP'd
Volunteer also

I'm going, I'm looking for answers from both.

I've been to the park before numerous times, carried without an issue

Trashing an event like this with bogus RVSPs accomplishes nothing except demonstrate we are the type of people who should not be afforded any consideration. Guess they already have that last part taken care of.

In fact, it is as useless and counterproductive as painting little mustaches on photos of the AG.

Our tactics suck. They don't work. Let's use the left's tactics and learn from squeaky wheels like BLM, LGBTQ. etc

Okay, I changed my mind. The SAC Park outdoor facility can only hold 500 according to their website, so let's show up in the thousands for a rally (notice the misspelled words from its website).

[FONT=Sansation_Regular]Our steel canapy pavillion can house over 500 guest, with 3 serving areas for food and drink.[/FONT]
attachment.php
SAC park is huge, lots of open land for them to setup tents or whatever they would need.

- - - Updated - - -

Is carrying legal in this park? Not sure what type of park it is.....

Privately owned

Just don't get caught in any photo ops whereas your pic can be used to show how Pro-2A the Gov is. You might really regret seeing your pic on social media or campaign literature in the future.

My invite is going back with a note explaining why they will cease to see another vote or dime of my money to advance their future endeavors. No vote, no money, that makes a statement too.

How I ran this last time:

1. Anti-politician shirt (front and back).
2. Ignore any politician.
3. If any politician attempts to speak stand and turn your back.

This might be the best chance we get at civil disobedience- so keep it civil and mob the sh*t out of this thing.

Trashing an event like this with bogus RVSPs accomplishes nothing except demonstrate we are the type of people who should not be afforded any consideration. Guess they already have that last part taken care of.

In fact, it is as useless and counterproductive as painting little mustaches on photos of the AG.

I have no intention of being a "bad guest". I look at it as an opportunity to be able to speak directly to the Gov and Lt. Gov. I have lots of things I'd like to talk to them about. If I can get just 5 minutes with either of them, I'd be delighted.

I hope I can make it.
I want him to explain to my kid that's working towards a career in LE to his face why his dad is now a criminal.
Just keep in mind that anyone acting the fool will be the only thing that makes the 6'oclock news .

Okay, I changed my mind. The SAC Park outdoor facility can only hold 500 according to their website, so let's show up in the thousands for a rally (notice the misspelled words from its website).

[FONT=Sansation_Regular]Our steel canapy pavillion can house over 500 guest, with 3 serving areas for food and drink.[/FONT]
SAC park is huge, lots of open land for them to setup tents or whatever they would need.

- - - Updated - - -

Privately owned

They won't have time to do that if thousands of us just happen to drop in. [laugh]

The name Polito sounded familiar...then I remembered that my grandparents who lived in Shrewsbury on the Half Moon Cove end of Lake Quinsigamond had neighbors who's last name was Polito. I looked up her birthplace and saw she lived in Shrewsbury. I wonder if she was the granddaughter of my grandparents neighbor. I was born in 56 and she in 66 and I remember a little kid (female) that would come visit them from time to time.

I might poke in after the gym Saturday...seems like an easy way to show some numbers and talk to them face to face. As long as there aren't any douche-nozzles creating a stir, we might be able to actually get our point across in a way befitting of law-abiding citizens.

Just got this email today. Let Mindy know where / when you would like to volunteer!

Greetings Volunteers,

Thank you for offering your help with the Picnic with Charlie and Karyn this Saturday, August 27th at SAC Park in Shrewsbury.

I will be assigning you to help in the following areas:

Food Prep (Friday NIGHT "Corn Shucking" and Saturday morning)
Food Service (12:30 PM- 3:30 PM)
Parking Attendants (Set UP from 10 AM - noon, MONITORS from Noon- 4 PM)
Registration ONGOING
Runner/Assistants ONGOING
Children's activities (1- 4 PM)

Please let me know what time slot you can work:

Friday Afternoon: 4 PM- 6 PM (Corn Shucking, set up pop ups, table covering)
Saturday 1st Shift (Morning): Please arrive between 9 AM - 10 AM
Saturday 2nd Shift, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
CLEAN UP (ongoing) 3:30 PM- finish
If you have a preference of assignment, please let me know! Below is my original email, if you have any questions.

The Picnic runs from 1 PM - 4 PM and we anticipate a thousand folks to cycle through over the course of the picnic. We are asking folks that can walk easily to park in the far back of the lot. The Handicapped parking is obviously close to the building and we will reserve spots for the Governor, Lt. Governor, and musicians. Every guest (and Volunteer!) will get a lunch ticket and 2 beverage tickets for water or soda. (There will be a cash bar available through the SAC management.)

The rough timeline for the event:

9:30 AM Registration opens for Volunteers (get tag, t-shirt, assignment, coffee, etc.)

12:30 Registration opens for Guests (Everyone must provide name, email, phone number, voting town & zip code.)

NLT 1 PM, Food line opens and Children's activities (outside tent) begin

1 :05 PM Mike Gacek on Guitar (Stage)

1:30-2:15 PM Governor and Lt. Governor arrive

Sometime between 2:30 and 3 PM we will take a break to recognize officials, thank our workers and have the Governor & Lt. Governor speak. The picnic is designed to be casual, fun and have conversations with voters and supporter.

Karyn will introduce the final entertainment for the afternoon, Tim Pitney's band, a local favorite!

Questions, concerns or anything that needs addressed, please bring it to my attention! I may not have an answer, but I will find out!

Again- THANK YOU all for agreeing to help with this inaugural picnic endeavor. With your volunteer efforts, it will be a success.

Mindy

Mindy McKenzie-Hebert
State Committeewoman, 2nd Worcester
SRTC Chairman
(508)736-7723 C
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom