• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker nominates Emerson grad - Hillary supporter to SJC - what could go wrong?

First Brown screwed us.

Then Baker slipped it in again.

I'll always vote but it will not be for Baker again and it will never be for anyone wearing a D next to their name.

So you would support Maura Healey?

Sure, why not ?
As Hillary would say , What difference does it make. ?
Did you ever think we would be WORST off with a Republican Governor than we ever were with Patrick ?
The worst hit to gun owners rights in this state EVER and under who's watch?
With, I might add his complete blessing.
I'd rather see her get it and let it all burn than that prick ever getting elected again.
At least she'll stab you from the front.

Sadly the most gun control has happened when an R has been in the corner office.
Can Baker be sued for fraud or false advertising because he falsely represented himself as a republican?

Judge Cypher had her hearing before the Governor's Council yesterday. From all reports, she did well and will be confirmed. Vote is next week.

He ran a BCBS, a corporation that benefited hugely from Liberal anti-competitive policies. He donated to and supported politicians who got more regulations passed to benefit the BCBS bottom line. Of course he is a liberal.
The majority of large US corporations support democrats, not republicans.

Did anyone else see her name and go, "Wasn't Cypher the traitor to humanity in The Matrix?"

This seems rather fitting, actually.

it's taken 3+ years to get out of mass....not ready to start that crap all over again.
The good things in life are not easy. You should be OK in Maine, maybe...[laugh]

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone that has the BUT word after I support the 2nd, BUT will not get my vote. Faker can EABOD

The local rag ran a piece on her this week. Ugh. Please. Somehow she's a better judge because she was directly affected by Massachusetts illegal "gay marriage" SJC decision. (Note: I'm for it, but it was a total orchestrated happening. Margaret Whateverhernamewas TOLD the plaintiffs that if they held their suit here, she could assure a SJC win.) Just total and complete fawning. Ugh.

In any election, all you're voting for is the "lesser of two(or more) evils".
regardless if they are for your party, or not .

He ran a BCBS, a corporation that benefited hugely from Liberal anti-competitive policies. He donated to and supported politicians who got more regulations passed to benefit the BCBS bottom line. Of course he is a liberal.
The majority of large US corporations support democrats, not republicans.

Uh, no. He never ran any BCBS operation. He was CEO of Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, a much smaller org.

In any election, all you're voting for is the "lesser of two(or more) evils".
regardless if they are for your party, or not .

So sadly true. Don't recall the last time I actually voted FOR someone (for president or governor) because I believed in them.

Well, unless you are running, you are NEVER going to agree 100% on every issue with ANY candidate. Ergo, every candidate is on the "evil" continuum and you are looking for the one closest to "positive."

Well, unless you are running, you are NEVER going to agree 100% on every issue with ANY candidate. Ergo, every candidate is on the "evil" continuum and you are looking for the one closest to "positive."
I care about one thing !!!!!! Protecting the rights and liberty of the citizens. Following whats in that old document in D.C. Is that two things?

Mike (or Comm2A),

What cases relative to 2A do we know about that she ruled on.

The article is laughable. SJC ruling by law . . . yup that was proven in Caetano . . . NOT!!

No known 2A related cases, but we don't see a lot of them in Superior Court unless they're criminal and we don't really track what happens in Superior Court.

For what it's worth, she appears to be very well qualified in terms of experience. She's replacing Botsford so she can only improve the SJC. She could be there a while too, as long as 13 years. Basically, the SJC is lost. Even if Baker packed the bench with Federalist Society members, it would still take the court millennia to unwind 40 years of bad precedent.

I'll be driving around with a huge sign for his opponent - NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE, I may not vote for them - but no way Faker needs anything besides a kick in the shorts.

My agreed faker baker is terrible. I would make the list in my signature much much longer but NES puts a character count limit.

this is what to expect from a Rino. Need to dump baker, he is not on our side on anything

Sure, why not ?
As Hillary would say , What difference does it make. ?
Did you ever think we would be WORST off with a Republican Governor than we ever were with Patrick ?
The worst hit to gun owners rights in this state EVER and under who's watch?
With, I might add his complete blessing.
I'd rather see her get it and let it all burn than that prick ever getting elected again.
At least she'll stab you from the front.

Nailed it. We are worse off than we were with Cadillac Deval.

Though I may be strongly opposed to Heil Healy and want to see her fail in all her future endeavors, I can give a small degree of respect to someone who remains true to his/her voter base. No, I won't vote for Heil Healy but if it came down to her and Baker- I still would not vote for that weasel Baker. I'll write in Jim Wallace.

I'll put a sign for her in my truck, yes. Something along the lines of she has bigger cajones that Faker. I won't vote for her though.

Not sure about the cajones part, but I'm sure she has more testosterone. If I had a few cords of wood to cut and split, I know which one I'd call if I had to chose between the two.

This might be a stupid question and I'm probably just as dumb for asking it. As Governor (not that I'm voting for her ) wouldn't she have seemingly less power than she does now? I don't remember any Governor writing any Guidences.

In this situation I would say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom