• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baker is not the only RINO Governor: Rick Scott signs FL new gun bill

He's running for Senator and beating Bill Nelson by 10 or so points right now. We'll see if this helps or hurts him. I've been told by someone in FL that people with a CPL are not subject to the waiting period. Not that it really matters because the bill is bad.

I gather he must not be planning to run again.
They will crucify him

RINO indeed. The bill is effectively all gun control. The "school guardian program" is just hand-waving. It doesn't actually allow teachers to be armed, only other staff members like librarians and coaches. I've not found the exact wording to see if teachers who are also librarians or coaches can participate, but I know what I suspect. It requires 132 hours of training, to be provided by local sheriff's offices; that's over 3 weeks, from the same kind of organization that performed so admirably in the shooting. And it's entirely voluntary on the part of the school districts and sheriff's offices; Coward County as already said no thanks. Staffers who do go through the program get a $500 stipend, but Scotty already getting pressure to veto funding for that portion of the program.

Yes, FL concealed carry license holders don't get boned with the 3 day wait, similar to handguns, but other than that, BOHICA. Snowbirds from MA, NY, NJ and MD should be feeling right at home.

Annnnnnd.......The NRA is suing.

If they want to impress me right now , I want to see every Republican who voted for it get dropped to an "F" rating like instantly.
No making excuses for them. , No fudging around , just do it.
From what I have been reading on another forum, the guys from Florida have been saying that Marion Hammer is the one that's been queering up most of the pro gun bills down there for a while.

He's running for Senator and beating Bill Nelson by 10 or so points right now. We'll see if this helps or hurts him. I've been told by someone in FL that people with a CPL are not subject to the waiting period. Not that it really matters because the bill is bad.
True. The wait is also waived for persons trading in a gun.

Annnnnnd.......The NRA is suing.
Funny, the NRA did nothing when MA raised the age for an LTC to 21, and hence the age to buy long guns with mag capacity over 10 rounds, back in 1998.

And wait three effing days.
can't buy new ones in Mass no matter how many days you wait. I'm not saying I agree with it. But until we stop caving into these emotional idiots we're going to keep losing. Some more than others. Nothing happened here and one morning some chic wakes up on the rag and puts her own interpretation on laws that had been on the books for decades. Now we can't buy new ar's.

Last edited:
The question is whether those folks from up North that moved down there will get fired up enough to vote the lowlifes out of office.

Amazing how fast things can get done when emotion is employed and logic and reason are ignored.

Voting will always be irrelevant and moot when emotion trumping reason is the standard.

So, what does a person do when they move out at 18 to live on their own, but are not old enough to properly defend themselves?

Yeah, what’s stopping them from raising the age to buy a gun to 40??

Exactly.

So, what does a person do when they move out at 18 to live on their own, but are not old enough to properly defend themselves?

They don't care. It's all about the sound bite and the next election.

Bob

Did it raise the age to possess or just purchase? If just purchase, even more worthless than how worthless it already sounds. Buy out of state. Those who already own. Gifted. Etc. Feel good bullshit that’s unconstitutional. Nice.

Florida concealed carry forums are talking about Scott and his vote. He won't get another vote from a gun owner, he showed his colors with the signing of the bill. People are pissed.

Since when do the children get to write law ? Because that's what just happened . I just cant believe laws can be written after such a emotionally charged incident . Law makers should have a three day wait too ! More like a year when it comes to the peoples Bill of Rights .

Since when do the children get to write law ? Because that's what just happened . I just cant believe laws can be written after such a emotionally charged incident . Law makers should have a three day wait too ! More like a year when it comes to the peoples Bill of Rights .
The children are just the pawns. It's the Bloomturds and Soroses of the world, and their politicians and NGOs that are to blame.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom